Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Rate Lazios Summer mercato 2015  (Read 3908 times)

drazvan

• LF Legend
Re: Rate Lazios Summer mercato 2015
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 09:47:53 AM »

To an extent yes, but remember they live in Italian every day, at training, when talking to coaches and other staff, on TV, on the radio, in their daily lives.

Berisha has been there a long time, De Vrij a year, I would expect them both to be more than fluent now, to the point that there are no language difficulties.
You will resort to your mother tongue in times of danger or fear, but I would expect a professional footballer to be able to tell his team mates something in their common language.

Id only expect language issues to arise between the new players from abroad, which is less of an issue for Hoedt providing he plays next to De Vrij, although we already know he has been taking lessons since January so theres a chance hes at a good level already.

I agree but still players who speak the same language will adapt faster and help each other better. It's just a normal fact of life. Imagine that you are working in a foreign country and suddenly you get a new colleague from your own country. It is just normal that you can communicate with him faster help him adapt adjust etc.

Anyhow that was just a small argument in Hoedt 's favor. Not saying that it is decisive but it is an advantage. I am absolutely sure that tare had this in mind when he signed Hoedt and offered Braafheid an extension.

But Hoedt has many more advantages and you will see them when he will play.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 09:49:52 AM »

I'm okay and I'm with draz in this :beer:

Agent Orange

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 10:30:05 AM »

Yes but isnt it abit early to say Sergej M-S was a bad investment? Maybe he will blow our minds given the time it takes to adjust. Of course a LB and a attacker should have been signed, but we dont got to much money, and tbh the group is intact, we had the worst possible start but we have to look forward, not backwards..

Let's just hope Biglia and Klose returns, then we got an great squad, that should be a top 6 team atleast, i guess everyone will be pissed of if we dont make it to 2-3 place this season.

I am glad that the club is breathing, remember some years ago things were REALLY bad. So always before a season starts i say to my friends and other who asks what is your thoughts about La Lazio this season, i say, i am happy we excist and that we dont end up with the 3 teams that gets relegated. This is my view really.
Forza Lazio!

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 10:34:08 AM »

Strangely, the entire mercato will depend on the form of the backbone of the players we had last year.

So, if they click and we have a good season - the mercato will be a success, no doubt about that.
And if they don`t click, then this meracto will be a disaster as it will be said that the teams has not done enough to further strengthen the team.

Before the vote, one has to take into account what Tare said even before the mercato started: it will be difficult to improve on this team. This means that he had very limited funds to work with and the only solution to add something was to release as much players as possible (read: their salaries) and then work with 10-12 millions left, which is a peanuts of what Juve, MIlan, Inter, roma, Napoli have spent.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Nass

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2015, 10:49:56 AM »

I voted for awful, I can't say I'm dissapointed because I've repeatedly expected our downfall since spring and kind of saw these things coming ever since the winter mercato and the games we just gave up on CL when stoped fighting for second place, all signals were very clear that we are not ready yet and that the board are happy with mediocracy.

If you want to send signals to your society that your goal is CL you just don't secure players like Patric, Morrison and Hoedt taking up three important spots in the squad. I was nagging about our lack of ambition already back then but being a fan I was so hoping and supporting until the end when the team went on to break our hearts and I must admit I'm not over it yet and I don't think anyone really is therefore the result in Verona.

However, this summermercato was a disaster already in winter when those three youngsters were secured, then you knew others had to be sent away. If I knew it would have come to this I so much would rather had "deadwood" remaining since I don't believe the new aquisitions are of better level. Matri is the only highlight of this mercato for me, the Mauri saga just confirmed our lack of strategy or directions IMO. The fisrt game I ever saw Kishna he surprised me though and he could be something, but we already had that spot covered and for some millions more and at same salary I would have hoped for Gashi.

If the club ever had ambitions to be a CL team then I would have wanted names like Matip (schalke) for CB, Adriano (barca) for LB, Gashi (basel) for attack and yeah why not Matri upfront. I also would have added Caldirola to challenge and absolutely kept Ledesma and Tata. But we sent away all our backup centerbacks and replaced them with Hoedt who really didn't have so much time to prove that he could be a starter at CL level. We sent away Ederson, who was not bad at all, only too much injuries and not given proper chance and replaced him with Ravel. We were to send away Mauri and replace him with Kishna and even if he came back he missed the pre-season and needs so much more time to find back.

I'd say this mercato was a disaster

Niv Mizzet

• Aquilotto
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2015, 11:22:57 AM »

I am ok with the mercato..

Considering the money available vs in-out player, yes I can live with this mercato.

In other way around, I'm dissapointed with the Leverkusen and Chievo game, but to deemed the mercato is failed, it's too premature..

We manage to offload several deadwoods and reinforcing our squad with promising youngsters..

Gave Sergej, Hoedt and others to prove themselves, then we can called it sucess or awful..

Forza Lazio!!!
The only thing I hope for is that Pioli and the players take the tournament seriously and show some desire to do good in it. This is where Lazio can do something, not in the CL.

Weninho

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2015, 11:30:07 AM »

From my point of view I won't be able to judge this mercato until 2,3 years. More pieces will come together throughout the season, but my idea of these moves is for Lazio to be strengtened long term and weakened this year compared to last - but not significally weakened.

