Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 390

Author Topic: Transfers and rumours 2016  (Read 169611 times)

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
Re: Transfers and rumours 2016
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 03:23:37 PM »

Rumors in Holland that RVP wants to join us and that he would be ready to reduce his salary to do so. Apparently he discussed with De Vrij, etc. The usual shit.

Look. All in all, there is a big gamble. But to be honest RVP is one of those strikers that can create goals out of nothing, is almost always fit and can be a leader. Of course paying 10 mil for him would be insane, but I don't think that we would pay that much. Fenerbahce seems to want to offload his big salary, so I doubt that we will pay more than 5-6 mil. And for that money, he can prove a good solution. I would not say no to him. Sure I would prefer Lapadula or Milik, but those seem like far fetched at the moment.

Lost his interest in football? He still managed to score more than all our strikers combined this season, so he did not lose it that much.

3 games injured in 34 this season
48 games in total, almost 3000 min
22 goals, 3 assists
Not too bad at 32.

When you say a striker from Serie B is far fetched... :wuzz:

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 03:33:52 PM »

Yeah, when half serie A is on him - he is. And he is not a Serie B, but almost a Serie A team.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 03:40:57 PM »

I'd be pretty confident RVP is our no. 1 target and Lapadula is a back-up option.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 03:44:44 PM »

I'd be pretty confident RVP is our no. 1 target and Lapadula is a back-up option.

Same here. And as I said, it makes sense on short term. I think RVP has the characteristics we look for in a striker at this moment: scores a lot, is fit, experienced (so respected) and not expensive. Age is less important as I am sure we will sign also a backup (might not be Lapadula - might be Matri or a youngster).

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 03:57:24 PM »

Won't we need two new strikers  anyhow? Unless the plan is to push Keita forward and start introducing Kishna again....
FORZA LAZIO!

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 04:03:11 PM »

Won't we need two new strikers  anyhow? Unless the plan is to push Keita forward and start introducing Kishna again....

Depends on whether we need or want Djordjevic, no? If he's sticking around, surely only the one striker.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 04:29:19 PM »

RVP have experience, we saw what Klose did until now.
 Big name, experience, proven striker.....why not ?
 Djordjevic-Matri-Kishna...don't locks promising

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2016, 05:04:53 PM »

Why don't we bring Rivaldo or Romario? I mean, if RVP is a great option with 33 years...hyped up player...

Yeah, he scored a couple of stunning goals in his career, but so has Osvaldo...wasting money on RVP is stupid, he isn't worth 10 millions that's for sure, I'd give 3 millions tops, and if Fener is so eager to sell him they won't mind. Plus, for the money given to Fener and RVP wages we could get Lapadula, and if he makes a boom in Serie A we can get at least double when we sell him.

And what is this story about him being a champion, a legend? He's won 5 trophies in his whole career, it's not like he's Ibrahimovic or Messi! Won a Premier league once, a couple of English cups...wow, that's spectacular!

Skenderbeu

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »

knowing Lotitos personality I wouldn't be surprised if he would sign Van Persie in a heartbeat, even spening 10 mill on the transfer and a wages of 2.5/3 mill euros....that boosts his ego because he can sign a player who still has a big name...disregarding the fact that it would be a worthless transfer for us.  Latest news that we offered 10 mill euros..2 installments....lol imagine that, paying 10 mill euros for a 33 year old injury prone player.

Regarding the lack of a new coach, I am not sure how much it matters right now because I assume the players are away on  holiday. But if this shit isn't sorted in the next couple of weeks then I will lose hope for next season really quickly.

Lotito needs to be more decisive instead of tumbling around in the dark, he isn't inspiring a lot of confidence in his abilities as a president.

You are now a days dropping bombs often with your comments. :supsmile: I agree mostly with everything you write but even you say "Ok, 3 M Euros and not one more cent" and you write that because you feel he will contribute with goals in our jersey. He is not a legend as you write but he is a well known and respected forward. He still has some years left, his CV tell us that.

As Serbo writes - we should buy a player like Lapadula because his career is just starting and not in the end like RVPs. I hope Tare and Lotta does what's right.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:38:04 PM by Skenderbeu »

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2016, 05:57:32 PM »

I think there are pros and cons to both RVP and Lapadula. I've been hot on Lapadula in the past and cold on RVP, but if they are going to cost us the same amount of money over a 3-4 year period, I think it's a tough call.

RVP has scored goals in Turkey and he's stayed fit by and large. Serie A isn't as intensive as the Premier League and wing-forwards tend to excel in Italy. If RVP came here in the correct frame of mind and in tip top physical shape, I don't think 20 goals in a league campaign is beyond him. I think it's a gamble and I wouldn't endorse paying a lot of money for him, but if available on the cheap, I can see the value in it. The other big plus is that RVP might just keep de Vrij around for a few seasons longer than he otherwise would.

As for Lapadula, he's someone on the way up, and when you've a team with a lot of young talents, and a lot of experienced players whose best days are behind them, he has the potential to be the kick up the backside this team badly needs. If we sign him, we need to put our faith in him. We would need to throw him in the deep end and see if he sinks or swim. We would need to use his momentum and be realistic - he might not score more than 5-10 goals in his first season, but he has scope for improvement.

So if those two are our genuine targets, I don't think we're making a huge mistake. I created a topic two years ago where I argued signing Djordjevic would prove to be a mistake because he would hinder Perea and Tounkara's development and would ultimately fall short of the required standard. I'd stand by that, and I think most people would now agree. We've already made mistakes in this department, which is why we find ourselves in this situation. I'm not worried.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 390