Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: 2015/16 UEFA Champions League  (Read 8459 times)

Rizmo

• LF Legend
2015/16 UEFA Champions League
« on: July 11, 2015, 02:01:42 PM »

Regarding the play offs for next seasons Champions League

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2016/accesslist/listofparticipants/index.html

Teams already qualified for the play offs are Lazio, Valencia, Man Utd, Sporting Lissabon and Leverkusen.

5 more teams will reach the playoffs for non-league winners so to be Top Seeded we need to be at least seeded 5th highest.

At the moment we are seeded 5th of the 5 teams already qualified. The only 3 teams that can reach the play offs and are seeded higher then us are Ajax, CSKA and Shakthar. So we need all of them to crash out for us to be top seeded.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 03:03:42 PM by Rizmo »
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: 2015/16 UEFA Champions League
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 02:13:29 PM »

So today UEFA updated the club ranking for next season.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html

Teams already qualified for the play offs are Lazio, Valencia, Man Utd, Sporting Lissabon and Leverkusen.

5 more teams will reach the playoffs for non-league winners so to be Top Seeded we need to be at least seeded 5th highest.

At the moment we are seeded 4th of the 5 teams already qualified, with Sporting behind us. The only 2 teams that can reach the play offs and are seeded higher then us are Ajax and Shakthar. So we need at least one of them to crash out for us to be top seeded.

Ajax will probably make it but Shakhtar is selling everything they got so hopefully they will go out.

After all, it's a difference facing Valencia, Man Utd, Leverkusen, Ajax and Shakhtar or someone like Club Brugge, Fenerbache, Rapid Wien, Sparta Prag, Young Boys, Monaco, CSKA and Panathinaikos.

I can see us loose or win to any of the teams for that matter but I'd rather be top seeded to feel a little bit more safe.

So best of luck to any team facing Ajax/Shakhtar!  :beer:

The coefficients have been updated to include this year's coefficient. They are not the coefficients used for the seedings of the UEFA Champions League draw.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2016/accesslist/listofparticipants/index.html

We are 5th of 5 seeds as it stands, but Ajax, Shakhtar and CSKA will all be seeded above us if they qualify. In order to be seeded, we need Shakhtar, Ajax AND CSKA Moskva to be eliminated in qualifying.

martinese

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 02:30:29 PM »

In order to be seeded, we need Shakhtar, Ajax AND CSKA Moskva to be eliminated in qualifying.

Which surely won't happen but facing one of CSKA, Ajax or Shakhtar won't be that bad. Playing a qualifying match against Valencia, Leverkusen or Manchester United will be a totally different story.

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 03:00:32 PM »

The coefficients have been updated to include this year's coefficient. They are not the coefficients used for the seedings of the UEFA Champions League draw.

We are 5th of 5 seeds as it stands, but Ajax, Shakhtar and CSKA will all be seeded above us if they qualify. In order to be seeded, we need Shakhtar, Ajax AND CSKA Moskva to be eliminated in qualifying.

Well, that sucked. But anyway, I'd only worry if we got United due to UEFA surely want United in the CL ahead of us and we'll get a dodgy referee to handle the game/s.

We're pretty much equal to Valencia, Leverkusen, Ajax, CSKA or Shakhtar so I'd be optimistic against any of them.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 03:01:48 PM »

At this point, I would like Utd more than going to Moscow or Ukraine. Can be easier.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 03:53:12 PM »

Our first eleven can beat everyone of these teams. So I don't care against which team we will play in the end. No fear! We are Lazio!

inhocsignovinces

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 01:43:47 AM »

When is the draw?
T’avemo arzato la coppa in faccia.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 12:51:02 PM »

Ajax - Rapid Wien
Shaktar - Fener

So, we're definitely out of seeded group.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 01:03:51 PM »

Ajax - Rapid Wien
Shaktar - Fener

So, we're definitely out of seeded group.

And CSKA vs Sparta Prague.

I can see CSKA and Shakhtar go out but surely Ajax will go through...?

LazioCanada

• Aquilotto
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 04:34:11 AM »

Fenerbache and CSKA both tied in their first legs. Ajax plays tomorrow. Lets hope for a miracle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18