Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Rate Lazios Summer mercato 2015  (Read 3908 times)

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Rate Lazios Summer mercato 2015
« on: August 31, 2015, 11:49:36 PM »

I wanted to create a poll and get an idea about what people think about our summer mercato and whether or not we are.

There's lots of different ways to formulate the questions in this poll, so I just went with the type that is very broad instead of focusing so much on youth.

As a reminder, these are our sales and buys this summer:

IN: Patric - Ravel - Milinkovic - Hoedt - Kishna - Matri (1y loan)

OUT: Cana - Ederson - Pereirinha - Novaretti - Ciani - Ledesma - Gonzalez (loan with buyout option)
        Perea (loan) - Alfaro

ps: I chose the awful option because i genuinely feel we are in a worse state than last season. You can't just keep your starting 11 players expected everyone to be fired up and hungry to perform more and more..you need to make minor adjustments at the very least.

Awful decisions:

Signing Patric
extending with Radu and Braafheid
not selling either Biglia or Felipe despite the need for reinforcements
spending so much money on Milinkovic who is below Cataldi and Onazi in the pecking order..seriously wtf?
We don't have a 5th CB now..minor issue maybe but dangerous.

All in all we are weaker than last season..from a mercato where we had to step up our game to build on the foundation we built last season.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:53:34 PM by ilsemprelaziale »
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Stefano6

• LF Legend
Re: Rate Lazios Summer mercato 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 11:55:21 PM »

I voted for "quite disappointed" although I feel there should be another middle option.

Im happy with the Matri signing.
Im glad that some of the players who we werent going to play, but were taking up wages, were finally moved on.

But, im not that happy with most of the other players we signed. Kishna seems good, wasnt exactly needed, but seems a good buy.
Savic, who knows, maybe, but again wasnt really needed.
Everyone knows my thoughts on Morrison.

Ive said before, but I feel like weve added depth in numbers but not in quality. Our first 11 is still strong and competitive, but when we are missing important players, we will struggle because the backups are all kids, and this is being demonstrated already.

If I had to give a vote, id say 6/10

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 12:03:03 AM »

Mercato sucked ass. Every one of our "reinforcements" - except Matri - will need at least two months to get acquainted with SerieA. Meanwhile, we're one injury away from complete disaster.
We have no adequate subs in central midfield, we don't have a functioning stopper duo, all we have is individual efforts by Candreva, FA and Keita going forward.
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 12:06:23 AM »

Voted 3rd option, but like Stefano i think a middle option is needed because imo this mercato as average.

Already explained myself in the transfer topic, so here's a copy :

The only things that worries me is that there was zero interest in reinforcing the fullback department.
On the left we rely on 1 injury prone starter who is declining every season and another injury prone backup below level for Lazio.  Luckely Lulic can fill in.  On the right we rely on our starter Basta and his backup is an unproven young player on this level.  A 3rd option is Konko who is never being considered by the coach anymore.

Also the fact that Cana is officialy gone since today and no replacement was attracted.  This Lazio relies on 3 CB's who are playing here and 1 very young new player that did not get 1 minute on the field yet.  This to play on 3 fronts, really frightening imo.  Radu and youthplayer Prce will certainly be on the CB spots this season in official games ...  :ohnoo:

Lazio has a roster mainly to play Serie A.
Mainly the defence is not equipped to do something in Europe.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 12:12:02 AM by Laziale for Life »

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 12:11:28 AM »

For me, it`s quite early to say. Believe that must wait until season end to rate, but have two cents now.

First, mercato wasn't managed in a way 'We are CL team and want to bang some important asses in group stage.' Not really a dissapointment for me, because Lazio is too far from such stature and such experiment can end very bad.

Second, some quite strange (if not outrageous) moves were made. First is Patric Gabarron (!), effectively Spanish third tier player. Bad message for guys like Pollace or Seck.
Second is Morrison, second tier player who was expelled from almost every team in which he played and is expected to take over Mauri at some point. Ermm, it is strange as is sounds.

Not that I have problem with that players or their reputation, but signal is clear that some oversea kid can jump immediatelly in first team, while boys from Primavera won't even get chance. And reputation of Gil and Pollace are there somewhere. Close.

