Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 75

Author Topic: Sergej Milinkovic Savic  (Read 13087 times)

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
Re: Sergej Milinkovic Savic
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2015, 03:49:16 PM »

If Milinkovic-Savic did to us what he did to Fiorentina, there would be absolute outrage about the quality of his character.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 04:13:20 PM »

If Milinkovic-Savic did to us what he did to Fiorentina, there would be absolute outrage about the quality of his character.

Yeah but we were in for him first and he ended up with us. Not like the Astori situation or anything. I think the Fiorentina thing only happened because he got frozen out at Genk and things were moving at a snails pace with Lazio.

Cathal

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2015, 04:20:45 PM »

I don't know if that's a criticism but if it is, I think you're a little wide of the mark on this one. If Milinkovic-Savic did what he did to Lazio rather than Fiorentina, I think Lotito would cop most of the criticism for getting ahead of himself. Fiorentina escaped criticism by putting all the blame on Milinkovic-Savic's shoulders.

But a 20 year-old doing a u-turn - for whatever reason - on a decision that could affect the rest of his life or career is something 20 year-olds do every day. What tends not to happen every day is football clubs being so quick to get one up on a rival, they present a deal as if it is done before the contract has even been signed. Rookie error on Fiorentina's part.

It's claimed Milinkovic-Savic did the u-turn because his girlfriend didn't want to move to Florence. Well, At 20, I planned on ending my studies upon graduation and finding employment. Then I got into a relationship and decided to continue studying so I could stay in close proximity to that girl. Now I'm 26, still studying and very much settled with the same girlfriend.

So I personally find any criticism of Milinkovic-Savic based on 'what he did to Fiorentina' a bit nuts. I think putting the interests of his girlfriend or even his own interests over the football clubs to which he is just another business transaction suggests his character is good. He is taking control of his own destiny when you could argue Raiola's client Kishna is not. Kishna saying he suits Lazio's style of play sounded very much like Raiola has me on a string and tells me what to do.

That said, Milinkovic-Savic could be an absolute arse. But don't see how not going through with a move to Fiorentina is a negative reflection on his character.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2015, 04:31:53 PM »

He had a personal agreement with Tare but then negotiations stopped. Viola stepped in with the right offer to Genk forcing the kid to consider them, orherwise he was probably staying at Genk and he wanted to avoid that.  He didn't feel right about Viola and decided to wait for Lazio with this taking some risk (possibly also for private reasons).

He did nothing wrong imo.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2015, 04:45:23 PM »

From videos I have seen, I am optimistic that MS will be great for us.
I think he will break our 1st team soon.
Time will tell but I am really excited.
He is a good quality player.
He looks like a monster in midfield with his body size.
He is our Pogba.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:58:38 PM by dinhochester »

torsten

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2015, 05:43:38 PM »

But what I see is a 20 year old player who already plays between his same aged mates like he would be at least 5 years older! You get me?

I see a player who has a strong right foot, but can pass and shoot with his left one too.
I see a player who has always the eye for a player who is in better position.
I see a player who can make real good passes and fights for every ball.
And...I see a player with a strong body who also uses it in the right way.

He is no headless chicken anymore. Doesn't run and run and plays the ball uncontrolled over the pitch.

For sure he will need some time to adapt, but I'm pretty sure he will be able to help.

I agree. He looks really mature on the pitch. Parolo and Milinkovic-Savic will be monsters on each side of Biglia.

Hopefully Cataldi will get as many starts.
Alessandro Nesta, Fernando Couto, Stefano Fiore, Tommaso Rocchi, Stefano Mauri, Giuseppe Biava, Federico Marchetti, Danilo Cataldi, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Simone Inzaghi, Ciro Immobile, Marco Parolo

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2015, 01:36:53 AM »

But what I see is a 20 year old player who already plays between his same aged mates like he would be at least 5 years older! You get me?

I see a player who has a strong right foot, but can pass and shoot with his left one too.
I see a player who has always the eye for a player who is in better position.
I see a player who can make real good passes and fights for every ball.
And...I see a player with a strong body who also uses it in the right way.

He is no headless chicken anymore. Doesn't run and run and plays the ball uncontrolled over the pitch.

For sure he will need some time to adapt, but I'm pretty sure he will be able to help.

I agree. He looks really mature on the pitch. Parolo and Milinkovic-Savic will be monsters on each side of Biglia.

Hopefully Cataldi will get as many starts.

I think MS is better than Cataldi and Ravel.
This signing is a heartbreak for our primavera eg ikonomidis.
They might not have a chance.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2015, 02:55:55 AM »

I don't know if that's a criticism but if it is, I think you're a little wide of the mark on this one. If Milinkovic-Savic did what he did to Lazio rather than Fiorentina, I think Lotito would cop most of the criticism for getting ahead of himself. Fiorentina escaped criticism by putting all the blame on Milinkovic-Savic's shoulders.

But a 20 year-old doing a u-turn - for whatever reason - on a decision that could affect the rest of his life or career is something 20 year-olds do every day. What tends not to happen every day is football clubs being so quick to get one up on a rival, they present a deal as if it is done before the contract has even been signed. Rookie error on Fiorentina's part.

It's claimed Milinkovic-Savic did the u-turn because his girlfriend didn't want to move to Florence. Well, At 20, I planned on ending my studies upon graduation and finding employment. Then I got into a relationship and decided to continue studying so I could stay in close proximity to that girl. Now I'm 26, still studying and very much settled with the same girlfriend.

So I personally find any criticism of Milinkovic-Savic based on 'what he did to Fiorentina' a bit nuts. I think putting the interests of his girlfriend or even his own interests over the football clubs to which he is just another business transaction suggests his character is good. He is taking control of his own destiny when you could argue Raiola's client Kishna is not. Kishna saying he suits Lazio's style of play sounded very much like Raiola has me on a string and tells me what to do.

That said, Milinkovic-Savic could be an absolute arse. But don't see how not going through with a move to Fiorentina is a negative reflection on his character.

say whaaat???, I thought you're like at least 32 or 35-ish  :what:

/Off topic

Niv Mizzet

• Aquilotto
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2015, 07:11:26 AM »

He is our Pogba.

Ameeen for this...

:scarfup: :beer:
Welcome to Lazio, Sergej..
The only thing I hope for is that Pioli and the players take the tournament seriously and show some desire to do good in it. This is where Lazio can do something, not in the CL.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2015, 10:53:41 AM »

say whaaat???, I thought you're like at least 32 or 35-ish  :what:

/Off topic

Hh ... was thinking thesame.
I'm 34, i expected Cathal around 30 at least.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 75