Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Rate Lazios Summer mercato 2015  (Read 4032 times)

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Rate Lazios Summer mercato 2015
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2015, 03:51:30 PM »

Yea so that is why I am tired of hearing about us having no money...the little money we had, we spent on a player that is the lowest in the pecking order on the central midfield.

There's no way we should be paying 9 mill euros for players that are "worse" than Cataldi and Onazi. For that money we should be buying someone who comes in to make a difference from day 1.

And yes I know the counter to this is to bring up Felipe and saying it took him time to learn to play. In my opinion it's two very different scenarios..This summer we really couldn't afford betting all our funds on a youngsters who showed even less than Felipe did in Brazil...

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2015, 04:19:54 PM »

I voted for seconded option as we have got rid of the deadwood what have been waiting for awhile now and brought younger players to work towards the future,only things are the LB  where I wouldn't have renewed braafields contract and given radu 1-2 contract not 5 and brought in another LB maybe younger.

Would have been nice to have a vice for bigila hopefully catalog or M-S could fill his role see what happens,with matri in im sure he get goals this season

Congratulations! You just won the misspelling player names award of the year! :razz:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:33:00 PM by Cnon »
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2015, 04:24:45 PM »

Yea so that is why I am tired of hearing about us having no money...the little money we had, we spent on a player that is the lowest in the pecking order on the central midfield.

There's no way we should be paying 9 mill euros for players that are "worse" than Cataldi and Onazi. For that money we should be buying someone who comes in to make a difference from day 1.

And yes I know the counter to this is to bring up Felipe and saying it took him time to learn to play. In my opinion it's two very different scenarios..This summer we really couldn't afford betting all our funds on a youngsters who showed even less than Felipe did in Brazil...

You do understand that M-S probably can't even talk in Italian yet (most likely). It will take few weeks to get to known to our tactics and style of play. Remember, Cataldi and Onazi have been here longer. And if you want to compare to Cataldi, sure go ahead. It took Cataldi 6 months before he got a proper chance to play. Just wait few more weeks and you will see M-S playing more. No rush to play him without knowing the tactics and the language so that you and stupid fans can abuse him when he fails. I think Anderson really loved when they whistled to him.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2015, 08:12:48 PM »

we are waaay weaker than last year and that is visible for anyone. on top of that all other team now are reinforced and we are in a shitload of trouble. on top of that, i have the feeling the loker room atmosphere is not good at all

Lazio_ade

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2015, 03:57:48 PM »

Looks like the CN Ultras voted "This was an awful mercato, we are weaker than last season."
When in Rome, do as the Laziali do.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2015, 04:11:53 PM »

Looks like the CN Ultras voted "This was an awful mercato, we are weaker than last season."

Or maybe just the 9 who actually turn up  :razz:

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2015, 10:28:47 PM »

Let's rate the mercato again, shall we.
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2015, 06:18:42 AM »

lets wait at least half season, shall we? :beer:

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2015, 12:03:31 PM »

It's funny, people blaming the mercato. But it's almost impossible to buy better players than we had last season. I mean Parolo has been awful! If I'd have said last summer that we need to sell Parolo and buy better midfielder, you would have been laughing at me. Same with Anderson, people thought he is the new Messi and the best player in the world. How can you buy better player than the best player in the world? It's impossible! The reality is that Parolo is a good player who probably overperformed last season. Now that isn't performing he just another ok footballer. One new player to cover Radu wouldn't change a thing. One new player to cover Biglia wouldn't change a thing. The team a whole isn't working, the core of the last season isn't working, the star players of the last season aren't working. A single mercato can't fix problems as severe as those.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2015, 12:14:58 PM »

It's funny, people blaming the mercato. But it's almost impossible to buy better players than we had last season. I mean Parolo has been awful! If I'd have said last summer that we need to sell Parolo and buy better midfielder, you would have been laughing at me. Same with Anderson, people thought he is the new Messi and the best player in the world. How can you buy better player than the best player in the world? It's impossible! The reality is that Parolo is a good player who probably overperformed last season. Now that isn't performing he just another ok footballer.

Some of us did say such things. A month or so ago, people were reminding me of how I was wrong to call Parolo an ordinary football when he signed for us. A few months before that, I was pointing out we need to be patient with Anderson as his form will inevitably dip and we would need to see how he bounces back.

One new player to cover Radu wouldn't change a thing. One new player to cover Biglia wouldn't change a thing. The team a whole isn't working, the core of the last season isn't working, the star players of the last season aren't working. A single mercato can't fix problems as severe as those.

One change here or there wouldn't change much, no - that's the reason I didn't get behind the Matri signing - but identifying areas of concern and beginning to address them would've made a difference in the short-term at least.

Instead we created more problems by releasing every player who was on the fringe of the team to go to other clubs. It has forced us into a position where we have to put our faith in the young players we signed this summer right now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6