Third, nobody 'big' was sold. It's a plus from me, because we can't really expect big tranfers in while your first team that entered CL qual is still assembled. Would be illogical, but still... We could be very well fixed in first lineup. Mainly in offensive/wide area.

So, no rate from me  :supsmile: , but my feeling is that this mercato didn't amuse me. Nor dissapoints me.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

sniperpon

• Aquilotto
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 12:36:41 AM »

The only thing that saved this mercato from the dreaded "awful" radio button was that we offloaded lots of dead weight.

We didn't address positions of need, and "reinforced" positions for which we already had numbers, with players who are worse than the ones we sent packing.

It was the usual Lotito and Tare "throwing darts at the wall" approach. All that was missing was the broken fax machine.

wop_1

• Aquilotto
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 02:34:24 AM »

I was disappointed i felt that a quality striker was needed.A good midfielder to fill in for biglia when he's out and a left back as radu is a player in decline 

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 02:53:40 AM »

Sold the deadwood and brought in promising young players. Isn't it what almost everybody here wanted for years? Every single mercato we were wishing for this and now that it happen it is not good enough? Isn't that a bit hypocritical? We did not sell any of our starters. And still we invested in the future.
People expected us to sign top players to fight for CL? We could not afford. This was the only viable strategy.
I cannot be dissapointed. For me it was a good mercato. I wish we would have brought in youngsters on different positions too - a left back and a young pure striker. But for me the overall strategy is the way forward. I give Lotito and Tare an 8 for this mercato. This time the management did ok and the supporters should have patience.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 03:01:43 AM »

By the way real missed de gea and napoli missed soriano due to late documentation. I don't see too many people laughing at them.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 04:27:35 AM »

Sold the deadwood and brought in promising young players. Isn't it what almost everybody here wanted for years? Every single mercato we were wishing for this and now that it happen it is not good enough? Isn't that a bit hypocritical? We did not sell any of our starters. And still we invested in the future.
People expected us to sign top players to fight for CL? We could not afford. This was the only viable strategy.
I cannot be dissapointed. For me it was a good mercato. I wish we would have brought in youngsters on different positions too - a left back and a young pure striker. But for me the overall strategy is the way forward. I give Lotito and Tare an 8 for this mercato. This time the management did ok and the supporters should have patience.

Purely theoretical your are 100% correct Drazvan, so this could have been a realistic mercato i was hoping for.  But actually looking at the roster now position by position and knowing how Pioli plays the young players that were signed happened in way like someone already mentioned 'throwing darts and seeing were they end up'. 

Pioli favoures a 3 man central midfield with a regista central (Biglia) with a runner next to him (Parolo) and a more forward minded CM on the other side (Lulic).  This being a classic attacking 4-3-3.  We already had Cataldi & Onazi before the summer.  Imo humble opinion Cataldi is a straight sub for Lulic and Onazi for Parolo.  Cataldi having had a few good moments but clearly proving to be not ready.  Ravel was signed who also plays that certain role (probably just because the opportunity occured but without a certain tactical view).  Then most of the budget for the summer was spent on Milinkovic who plays that postion.  A totally different type but still for thesame position.  That's 4 of the current 7 CM's who theoretically play on thesame position.  Leaving no straight fitting sub for Biglia.  Out of necessity Pioli then needs to try and form Cataldi to take over, but forcing something like that on a young player most likely never works out unless it's a worldclass talent.

To me this proves decisions were made without an actual plan, therefore partially realizing this average mercato.  Other reasons are Patric as a backup, wich is fine by with me as a no risk gamble.  But with Pioli not considering Konko anymore it puts us in a real tight spot if we don't have Basta from time to time.  It's a shame things went wrong for Pereirinha, that would have given some breathing room and even our Cavandinho is gone, never tought i would write this but we might miss him this season.  A backup for both LB & RB can be very usefull.  We all know with Radu & Braafheid we are never sure of having a fit LB. 

The outgoing mercato was 90% perfect, never tought it would go like this, Konko is the only one left from a list of somewhat 10 players.  But in defence it went a little to good i think.  This would have been okay if getting a new dependable fullback or a backup CB, but now we are left with only 3 CB's who are more or less adjusted to Lazio, Hoedt isn't yet.  If Basta, De Vrij or Gentiletti should pick up a longterm injury then we are screwed. 

I'll continue in the other designated topics to elaborate.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:36:18 AM by Laziale for Life »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6