Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47

Author Topic: Tactics Discussion  (Read 16257 times)

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Tactics Discussion
« on: July 06, 2016, 09:34:37 PM »

Now that we seemingly have a new coach I thought it was time we start discussing tactics for the upcoming season.

Firstly, can we get some clarification on what sort of tactic Bielsa prefers to use? I am curious if he's one of those coaches who uses the same formation regardless of what team he is coaching or if he can adapt to changes.

I do remember reading that he prefers to to use a 3 man defence and wingbacks..and after doing some research I found this to be his most consistent formation, but again I might be wrong:

With that in mind, maybe this is what we're going with?

http://sharemytactics.com/69446/
 Not sure why I can't upload a photo directly, what an annoying website. anyone click on the link and you see the formation I made.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:48:32 AM by Cathal »
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Cataldi4thewin

• Aquila Senior
Re: Tactics Discussion: 2016/2017
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 09:58:11 PM »

So you got Lulic Milinkovic-Savic Cataldi Onazi on the bench who are all belly aching to have strong consistent seasons for themselves. With 2 centre mids deployed in the 11, it is not going to be keep them satisfied. I ponder about his formation and if it can be done. Thank you for not putting Djordevic in. Don't know how he made it professional.
Lazio need more Romans

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 10:18:57 PM »

I can't quite figure out where and how Onazi, Sergej and Cataldi fit in this tactic to be honest.

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 10:21:57 PM »

So you got Lulic Milinkovic-Savic Cataldi Onazi on the bench who are all belly aching to have strong consistent seasons for themselves.

One of them needs to be sold, I'd like it to be Onazi. Hopefully Cataldi will show his qualities this season, not like last one when he was mediocre...Lulic should have almost a certain place in the new tactics, Milinkovic Savic is physically adaptable to Bielsa but how he's going to use him I don't know...

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 10:22:35 PM »

Onazi instead of Parolo, or Biglia on Mauricio's place, with Onazi dropping where Biglia is. Lulic left side and biggest question mark - stiker.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 10:27:09 PM »

Yeah maybe Biglia ends up as a CB and then Onazi and Sergej can fight for the DM position, but again not entirely sure how this is going to plan out...

Versatility is really good, but only when the players can actually deliver in whatever role they are expected to adapt to. For example: Onazi as an AM in a 3-3-3-1? No way in hell..we want to score goals right?

I am not entirely sure 3-3-3-1 can even work with this team. We have no playmaker and I am worried about creating chances.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 10:33:49 PM »

I am not entirely sure 3-3-3-1 can even work with this team. We have no playmaker and I am worried about creating chances.

We still have Anderson who wasn't tested many times on playmaker role, but truly speaking, in this system we don't need old-fashioned trequartista. We need box-to-box midfielder, with attacking mentality - attacking midfielder. Candreva would even suite that role, but I guess that Anderson has more sheer talent and flair which can be of use against tight defenses.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 12:25:46 AM »

People tend to pinpoint that 3-3-1-3 when it comes to Bielsa.  His most used formation over his career has been the 4-2-3-1.  He adjusts mostly to his roster and to the opponent depending how many strikers they use.

When he faces a pure 2 striker formation, he'll probably be switching to a 3 man backline or at least a formation that easily shifts into a 3 man backline.  In Spain he face more opponents with 1 striker so Bilbao's most used was a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, facing 2 strikers it was a 3-3-1-3.

In France he also faced more 1 striker formation as Marseille's most used was 4-2-3-1 and when necessary a 3-4-3 in diamond formation. 

With both Marseille & Bilbao the 3 man backline did not have a defensive midfielder dropping back like people also pinpoint after he did that with Chile (Medel).  On the contrary with Marseille in a 3-4-3 he put on 4 CB's with 1 playing as DM.

So Bielsa is capable of let's say for example putting Radu on as a DM and putting Biglia behind the 3 attackers as te playmaker.  Just to say.

What i'm very sure of is that Bielsa at Lazio in the Serie A will surely attempt at least 2 different balanced and worked out formations.  A 3 man backline and a 4 man backline.

What does worry me is that there's no sight (for now) from a new LB arriving.  Adriano is probably out of the question now so that would lean to a steady 3 man backline.  I don't see Bielsa using Radu as an LB at preference.

117bono117

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 04:25:49 AM »

i dont think we should be discussing tactics already.
at least not before the preseason commence.

let us take a moment and enjoy the fact that: we have a manager with a decent CV for the first time under lotito.... HALLELUJAH !!!  :whistle: :sciarpa05: :beer:
SS LAZIO: A BATTLE OF PRIDE!!

torsten

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 06:26:26 AM »

I would want something like this..

Parolo used as in the national team. Biglia as a stand-in CB when attacked and a DM when in possesion.

And perhaps a new striker instead of Djordjevic.
Alessandro Nesta, Fernando Couto, Stefano Fiore, Tommaso Rocchi, Stefano Mauri, Giuseppe Biava, Federico Marchetti, Danilo Cataldi, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Simone Inzaghi, Ciro Immobile
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47