Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41

Author Topic: Tactics Discussion  (Read 13369 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Tactics Discussion: 2016/2017
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 09:22:40 AM »

Couple of observations.

It was claimed Gentiletti and Bisevac would be pushed out by the club, but while Bisevac's agent has made it clear the club want rid of him, Gentiletti has arrived for a medical this morning. So where Mauricio is in those line-ups could be Gentiletti's role.

Furthermore, Onazi spoke last night as if there's no question of him moving elsewhere. As we know Onazi was looking to leave to get more game time, I'd maybe see that as an indication that Bielsa likes him.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 11:06:08 AM »

With both Marseille & Bilbao the 3 man backline did not have a defensive midfielder dropping back like people also pinpoint after he did that with Chile (Medel). 

Bielsa used Javi Martinez, Carlos Gurpegi and Mikel San Jose - all DMs at the time - as CBs in Bilbao. In Marseille, Morel, Fanni, Romao and N'Koulou played at CB, but all four players spent much of their career in other positions - Morel as a LB, Fanni as a RB, Romao and N'Koulou as a DM.

I'm not sure if I misunderstood you, but if he brings ideas from his other European spells to Lazio, I think we're as likely to see a backline of Biglia - Cataldi - Onazi as De Vrij - Mauricio - Gentiletti.

Personally, I think he'll struggle to get our DMs to play as CBs because I don't think they are versatile and I suspect that's why we're looking at Caio, but I'd be surprised if we don't see some experiments in the backline.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 11:33:48 AM »

Are we going towards this?

AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Stefano6

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 12:00:09 PM »

With both Marseille & Bilbao the 3 man backline did not have a defensive midfielder dropping back like people also pinpoint after he did that with Chile (Medel). 

Bielsa used Javi Martinez, Carlos Gurpegi and Mikel San Jose - all DMs at the time - as CBs in Bilbao. In Marseille, Morel, Fanni, Romao and N'Koulou played at CB, but all four players spent much of their career in other positions - Morel as a LB, Fanni as a RB, Romao and N'Koulou as a DM.

I'm not sure if I misunderstood you, but if he brings ideas from his other European spells to Lazio, I think we're as likely to see a backline of Biglia - Cataldi - Onazi as De Vrij - Mauricio - Gentiletti.

Personally, I think he'll struggle to get our DMs to play as CBs because I don't think they are versatile and I suspect that's why we're looking at Caio, but I'd be surprised if we don't see some experiments in the backline.

I also think that would fail spectacularly. Biglia and Cataldi are not great at tackling, winning back posession, and although the tactics might dictate that the play build up from the back, hence wanting a defensive line who can play football, its also important to realise that the last line of defense need to actually be able to defend...

IMO theres a difference between putting someone like for example Mascherano at CB, who can tackle, than putting Biglia or Cataldi there.

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 12:43:50 PM »

Cataldi won't be able to fit as a CB but Biglia as RCB in a three man defence could work great, he's got great positioning and good enough tackling to be able to handle the position.
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 12:44:02 PM »

This is going to be one big calamitous meltdown if Bielsa starts putting our midfielders in defence. Will he then put Mauricio as the hatchet man in midfield? Lulic as the left forward?
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

dinhochester

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 12:52:26 PM »

I think Biglia is one of the worst mid in term of defense.
If we can sell Biglia this summer, I say yes please.

Emko

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 01:01:11 PM »

I also think that would fail spectacularly. Biglia and Cataldi are not great at tackling, winning back posession, and although the tactics might dictate that the play build up from the back, hence wanting a defensive line who can play football, its also important to realise that the last line of defense need to actually be able to defend...

IMO theres a difference between putting someone like for example Mascherano at CB, who can tackle, than putting Biglia or Cataldi there.

I think Biglia is one of the worst mid in term of defense.
If we can sell Biglia this summer, I say yes please.

Why everybody in this forum think Biglia is not good at tackling and isn't good at defence? I never understood this...

Look at the stats from last season - Biglia is 4th at tackles in Seria A with 3 tackles per game (Alan, Gori and De Roon are only better with - 3.1, 3.3 and 3,4 tackles per game).

In 2014/2015 season Biglia is second best with 3,7 tackles per game (only Alan has more with 4,6).

In my opinion Biglia is great at wining back possesion, tackling, interceptions, controling our game in defence.

Pioli (and Inzaghi) just didn't use him as a pure DM, but gave him a high pressing role (most of the time).

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 01:16:25 PM »

Why everybody in this forum think Biglia is not good at tackling and isn't good at defence? I never understood this...

The stats you gave don't demonstrate tackling ability, but tackling frequency. By extension of the same logic, Candreva is the best crosser in Serie A, if not, world football.

Emko

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 03:12:01 PM »

The stats you gave don't demonstrate tackling ability, but tackling frequency. By extension of the same logic, Candreva is the best crosser in Serie A, if not, world football.

I gave the stats only to show Biglia's impact on our defence game.

But i think you underestimate the stats. For example - Candreva is 12th with 1,5 accurate crosses per game, but he is first with 7,1 inaccurate cross passes - more than anybody else in Seria A last season. So these stats show the things we all see in the games when Candreva cross and cross the ball all the time. So obviously the stats tells something.

And according to them Candreva is one of the worst crossers, not best crosser in Serie A.

Edit: Candreva has 213 inaccurate cross passes in total - more than anybody else in Serie A. Alejandro Gomez is second with 198. For example - in Premier League Marc Albrighton is first with 220  inaccurate cross passes (but in 38 games, Candreva has played 30 games).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 03:19:48 PM by Emko »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41