The area for concern is the back up-position to Biglia, but I didn't expect us to find a solution there since I approve of the idea giving Cataldi a chance to fill that role long term. I've been nagging about giving players like him a chance for years now and I'm happy we finally do.

I think we're covered on LB. Radu is not the player he used to be but he's a respectable LB when in form. I've always felt Lulic is capable of playing there as well and since we've bought Milinkovic-Savic, I don't see any danger of trying that option should Radu fail. I would not have renewed with Braafheid but I understand the reasoning. He's just safety. And we have Konko as well.

Equally, I think we're covered on CB. Radu can easily play centrally if we have deep injury problems.

With Candreva, Felipe Anderson, Keita and Kishna we have one of the best set of wingers a Serie A-club in our position can have. That's nothing short of luxery. With Mauri back, we also have another dimension we lacked both against Leverkusen and Chievo. How we handled that story is on the other hand not very good...

Looking forward, I can see us adress the striker situation as our next big move. We need to buy a replacment for Klose when he decides to step down and with a signing + Djordjevic I'm comfortable. I can also see us go for a LB next season to compete with Radu and think about moving him to the middle if he continue to decline in qualities that are needed there.

What worries me the most is that I'm almost certain we have to sell one of our key players in January or next summer. I think that will be our biggest loss not qualifying for CL. I can unfortunately see Lulic leave if teams are interested, and Biglia if he wants out. Perhaps Keita.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:32:15 AM by Weninho »

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2015, 11:47:16 AM »

First of all you need separate two phases of this mercato=project: the actual strategy behind the mercato and then how the strategy was executed. These are two important things to notice. We, fans, think we need this and that, like for example what Cathal wrote earlier in his article. If the Lazio want to take a step further, then we needed a new goalkeeper, a new striker, a new left back and what not. However, Lotito and Tare had completely different plans. So now think carefully, is it that you are disagreeing with the actual strategy and that's why think our mercato sucked? Or do you actually think our mercato sucked because we couldn't follow the strategy we had?

In my opinion the strategy was actually not what I nor other fans wanted, but it's not an awful strategy. It should lead us to the same direction which I and probably most other fans want, Lazio to get better and go forward. So personally the strategy behind the mercato was actually the weakest link of the whole mercato. But the actual executing of the strategy is very well done. There might be reasons why the strategy is so much different than what we fans want. Most probably it's the money. You just can't buy a world class attacker with the limited money Lazio have and then think we could reinforce other positions as well. Lotito and Tare thought Klose is still good enough and Djordjevic is good enough. Well they didn't think both would be injured and then Matri came in. In the end we are probably better in attacking department than we were last season. The left-back position is questionable. Ever since Kolarov left we have been nagging about it. But on his day Radu is a great left-back. I have no doubts Radu will get better again, he is not finished yet. Then Lotito and Tare probably thought Braafheid is good enough, well in some sense he is. It's hard to find a better sub for the same money.

Also I agree with Joschi, this poll is heavily affected by our last two results. If I would have asked the same question a month ago, I'm sure people would be more optimistic and happy, mostly. In the end we have all important players still here and added some affordable players in the mix in the positions where Lotito and Tare saw problems. Lotito and Tare identified that our main problem was we need a new skillful dynamic midfielder, then they identified that M-S is the player who could solve our problem, then they got him. It's hard to arque with that, when Lulic got injured we had problems, serious problems. Anderson's form just masked it.

To be honest, Amir got it right, it's our backbone which isn't working at the moment, the players who we really need to perform: Parolo, de Vrij for starters and then the injuries of Biglia, Klose, Drjodjevic even Marchetti. Why blame our newcomers when Parolo has been utter shit the whole season? Why blame Radu, when de Vrij makes mistakes he didn't do before? Why blame not bying a decent attacker when Anderson and Candreva have been mediocre and can't produce any goals?

In the end, I think our mercato was "ok". It wasn't what I expected but so rarely things happen like I expect. This time we actually got all the players we wanted and didn't miss our targets like we did with Honda and then had to take last possible option in Candreva, when we missed Yilmaz, when we first missed Anderson. No, this time we got what we wanted early and even Matri which is a bonus. Then we actually sold/let go most of our deadwood. A problem we have had for years! People always think mercatos in, but not mercatos out. I get it, new players make you exited but you have to sell as well. We can't always buy and buy and then freeze out players we don't want and leave problems to our coaches when they try to cope with 30 players who all want to play and be happy.

This mercato has been above average.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2015, 01:13:49 PM »

I'm okay and I'm with draz in this :beer:

From Mercato Point of view me too!

Sure, we should really start our search for left back when Radu and Braafheid Show they are not up to the Task! But that has to be proven not just witch hunt on every mistake they do (and a DV and a Basta and so on - who aren't handled this way then).

M-S has the potential from Football Point of view and the ability from physical Point of view to become a leader CM/DM in Serie A - whether we can unleash that Talent or not is different Story... But he like the other jewels signed to a complete squad raised our bench Quality and therefor our squad.

IF we Play bad These day, it is NOT because of the mercato! Not even close! It is because of preparation, tactical and mental Approach!  :twinkle:
Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2015, 01:25:39 PM »

Spot on, Cnon :bravo:
Don't hate the player, hate the game!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6