Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Rate Lazios Summer mercato 2015  (Read 3605 times)

drazvan

• LF Legend
Re: Rate Lazios Summer mercato 2015
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 07:05:02 AM »

I can't see how somebody can say that the team is weaker than last year since in truth we replaced Ledesma with morisson and milinkovic, Perea with Matri and got Hoedt - who is a great prospect (don't take my word for it - read what Pioli and Cana say about him), patric and kishna. So how can we be weaker?

You can say that we are not strong enough for CL or a serie a challenge - I think that this is what most are trying to say and with that I can partially agree. We could have done a better deal finding a better lb backup than Braafheid or sign a good quality young striker. But this team is not weaker than last season and has some great talents.

I think the problem is not with quality. Is with fitness level, motivation and tactics. If we solve this, we can have a good season.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 07:09:38 AM »

Hoedt is ready. Pioli said he is the best signing in terms of fitness and maturity. I have no doubts that he will do a better job than Mauricio and even Gentiletti. Plus he has the language advantage to play next to de Vrij.  He was a leader at az, he had great positioning and was a great ball interceptor. His only weakness was discipline. I have no doubts that he will do good.

nando

• Aquilotto
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 07:25:53 AM »

Hoedt is ready. Pioli said he is the best signing in terms of fitness and maturity. I have no doubts that he will do a better job than Mauricio and even Gentiletti. Plus he has the language advantage to play next to de Vrij.  He was a leader at az, he had great positioning and was a great ball interceptor. His only weakness was discipline. I have no doubts that he will do good.

Dont you think the best language when they on the field is italian? I think even if they spoke the same language, they still have teammates, who doesnt speak dutch or english. If they all speak italian, this will eliminate the miscomunication factor. But I dont know how it's been working all these years.. enlight me?

the fryer

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 07:38:23 AM »

each mercato is deemed as a failure..

every week ppl are chasing away ciani, cana, novaretti. now even mauricio is worse than them.. let alone hoedt.

ledesma, cavanda was said to be useless. now they are better than milinkovic.

the grass are always greener on the other side.
even those grass that u just cut.. and thrown away to the dumpster seems greener.
especially after a series of bad results.

those guys that left.. (except for ledesma and cavanda. IMO) have proven themselves during their spell at lazio. they are a FAILURE!! not that they are a bad player.. or useless.. but they failed..
these new guys that we signed.. they are here.. unproven. give them time to prove themselves.
birulangit

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 07:53:27 AM »

I don't know how we can evaluate this particular mercato, as its success is largely based on whether or not releasing about 10 players was a smart move or not. Anyone here know how much we paid them to leave, or whether they will be missed this season?

Look, we've signed 5 young players who are regarded as talents, but not regarded as being that talented. If only one of them proves to be half successful, we'll get our money back. Which is great... if we're Udinese.

But we're not. We're Lazio, and although we can't expect Lotito to be throwing money at problems, we can reasonably expect the club to try and take this team as far as possible in each window.

With our signings, and knowing the calibre of players that left, it's simply difficult to see any attempt to strengthen the team. It's as if we were happy with the eleven we had and wanted a B team we could throw out in Europa League on a Thursday night.

And that's what's disappointing, because if you approach the market in such a way, games on Sundays get tricky with a couple of injuries. As we just found out...

joschi

• Aquilotto
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 08:23:42 AM »

Well, I think this poll is made under the (very, very bad) impressions of the Chievo and Leverkusen losses.

I honestly think we did an amazing job. All of a sudden the players that left were high quality, while throughout last season pretty much all you could read about Cana or Ciani or whomever was how awful they are.
We brought in some very talented players, not complete yet, but with a lot of potential.
We kept the core together which was the most important thing to me.
We now have a team that's peppered with talent.
I don't see why we would need 5 CBs?
And actually we have them if we count Prce..isn't that what all the people always wanted to see? Some primavera talents getting more time in the first team.
We got Matri as an instant reaction to the bad injury situation upfront.
About Radu I simply don't get where all the bashing comes from. In all those discussions I never read a name who would replace him equal and whom we could afford.

I mean, if we had spent millions of $$$ for some star players and had lost to Leverkusen anyway (because that's probably what would have happened) you would say the mercato was decent?
I really hope that the guys can stick together, leave the last two games behind and get a result against Udinese.

Agent Orange

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 08:44:56 AM »

"I am okay with the deals they did" my vote, bad luck loosing Biglia and Klose against Leverkusen, they alone could have changed the facts, but that's history.

The only thing that's abit bad is the LATE signing of Matri, in hindsight we needed him in the CL quali..
Overall im happy, and i still believe Sergej M-S is someone who can dominate a midfield, it's his first month in Lazio, he hasnt started a game yet and already people say he was a bad buy, that's abit harsch, give him 6 months atleast before we make any evaluation of his start at Lazio.
Forza Lazio!

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 08:57:57 AM »

Dont you think the best language when they on the field is italian? I think even if they spoke the same language, they still have teammates, who doesnt speak dutch or english. If they all speak italian, this will eliminate the miscomunication factor. But I dont know how it's been working all these years.. enlight me?

When the shit hits the fan, the mother tongue has priority. Berisha and de vrij miscomunicated at leverkusen 's goal. Any idea why? Any plus is an advantage. 2 dutch players wil comunicate better than a dutch and an Albanian.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 09:04:07 AM »

To an extent yes, but remember they live in Italian every day, at training, when talking to coaches and other staff, on TV, on the radio, in their daily lives.

Berisha has been there a long time, De Vrij a year, I would expect them both to be more than fluent now, to the point that there are no language difficulties.
You will resort to your mother tongue in times of danger or fear, but I would expect a professional footballer to be able to tell his team mates something in their common language.

Id only expect language issues to arise between the new players from abroad, which is less of an issue for Hoedt providing he plays next to De Vrij, although we already know he has been taking lessons since January so theres a chance hes at a good level already.

Done

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 09:37:26 AM »

In general, like always, the mercato was what you pay is what you'll get. Its a positive thing that we offloaded a lot of players, that will relax our budget but still, that'll not change anything on the field.

One of the mistakes, is the money that our management invested in MS. The guy will need a lot of time to gel with the team, and for a long shot that were a lot of money. Hoedt is the best signing from my point of view.
The worst is that we didnt took LB and fifth central defender.
4 from 1/10.
- strength, pride, discipline -
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6