Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Jorge Sampaoli - cast your vote!  (Read 3440 times)

Cnon

• LF Legend
Jorge Sampaoli - cast your vote!
« on: May 12, 2016, 02:51:27 PM »

We haven't signed him, and we might not even sign him ever, but out of curiosity I want to see the general reaction. People have different opinions and seems like in general it's more against him. But let's see what a poll would look like.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Jorge Sampaoli - cast your vote!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 02:56:25 PM »

Since we've a designated Sampaoli thread with this poll, I think it might be a nice idea to share some clips of him so people can get a sense of what he's about. As much as he's fashionable, I wouldn't bank on everybody knowing him well.

Exclusive interview with Jorge Sampaoli

FIFA FOOTBALL EXCLUSIVE: Jorge Sampaoli

Jorge Sampaoli: True or False?

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 03:13:20 PM »

Great videos, learned a lot more about him. :beer:
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 03:40:38 PM »

I just watched the videos and have to say that he looks like a good choice. He has charisma, is a modest guy and above all a fighter, and that is what we need. What worries me is that he will have a lot of pressure at Lazio and if he can deal with it, he will be able to succeed. He looks like someone who does not break under pressure, cannot know for sure of course, but my instinct tells me he can bring something new to Lazio. The language barrier is also something to consider but I guess a Spanish speaking person can learn Italian easily.

I am not sure, but I would rather see him than Prandelli.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 03:46:58 PM »

I have my doubts on the long term. I would prefer to see Simone Inzaghi continuing the work (but I dont see that as an option in the poll). In case we have already decided to hire a new coach, Sampaoli is certainly not a bad choice at least for 1-2 years.

Soem funny facts: he was apparently very close to Chelsea but while he says that he snubbed Chelsea because he was not convinced by the project, Chelsea says that they stopped the discussions after they found out that his English level was pretty poor...

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 03:54:28 PM »

I have my doubts on the long term. I would prefer to see Simone Inzaghi continuing the work (but I dont see that as an option in the poll). In case we have already decided to hire a new coach, Sampaoli is certainly not a bad choice at least for 1-2 years.

Soem funny facts: he was apparently very close to Chelsea but while he says that he snubbed Chelsea because he was not convinced by the project, Chelsea says that they stopped the discussions after they found out that his English level was pretty poor...

I would give Simone a chance too, but that seems like it is not going to happen. I would like Lippi, but that is not going to happen either. I like Simone and his energy, the aggressive attitude and the yelling at players. Non mollare mai. He is a fighter too. I don't know mate, all this manager talk is making me nervous to be honest. And agitated. It is all up to Lotito to make a good decision and we all know how that ends up sometimes...

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 04:18:22 PM »

I like Inzaghi as well but I doubt his experience. I like Sampaoli but I doubt how well he adapts to Serie A. I made the poll so that I(we) would know better the general opinion here about Sampaoli, not that if you prefer Inzaghi over Sampaoli. But even then you can choose the 3rd option where you don't like the idea (because you like Inzaghi more).

One thing that popped my mind. If Sampaoli comes here, in his shoes, my first demand would be that Biglia stays here. Both being Argentinians and Biglia being very energetic player, he would fit in Sampaoli's play like (fak, I don't know any English idioms so just gonna translate a Finnish one...) a fist to an eye.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 04:25:45 PM »

One thing that popped my mind. If Sampaoli comes here, in his shoes, my first demand would be that Biglia stays here. Both being Argentinians and Biglia being very energetic player, he would fit in Sampaoli's play like (fak, I don't know any English idioms so just gonna translate a Finnish one...) a fist to an eye.

Marcelo Diaz and Vidal was the key to that Chilean side - I guess the closest we come to matching that is Biglia and Parolo/Onazi.

His view on the game isn't that different to Pioli. Where he would have difficulty with our bunch of players is when it comes to working out the logistics of a making the 4-3-3 adaptable to a 3-4-3. You'd think Radu and Lulic would become key players if he tries to implement that, and that maybe he'd have to have a good hard look at Patric and a returning Alvaro Gonzalez.

Lazio would need to commit to the transfer market if we bring in Sampaoli. No way around that.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 04:34:25 PM »

Lazio would need to commit to the transfer market if we bring in Sampaoli. No way around that.

This is what scares me the most. What if he brings in new players, a few things go to shit and what then?

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 04:38:10 PM »

According to reports, Sampaoli has asked for 3 million per year while Lotito has started negotiations at 2 million + bonuses, and they'll end up meeting in the middle.

Surely that raises an eyebrow or two given Lotito's reputation as a cheapskate  :razz:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8