Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41

Author Topic: Tactics Discussion  (Read 13370 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Tactics Discussion: 2016/2017
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2016, 03:19:22 PM »

I gave the stats only to show Biglia's impact on our defence game.

But i think you underestimate the stats. For example - Candreva is 12th with 1,5 accurate crosses per game, but he is first with 7,1 inaccurate cross passes - more than anybody else in Seria A last season. So these stats show the things we all see in the games when Candreva cross and cross the ball all the time. So obviously the stats tells something.

And according to them Candreva is one of the worst crossers, not best crosser in Seria A.

My point was only that the stat you provided related frequency to ability. Candreva is the most frequent crosser in Serie A, but you and I both know, he's not the best.

That's why people will look at Biglia's tackling frequency and say 'yeah, but that doesn't mean he can tackle'. It's a valid point. That particular statistic doesn't show Biglia to be a good tackler, just someone who tackles a lot.

Biglia committed more tackles for Lazio last year than Mascherano did for Barcelona, but my eyes tell me Mascherano is a better tackler.

Emko

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2016, 03:24:05 PM »

I agree that it depends a lot - in Barcelona Mascherano just doesn't need to make so many tackles, because Barcelona is the team with the ball most of the time. So, yeah, you have a point.

Nevertheless, my opinion is that Biglia is a good tackler and he has done great as a DM  :beer:

But knowing Bielsa tactics, Biglia can't fit as a lone DM in his 3-3-1-3. I just can't see him playing there. Maybe Parolo (after watching him against Germany as a lone DM) or even Onazi - but Biglia is just more of a deep playmaker type, not a real anchor man.

torsten

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 03:10:02 PM »

okey so now inzaghi is our coach again. that means we will play 4-3-3 right?

marchetti
basta,de vrij,gentiletti,adriano?
parolo,biglia,lulic
anderson,djordjevic,keita

berisha
patric,mauricio,hoedt,radu
onazi,cataldi,sms
oikonomidis,palombi,kishna

i really think that we have HUGE potential in the team. hopefully inzaghi has the guts to play a lot of youngsters this year. its clear that we need a new striker,one who really can deliver in the box. i'd started thinking of a swede called marcus berg, he's been a top striker in greece for a great couple of years now, doubt he be worse than matri and djordje was last year. would probably go for around 7-10M(?).

about replacing candreva, i know this isn't FM, but, i'm not sure if i would, we MUST start giving our own product some serie a time, let kishna and oikonomidis be the back up, i'd be really disappointed if we send away oikonomidis once more.

i feel like this season inzaghi has NOTHING to loose, the fans should be behind him, and i were him i would really let the youngsters take place, don't ask tare for many new players, and maybe letting mattia or someone up as one of the needed two CB. if it is disastrous then buy a new CB in january. don't know why we always has to look for other young players (think barba for example) when we have players like mattia,murgia,crecco,palombi,guerrieri.. i mean what do we have to loose?
Alessandro Nesta, Fernando Couto, Stefano Fiore, Tommaso Rocchi, Stefano Mauri, Giuseppe Biava, Federico Marchetti, Danilo Cataldi, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Simone Inzaghi

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2016, 11:39:28 PM »

For the next match I'd like to see a different approach then 3-4-3.

I'd like for us Inzaghi to give either Sergej or Leitner the chance from start in next match so we can see if they are ready at this point or not..or at least get some idea about what they can bring to the team right now.

Personally, I'd prefer we move away from this stupid approach with wide wingers and go with a more narrow approach instead and put more focus on getting the second strikers/wingers in the box instead of having wingers on each side hugging the sideline and having Immobile fighting against 2-3 central defenders on his own.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2016, 07:20:21 AM »

Cerci is not a lazio player....
FORZA LAZIO!

dinhochester

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2016, 07:27:00 AM »

Cerci is not a lazio player....
Soon he will be, he is spotted at the airport in Rome.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2016, 01:30:32 AM »

I dont want to see team whithout Lulic in field.
 Lets see how will Inzaghi handle this situation. No European matches for using more players.
 Rotation is a must.
 But I hope that we will not start with 3CD in matches like vs Chievi.
 Also I hope that FA will not have defensive duty's.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2016, 03:18:19 AM »

Since Tare was after Ntep, Grosicki, Dirar, etc ..... and finally signed Luis Alberto i can hardly presume it was intentional to sign a trequartista instead of a winger.

I've been looking at every formation he was placed in at Malaga, Deportivo, Barca B and it variated from false 9, 2nd striker, leftwinger & rightwinger.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a good first season half at Deportivo they concluded Luis was very good as a 2nd striker, always looking for the trough pass and picking an optimal position in the play.

Negative side was that in the 2nd season half he wasn't fysically up to go over 60min anymore, also injuries started occuring.

Liverpool concluded that he clearly has enough talent to be at Liverpool but his lesser fysical abilities would surely keep him back.  Then they decided to finally sell him - ....... to Lazio.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It maybe to early to assume this but i don't think this player can deliver the work on the wings here like Felipe or Keita does.  Positionwise he's clearly a Mauri type of player to give it a name, so i smell a forced formation change or at least a tactical change coming up for Inzaghi whenever he will play.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 03:26:17 AM by Evesto »

dinhochester

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2016, 07:33:11 AM »

I hope that we can switch to 2 striker formation or at least 1 striker and 1 false nine in front.
From Gladbach, Atalanta, and Juventus match, it is clear that we lack creativity in front.
I hope that Sergej or Luis Alberto can be that false nine.
Ciro clearly need support in front.
And I saw Felipe did some crosses in Juve match and we lack people in the box.
4-3-3 really drain our winger stamina, because they cover a lot in defense and attack.
Hopefully in 4-4-2 our winger can cover less especially in attack and save their stamina.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2016, 05:12:19 PM »

I'll post this here, seems like the most relevant topic. Anderson was interviewed on LazioStyle Channel. Here's some of what he said.

He says Wallace is learning a lot tactically and that Bastos is a great player, a fighter, who will offer a lot to this team. Perhaps we can take it from that that Wallace is a bit behind Bastos in terms of suitability to Italian football.

Anderson said he believes he will have less tactical freedom with Inzaghi - Pioli allowed him and Candreva to swap positions if they wanted to, Inzaghi sees Anderson more as a right winger.

Anderson said he was instructed to support Immobile against Juventus and play one-twos with Immobile and Parolo. He says the defenders and midfielders supported them going forward, but that the team needs to find an understanding and him in particular with Immobile. He says the goals will come when that clicks.

When asked about Lombardi, interestingly, his comment was that Lombardi will execute exactly what the manager asks.

All in all, Anderson was very enthusiastic about this season, saying he thinks the team is strong and the season will be 'amazing'. Regarding himself, he says when he loses confidence, he feels the need to prove himself but his teammates have told him to relax so he's going to be calmer this season as he believes the manager trusts in him.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41