Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: Who should be the new SS Lazio captain?  (Read 16287 times)

Stefano6

• LF Legend
Re: Who should be the new SS Lazio captain?
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 04:13:07 PM »

Its not a "stupid" argument. Mauri played 29 games in Serie A last season, if he was fit, more likely he played.

Now we have the opportunity to choose a new captain, why would you not choose someone who is always going to be there.
Plus we dont even know if Radu will stay.

Its almost certain to be Candreva or Marchetti.

Emko

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 04:15:33 PM »

I don't want to speculate or something, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv3osbjnsy8

This is a video from lazio official youtube, posted yesterday. In the end of the video it is obvious that this is Candreva.

Maybe this tells something more...

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 04:17:41 PM »

Radu deserves , but he miss a lot of matches,
 Klose also will not be starter in every match with 36 years,
 New midfielder player(s).....
 Lulic -Candreva ?
 Last season I vote Lulic, this season I will give Antonio a chance(if he really wants to be bandiera )- also this will helped him to be more team player.
 Tough choice.

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 04:30:14 PM »

Its not a "stupid" argument. Mauri played 29 games in Serie A last season, if he was fit, more likely he played.

Now we have the opportunity to choose a new captain, why would you not choose someone who is always going to be there.
Plus we dont even know if Radu will stay.

Its almost certain to be Candreva or Marchetti.

Btw I said a bit jokingly, don't get offended. :beer:

But truthfully speaking Biglia was always ahead of Ledesma, our 2nd captain yet nobody questioned his captaincy. Mauri did actually play in quite many games but at the start of the season it was Lulic, Biglia and Parolo on middle and Keita and Candreva on wings. No room for Mauri, only after Keita failed to impress Mauri got his chance to play more. Then Anderson started to bloom and Mauri was again not a starter. Then we lost Lulic for a long time and changed to 4-2-3-1 where Mauri had a position to play more. With all our 3 starting central midfielders fit, Mauri wouldn't have played as much as he did. So again, Mauri was our captain but he wasn't a sure starter. Did anyone question his captaincy?

I know Radu will miss some games, but he played 24 games last season in Serie A, 25 a year before that, 23, 21 and so on. Mauri played 29 last season, 12 (was banned), 26, 16 and so on. There isn't THAT much difference. So in my opinion it's a bit poor argument.

I do agree that we need to find new captains but I'd still use Radu as my number 1 captain (as long as he stays here).
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

LofL

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 04:44:07 PM »

It's hard us fans to decide on a captain. There's no tradition in Italy with selecting the most vocal player on a field. I have a feeling many pick Radu for that reason. Personally I don't think the current "3rd" and "4th" captains will be selected.

There's a good chance Pioli will simply let the dressing room vote, and off field duties will be the key factor. Remember that a captain have that role every day. There's 90 min of football in a stadium every week, but 10+ hours at Formello and in the dressing room.

That's why I have a strong feeling Klose will be either captain or vice, and the other will be Marchetti or.... well you know who.

Maxflier

• Aquilotto
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 05:00:49 PM »

Such a tough vote for me. I think because of his experience and professionalism Klose would deserve it but at the same time I also think it should go to someone who will be here for a long time. So in that regard I would hope for Marchetti slightly over Candreva. The problem is I have this feeling that if Candreva doesn't get it then he will take a bad turn so to speak.

MilanChe

• Aquilotto
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 05:25:25 PM »

Voted for Miro, I think he has the experience to be our new captain.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 06:37:54 PM »

I would like a player that would be in the squad at all times (when fit and not suspended of course).
So then we have these names : De Vrij, Parolo, Gentiletti, Radu, Basta, Candreva, Felipe, Lulic, Marchetti.

De Vrij has what it takes but to young, Felipe i just mentioned because of being in the first team.
It' also a matter of leading and experience, so then remains:
Basta, Parolo, Candreva, Gentiletti, Marchetti, Lulic.

Best fitted in my humble opinion would be Parolo or Gentiletti.

But i would expect the club to pick Candreva or Marchetti.

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 07:43:48 PM »

I wish we have had Parolo for a longer time, he would be my number one, but right now it's a tough choice. If not him, maybe Radu or Marchetti, Klose is a symbolic choice as well. Respect to Candre, but he is too individual to my taste.

dimascio

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 08:05:39 PM »

Who cares.  The captaincy doesn't hold any weight in this club.

The captaincy is almost a kiss of death.  Either injuries, scandals, or transfer ensue directly after someone takes over sole captaincy. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33