Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48

Author Topic: Tactics Discussion  (Read 20219 times)

dinhochester

• LF Legend
Re: Tactics Discussion
« Reply #460 on: September 07, 2017, 04:17:04 AM »

The chance that Jordao and Neto become starters while Basta is still playing here is more unlikely then winning the lottery twice in one week ...
Let see I guess.
With his price tag, at least Neto should be starter in this Lazio team already I think.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #461 on: December 18, 2017, 12:42:08 PM »

Yesterday, almost of our problems came from sides and whenever Atalanta pushed harder through Gomez and Spinazzola my breath stopped. Right side is bigger issue because Marusic is not enough of full back (and Inzaghi and Tare probably know that). Marusic may play with one of Basta or Patric behind, but if leave Bastos or Wallace to cover wings we will witness more nights like yesterdays. In three men defense when you have tecnical opponet like Gomez on left, one of Basta and Patric as right central wouldn't be bad. In waiting for Caceres.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #462 on: December 18, 2017, 01:24:54 PM »

The chance that Jordao and Neto become starters while Basta is still playing here is more unlikely then winning the lottery twice in one week ...
Let see I guess.
With his price tag, at least Neto should be starter in this Lazio team already I think.

People need to stop with this, im sorry I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is getting worse than the calls for Ravel every week.
Dinochester, this isnt directed at you (besides we all know about your fantasy lineups every week!) but in general...

I honestly dont understand people calling for these kids to start, based purely on the fact that they (apparently) cost a lot of money - in a deal which im 99% sure will turn out to be payments for other services, and not for the players themselves.

Its been said before, but look at the facts. Both players about 90 minutes of football combined. And not top flight football, Braga B, about on level with our Primavera.

Ignore the price tag for a second - if we had some Italian kid, from another teams primavera, but he had only played one game, would you all be calling for him in the starting line up in Serie A? I sincerely hope not.

Inzaghi sees them every day. They will play when he thinks they are ready. Or who would you take out to put on of them in?
SMS? No cos he is the forum favourite.
Parolo? Maybe cos according to you all hes finished.
Lulic? Likewise
Leiva? I truly hope not.

What happens then when said 16 year old kid makes a mistake in Serie A that costs us 3 points? He gets crucified and suddenly Inzaghi is stupid for putting in someone so inexperienced.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:28:15 PM by Stefano6 »

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #463 on: December 18, 2017, 02:19:51 PM »

Those calling for the Portuguese kids to play should maybe look at Luis Alberto to allay their own fears. He wasn't up to it last year, despite spending the previous season at Deportivo and being one of their star players. A year to adapt physically, mentally, tactically and culturally has done him the world of good.

Pedro Neto and Jordao are years younger and so we might take the same approach and get similar results. It might even take much longer, but there's no rush.

The fact they are on the bench probably creates an expectation - that's certainly made me think they could get minutes here or there - but there's no panic.

Timing is vital. You want these kids to play when the pressure is off. You're looking for a game that is 3-0 or 4-0 with 10-15 minutes left. Vitesse and Zulte were great opportunities as we had nothing to lose but they weren't eligible. Had we not conceded against Cittadella, I think we'd have seen one of them.

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #464 on: December 18, 2017, 05:05:08 PM »

A good point here by Stefano and Cathal. Obviously these kids are not up to the task and cannot justify their price tag at the moment. I personally doubt that they ever would. But anyway the price tag itself shouldn't be the reason we're fielding them and throwing them + Lazio into disaster. The money spent is lost cost and we need to try our best to develop them instead of expecting more than they can give.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #465 on: December 18, 2017, 05:15:21 PM »

Yesterday, almost of our problems came from sides and whenever Atalanta pushed harder through Gomez and Spinazzola my breath stopped. Right side is bigger issue because Marusic is not enough of full back (and Inzaghi and Tare probably know that). Marusic may play with one of Basta or Patric behind, but if leave Bastos or Wallace to cover wings we will witness more nights like yesterdays. In three men defense when you have tecnical opponet like Gomez on left, one of Basta and Patric as right central wouldn't be bad. In waiting for Caceres.

Not unexpected, one opponent after the other lays complete focus on attacking via our right side and go against Marusic and Bastos.  And it keeps on working so no surprise changes might be on the horizon.

Marusic more or less was formed as an attacking winger in 4231 formations.  On occassion became fullback in Belgium before catching Tare's eye.  We see the lack of defensive instincts weekly now in Italy.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #466 on: December 18, 2017, 07:05:15 PM »

Simone need to start with 4 men defense.
 Especially in matches where we play for 3 points.
 Felipe is back,Basta also.
 No need for Marusic in attacking duty's.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #467 on: January 09, 2018, 04:41:24 AM »

Actually among our defenders, I rate Bastos and Luiz Felipe highly.
As others have mentioned, Bastos is physically a beast, strong and fast.
Both of them also have good footballing skills like passing and dribbling the ball.
I donít see much of Caceres so I cant judge him yet but he must be very good in order to be ahead of both of them.
I feel with Caceres in, our back line is very competitive and there might be a chance that we wont miss Devrij even if he will go.
I want Luiz Felipe to be his successor. So far what I see from Luiz Felipe has been encouraging.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #468 on: January 15, 2018, 01:53:01 AM »

Our roster:
Strakosha/?
Bastos/Caceres Devrij/Wallace Radu/Luiz
Basta/Marusic Parolo/Murgia Leiva/Luis Sergej/Lulic Lulic/Lukaku
Luis/Felipe
Immobile/Caicedo

I think a sub goalkeeper is the most needed in this winter.

Our defense is very solid on paper, hope we wont concede much in the rest of the season.
We have good depth in this area and should have been our strong points. Except the goalkeeper area.
With strong defense, the team should be able to get the 3rd position, and maybe challenge for the second.
Those three at the back is very important and Inzaghi need to find the perfect mix to juggle between three competitions.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:38:56 AM by dinhochester »

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #469 on: January 15, 2018, 12:57:34 PM »

So our main priority in this mercato is someone who probably will only sit on the bench for the rest of the season? What a great idea! :bravo: :supsmile:
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
A ROMA LA LAZIO C'E SOLO LA LAZIO!!! FORZA LAZIO!!!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48