Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73

Author Topic: Sergej Milinkovic Savic  (Read 11601 times)

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Sergej Milinkovic Savic
« Reply #710 on: August 10, 2018, 09:33:04 AM »

That's the point. SMS's real value is probably 60-70 mil. He did not do anything to justify the 120 mil Lotito is asking. In my opinion that was all media bullshit. And for the money we can get now, better keep him one more year and qualify for CL.

Transfermarkt rate him at 90 mil Euros so as per the marketthese days, 150 mil should be fair value to sell

Kepa Arrizabalaga is valued at 20 mil and has just been sold at a wopping 80 mil

so if we are to sell the same at 4* value, we should not sell less than 360 mil then

Done

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #711 on: August 10, 2018, 09:35:45 AM »

That's the point. SMS's real value is probably 60-70 mil. He did not do anything to justify the 120 mil Lotito is asking. In my opinion that was all media bullshit. And for the money we can get now, better keep him one more year and qualify for CL.

x 2 I also don't understand how on earth Lotito got this price of 120-150milion euro? He is better than Pogba? Makes me laugh, Pogba was excellent at Juventus, and despite some bench time at Man Utd, had really good season. WC champion and instrumental in that squad, while Sergej really didn't do nothing.

Keep him this season, its better for us and him as well.
- strength, pride, discipline -

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #712 on: August 10, 2018, 09:47:36 AM »

Transfermarkt rate him at 90 mil Euros so as per the marketthese days, 150 mil should be fair value to sell

Kepa Arrizabalaga is valued at 20 mil and has just been sold at a wopping 80 mil

so if we are to sell the same at 4* value, we should not sell less than 360 mil then

Arrizabalega only went for 80m because Bilbao had set a release clause on him at that value. Doesnt mean thats what hes worth, just means thats the figure Bilbao decided on. Release clauses are usually high for players they want to keep because the whole point is to scare people off, and if someone really wants the player at least you get a shitload of cash for it.

As for Savic, I dont think hes worth the 120m figure we keep hearing, because I dont think hes done enough to warrant it. I think other clubs probably are thinking the same, he was decent last season but had an underwhelming World Cup, and I doubt weve received any serious offers.

People make the comparison with Pogba who went for 100m if i recall, but at the time he was a regular in a multiple title winning Juventus team, now hes a regular at Man Utd and has just won the World Cup.
Who is "better" between him and Savic is irrelevant because its easy to see why he was valued so highly at the time, and probably now.

If the offer of 60m plus Navas is true, its a decent starting point in my mind. Personally id try and get them to raise to 70 or 80m plus Navas and id take that.

But - and this is the important point - Lotito isnt me! Hes already decided he wont sell for less than 120m, and we all know how stubborn he is.
There is 1 week left of the market, honestly, I dont think anything happens now with Savic. If Madrid had made this offer 2 weeks ago then maybe, but now its too late.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #713 on: August 10, 2018, 10:40:05 AM »

This is not a normal market - clubs overpay when they find the right match and want to avoid competition. Kepa went to Chelsea for 80 mil because they sold Courtois for 35 and they wanted a replacement in 2-3 days. It's common practice in Spain to have release clauses, it is not common in Italy. So yeah - Bilbao hit the jackpot.

That doesn't mean that Kepa is worth 80 mil, just as Alisson was not worth 75. Even if transfermarkt says that a player is worth 100 mil, it's just virtual and an indication - no real guarantee that somebody is willing to pay that. To capitalize on that amount and get more, you need a rich club in desperate need OR some clubs fighting for the player. In a normal negotiations, big clubs will "eat" small clubs. They have the advantage - they can offer better perspective and salaries and so on. They convince the player and then they wait. At the moment, I don't see a rush on SMS - clubs are mentioned by the media, but no club has a huge need for him. He had a good season in Serie A, followed by a mediocre World Cup. He can do tricks agains SPAL or Sassuolo, but that's no guarantee that he can do the same against Chelsea or Man City. He was invisible against Brazil. So I do understand that for us SMS is important and we value him high, but for a big club he is not worth 100 mil at the moment.

Sure, an insane offer might come if Real sells all midfielders and they are desperate. But otherwise, I don't expect more than 60-70 mil offers this summer. I don't buy the 100+ offers we refused. Lotito knows well that he needs to grab those.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #714 on: August 10, 2018, 02:24:05 PM »

He had a mediocre WC?  :wuzz:

Good luck proving that. I don't understand even why you're taking the WC into consideration. He never played for Serbia before that, coach Krstajic doesn't have enough brains to make an honest tactical setup and puts Milinkovic Savic on DM against Brazil. What did you expect? Too much maybe? You can't undervalue a player after a great season and three bad games afterwards. Comparing SPAL to Brazil  :razz: maybe he can't do tricks against Brazil from defense but he can do it against almost all of Serie A so I guess that's enough.

Second best Serie A midfielder, or maybe the best, scored 12 goals...if he was a Juventus player he'd be worth 350 million.

Edit: not three bad games but one great game, one not good enough and one mediocre.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 02:37:59 PM by lazioserbia »

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #715 on: August 10, 2018, 02:33:29 PM »

Worth every penny in todays market and accepting anything less is just insane.

FORZA LAZIO!

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #716 on: August 10, 2018, 02:41:45 PM »

Not to mention that he's won the Euro with youngsters and the WC with U21. So, if he was Spanish or French or Brazilian he'd be worth a lot more.

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #717 on: August 10, 2018, 02:55:44 PM »

Arrizabalega only went for 80m because Bilbao had set a release clause on him at that value. Doesnt mean thats what hes worth, just means thats the figure Bilbao decided on. Release clauses are usually high for players they want to keep because the whole point is to scare people off, and if someone really wants the player at least you get a shitload of cash for it.

this is like saying I bought a $5000 valued car for $10000 just because the dealership priced it at that value and would not accept one dollar less

If a team is willing to pay 80m for a player it means that they value him that much FULL STOP.

If anything he could have went for more if there weren't a release clause. cause of course Athletic bilbao did not accept less else we would have seen chelsea buy him at less than the 80MIl.

So basically if a player is sold for a X amount then he is worth that much for both the seller and the buyer at least

sniperpon

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #718 on: August 10, 2018, 03:02:34 PM »

He never played for Serbia before that, coach Krstajic doesn't have enough brains to make an honest tactical setup and puts Milinkovic Savic on DM against Brazil. What did you expect?

To back what you're saying, he had an outstanding first game, where he was the top-rated performer between both sides, according to Who Scored. He struggled in the second game, then was moved to a reserved role for the third match, where he failed to make much of an impact.

I certainly wouldn't say he had a lousy tournament-- it was more like a mixed bag, and most of that due to factors beyond his control (like the coach's tactical decisions).

I would suspect teams looking to drop that kind of cash on a player would have that kind of context too, and would look at extensive film from his Lazio season, plus his first game in the tournament, where he was played up high, in an attacking position.

christ_JM

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #719 on: August 10, 2018, 04:44:04 PM »

Worth every penny in todays market and accepting anything less is just insane.

Exactly. Not only in this inflated but normal market is 120 million a bargain but his height and position make him even more valuable.
Laziale!
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73