Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: 2015/16 UEFA Champions League  (Read 8461 times)

rich

• Aquila Senior
Re: 2015/16 UEFA Champions League
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 09:04:27 AM »

Good results for us last night cska could be in real trouble with sparta prague scoring 2 away goals

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 10:25:10 AM »

Fenerbache and CSKA both tied in their first legs. Ajax plays tomorrow. Lets hope for a miracle.

Ajax is very poor at the moment so my bet will be on Rapid Wien without doubts.

Actually except the obvious Man U and Valencia, one team I want to avoid is Fenerbahce.
For the rest - Sporting, Leverkusen, Monaco, Shakhtar, Panatinaikos, CSKA, Club Brugge, Ajax or  Rapid Wien - they don't really worry me. Our first 11 can have a fair chance against them.
Just because I know them very well, I can tell you that Ajax is by far the poorest of these teams. Should they qualify, I would be ecstatic if we draw them.

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 10:49:04 AM »

In order for us to be seeded and avoid the like of MU or Valencia, we need a miracle. in short, CSKA, Shakhtar and Ajax have to lose their Play offs

Shakhtar drew with Fenerbache in turkey, so they have the upper hand. although one goal for the turks in Ukraine, and all is for Grabs
CSKA drew in Russia, with Sparta grabbing 2 away goals
Ajax play tonight but are not a trm to fear.

all in all there is a slim chance all 3 teams to lose qualifying, but I still doubt it

:offlag:

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 11:14:39 AM »

I think it is time to face the fact that we will meet one of Man Utd, Valencia, Leverkussen, Sporting or (Shakhtar, Ajax, CSKA). In my opinion the best possible scenario is that Ajax qualifies and Shakhtar not. in that case my preference is clear: Ajax, Sporting, Leverkusen, Valencia, Man Utd in this order.

Ajax is the easiest one for me. They lost some of their talents and base players (Moisander, Kishna, possibly Cilessen), they got some youngsters on loan to replace them. In my opinion they don't have the quality to defeat us. Still they are young and can give us trouble.
Shakhtar or CSKA are not unbeatable but are teams with good players and good CL experience plus long travel distances - they can cause us pain.
Sporting is certainly doable - imagine that Cianinho is their best defender. Not underestimate them - but it's nothing scary either.
Leverkusen is tricky but we tend to do well against german sides. I think their current team is not better than ours.
Valencia made some good transfers. I still think that it would be a close game but must admit that I see it going more their way. maybe also because we don't do good usually against Spanish teams.
Man Utd cannot afford to lose to use. We would be clearly outsiders. Still, they have a lot of new players and we might get lucky but I think it would be more of a miracle.

martinese

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 12:28:04 PM »

I don't get all that thinking and brainstorming who should Lazio play against... this is CL! If you want to be among the best in this tournament you have to beat teams like Manchester United, Valencia and Leverkusen. No excuses.

CSKA Moscow are a weak team in my eyes and I've been saying it since the start of last season. I've never like the work their coach (Slutsky) is doing at the club. No good transfers, their tactics are awful and they keep on using the same defence from years now when it's obvious that they need better players there if they want to fight for glory in Europe and in Russia.

Ajax and Sporting are nothing special. Just big names and nothing else at the moment. Shakhtar have sold almost half of their team and are surely weaker than they used to be a few years ago when everyone feared them.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 01:50:19 PM »

I don't get all that thinking and brainstorming who should Lazio play against... this is CL! If you want to be among the best in this tournament you have to beat teams like Manchester United, Valencia and Leverkusen. No excuses.

CSKA Moscow are a weak team in my eyes and I've been saying it since the start of last season. I've never like the work their coach (Slutsky) is doing at the club. No good transfers, their tactics are awful and they keep on using the same defence from years now when it's obvious that they need better players there if they want to fight for glory in Europe and in Russia.

Ajax and Sporting are nothing special. Just big names and nothing else at the moment. Shakhtar have sold almost half of their team and are surely weaker than they used to be a few years ago when everyone feared them.

I think most of us would settle with participating in the tournament at this moment  :razz: I mean in the real CL, not the playoffs. cause that means money. for this it might not be necessary to be able to beat Man Utd.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 08:25:44 PM »

I know what you mean, Martin, but i can't agree. There is a difference between ManU and Rapid Vienna!!!

A lucky draw can decide where we end.
I also say that all teams are beatable, but for only getting into the CL, there are easier teams out there than ManU.

You have to win against all if you want to get into next rounds in the CL, but if you only want to get into it, the sentence "you have to win against everyone" is not true.

The Undertaker

• LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 10:00:44 PM »

I ain't the guy talking about theories and conpiracies about who we are going to face. I'm looking directly at our opponent when the draw is going to happen.

Until then,talking about who should we face and who is weaker or stronger makes no sense.

Lazio beated Napoli twice last year away from Rome and lost to Cesena. Does that make any sense to you? Of course not. So let's wait and see.

LazioCanada

• Aquilotto
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 06:07:18 AM »

2-2 Ajax Rapid Wien. Good 1st Leg results. Still need a lot of luck but there is a slim chance we go in as a seeded team.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 09:00:49 AM »

Its true that to win the CL you have to beat the best teams, but lets face it, we're not going to win it! Were just going to be happy to be in the group stages, and if we get out of the group, great.

So from that respect, its much better to go in as a seeded team, as we have a much better chance of beating, say Vienna, than we do of beating Man Utd.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18