Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Rate Lazios Summer mercato 2015  (Read 3603 times)

Cnon

• LF Legend
Re: Rate Lazios Summer mercato 2015
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2015, 12:35:31 PM »

It's funny, people blaming the mercato. But it's almost impossible to buy better players than we had last season. I mean Parolo has been awful! If I'd have said last summer that we need to sell Parolo and buy better midfielder, you would have been laughing at me. Same with Anderson, people thought he is the new Messi and the best player in the world. How can you buy better player than the best player in the world? It's impossible! The reality is that Parolo is a good player who probably overperformed last season. Now that isn't performing he just another ok footballer.

Some of us did say such things. A month or so ago, people were reminding me of how I was wrong to call Parolo an ordinary football when he signed for us. A few months before that, I was pointing out we need to be patient with Anderson as his form will inevitably dip and we would need to see how he bounces back.

True. I think that even I might said something similar as well. But then on the other you said that you would sell Biglia for 8 million and keep Parolo who you know he can score 10 goals a season. :twinkle: Don't get offended as it's just a tiny joke but as it stands now Parolo won't score 10 goals and without Biglia our midfield is a disaster.

One new player to cover Radu wouldn't change a thing. One new player to cover Biglia wouldn't change a thing. The team a whole isn't working, the core of the last season isn't working, the star players of the last season aren't working. A single mercato can't fix problems as severe as those.

One change here or there wouldn't change much, no - that's the reason I didn't get behind the Matri signing - but identifying areas of concern and beginning to address them would've made a difference in the short-term at least.

Instead we created more problems by releasing every player who was on the fringe of the team to go to other clubs. It has forced us into a position where we have to put our faith in the young players we signed this summer right now.

But who would have thought that Parolo is as awful as he has been? Who would have thought that Anderson or Candreva can't show anything so far in the season even with the summer rest and proper summer training? Not me. The summer signing have actually been quite good. Kishna surprised me, M-S has shown promising things, even Hoedt has been pretty good considering his background. Onazi at the moment looks better than Parolo. Keita is our best player this season. So the new and "new" players are actually doing rather well.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2015, 12:44:32 PM »

The reasons I was unhappy with the mercato were because whilst our first 11 remained together, and is still strong, we have lower quality or at least inexperienced backups.

I feared that this would mean that with a couple of injuries to key players, these kids would need to play instead of more reliable backups like Cana for example. And thats exactly what has happened.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2015, 12:48:33 PM »

True. I think that even I might said something similar as well. But then on the other you said that you would sell Biglia for 8 million and keep Parolo who you know he can score 10 goals a season. :twinkle: Don't get offended as it's just a tiny joke but as it stands now Parolo won't score 10 goals and without Biglia our midfield is a disaster.

I'm not offended, but my argument was that Parolo is worth more to this Lazio than Biglia and so far this season, that's been the case as only one of them has been able to keep fit.

It's pure speculation that our midfield will be better with Biglia. It's merely a hypothesis.

But who would have thought that Parolo is as awful as he has been? Who would have thought that Anderson or Candreva can't show anything so far in the season even with the summer rest and proper summer training? Not me. The summer signing have actually been quite good. Kishna surprised me, M-S has shown promising things, even Hoedt has been pretty good considering his background. Onazi at the moment looks better than Parolo. Keita is our best player this season. So the new and "new" players are actually doing rather well.

I thought Parolo would struggle because asking him to play three games a week every week is a new scenario for him and he is nearing 31 years of age. There are not too many 31 year-olds in the game who can play 270 minutes week in, week out at a high level. As he missed the Supercoppa, he was also playing catch up in terms of getting games under his belt.

Felipe Anderson struggling was the only conclusion you could come to if you watched the last 8-10 games of last season. For some reason, others came to different conclusions - I don't know why.

I haven't been impressed by Hoedt or Kishna. Milinkovic-Savic, yes, but I still think he's too rough around the edges to throw in against Napoli at the San Paolo.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2015, 12:55:46 PM »

Sergej is the only new signing who is claiming a starting spot.  Signing Ravel is a reckless gamble.  Hoedt & Kishna are fine but only as backup options, 3rd options just like Patric.

So an immediate reinforcement did not arrive, pure and simple ...

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2015, 01:17:17 PM »

I always thought we had a terrible mercato this year, well at least not suitable considering the purposes. Had we finished like 10th I would be happy with youngsters going through transition season. growing and fulfilling their potential.
On the verge of CL qualification we signed 0 players who can step in our starting 11, the only reasonable signing was Matri to me. I don't want to blame Pioli since we have more duties and a weaker team.

Strategist

• Aquilotto
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2015, 08:11:52 PM »

The 2015 would've been good for a low-maintenance team like Sassuolo or Bologna.
For an ambitious team it was laughable.
Esistono due modi per tornare dal campo di battaglia: con la testa del nemico, o senza la propria.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]