Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]

Author Topic: Tactics Discussion  (Read 33999 times)

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
Re: Tactics Discussion
« Reply #730 on: January 22, 2019, 01:19:34 PM »

LA is great playmaker,he need freedom, very good set pieces,good assists, very good when he have the ball....
 LA isn't second striker, he is slow for that position, especially in modern football with only one target man in field(he would be perfect in 90-s tactic behind the striker with two more strikers-behind them).
 LA-Correa ? One of them will be sacrifice of Wallace-Marusic (Mendes-Kezman).
 In some better future lets hope that we will have a good defenders (like DV for example) and RB like Oddo….and we will find the place for both players.
 3511 or 343,352....is the only option, this isn't mastermind tactic-WE ARE FORCED. This is SH...recovering deadwoods tactic.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #731 on: January 22, 2019, 10:12:19 PM »

LA is great playmaker,he need freedom, very good set pieces,good assists, very good when he have the

are you sure you are watching Lazio games? LA good on set pieces?  :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: he cant get a cross in from a corner to save his life.

He needs freedom? Mate, if I have freedom I will be a good playmaker too.... the good playmaker secures his freedom

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #732 on: January 27, 2019, 10:42:28 PM »

So now after dominating Juve the whole game, I hope Inzaghi sticks with both LA and Correa in our starting XI. We created many good chances against a strong defense. But more importantly, dominating the game is relieving our defense. Hence Bastos-Wallace-Radu (!!!) looked competent against the likes of CR7 and Dybala. Not like they turned into the big iron curtain, but dominating the game in this manner reduced the amount of pressure on them. And when Juve got some inevitable counter chances, our defense did well for the most part. And this while missing our by far best defender.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 11:05:38 PM by Ghost of Felipe Anderson »

Arti

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #733 on: January 27, 2019, 11:02:31 PM »

I will say it again. Correa is a beast and we need someone like him on the pitch. He can create something from nothing. I love to watch this kid in action.
Biancoazzuro nel cuore e nei colori del cielo

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #734 on: February 02, 2019, 12:07:55 PM »

Finally Inzaghi move on and field three of them :LA-SMS-Correa ....and we saw the difference.
 Sadly,Parolo been a sacrifice(not Marusic).
 With Leiva-Sergej lately performance we can do it.

Emko

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #735 on: February 09, 2019, 09:35:13 PM »

So far we aren't playing so bad and we are moving well in all competitions. But i see two big issues which i can't see how we will cope with them from now on to the end of the season.

1. We struggle to score goals.

This wouldn't be a big problem, if we would better in defence. Last year at least we didn't have problem with scoring goals, although we suck at defending. Now we are no better, but we also find it hard to score. Don't get me wrong. We were playing great two seasons in a row under Inzaghi, but in the end we didn't accomplish much. Now we aren't playing great and we aren't scoring freely, but we are in the same position - not so far away from the 4th spot, in elimination phase in EL, and 1/2 final in the Coppa. So these 1-0 wins against Frosinone and Empoli were great results, especially in the context of other team's results. But why i stil feel like something is wrong? Why i have the feeling we are missing something to be in the top 4 in the end?

Let's go back to the question - why we can't score so freely? Yes, we can always excuse this with individual's mistakes - Immobile is not in top form, SMS and Luis Alberto still struggle to find their best form, Correa - although most of the time seems lively, is not effective enough.

So what else? Maybe we became too predictalbe with our 3-5-1-1, so most of the opponents know how exactly we are going to play. And to add that our wingbacks - an important part of that 3-5-2 system - aren't working properly, too.

Maybe we can add that Luis Alberto seems like can't connect with Immobile, like they did this last year. To be honest i can't remember some key pass from Alberto to Ciro in the last games. Yes, the new position of Luis gave him a little bit of freedom and he is doing great with keeping possesion and putting pressure on the opponents.

In the mean time, i have a feeling that if we played against Frosinone/Empoli like how we played against with Juve and Inter, we would easily beat them with two or three goals. Why that didn't happen and what was the difference?

The big difference between these games was our fitness level. Which brings me to the second big problem:

2. Fatigue.

We played with great intensity, speed and pace against Inter and Juve. Especially in the first half Juve and Inter couldn't cope with our pressure and i remember how Inter had to defend a lot in the first 45 minutes and couldn't play their possesion football.

BUT, against Frosinone and Empoli we looked so, so tired, that in the end of the games most of the players couldn't even walk. I get it that we played 4 games in like 11 days, which is absolutely normal to feel tired. And kudos to the team that although that problem we collect 6 points from these games.

But i see two problems from that fatigue - 1) we can't play our game with speed counter attacks, pace passing and physical presence in the opposition's field. And 2) we started to have a lot of injuries. Immobile, Luis and now SMS are all in doubt against Sevilla because of a different muscle problems. Knowing that in the coming months we will have to play twice almost every week, i am worried how we will cope with that and will our players endure of the enormous pressure.

I really hope that Inzaghi is smart enough and won't rush Immobile, SMS and Luis if they aren't 100% ready. Yes, they are our best players and it is so hard to play without them, but i prefer to miss them in one gamе than losing them for 2-3 weeks.

What do you think about these concerns?

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #736 on: February 10, 2019, 12:47:55 AM »

Immobile is much more outside of box than in his position. This is the reason why conection with LA isnt like last season.
 The LA-SMS-Ciro action from first 15 rounds of last season is hard to repaid-the opponents are more careful.
 Tired players are our main problem for now.
 Sub players deserves more time to adapt better. Those two matches are good example.

TracyJacks

• Aquilotto
« Reply #737 on: February 19, 2019, 12:02:10 PM »

I always wonder why Inzaghi still use the bloody 352 formation. I think this is our main problem. We have quite good squad. C’mon the fact, top 5 clubs in the big leagues, always use 4 defenders. Juve, Merda, Napoli, Inter, Milan, CHECK. and then there’s Man city, Spurs, Man utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea CHECK. Barcelona, Atletico, Madrid CHECK, Dortmund, Muenchen, Leipzig, moenchengladbach CHECK. PSG, Lille, Marseille, Lyon CHECK.

The point is, they all know and aware how horrible is 3 man defender system. We dont have enough quality CB’s like Chiellini, Koulibaly, Varane, Skriniar, Thiago Silva.

Only Lazio, Atalanta, and Sevilla are still loyal to use this sick 3 defender system. And we all know, we’re not consistent.

Hopefuly, Inzaghi starts to think and trying 4 defender system.

I would love to see:

Strakosha
Romulo Ramos Acerbi Radu
Badelj/Parolo Lucas
Correa/Neto Sergej Alberto/Berisha
Immobile
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 12:26:41 PM by TracyJacks »

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #738 on: February 19, 2019, 12:36:05 PM »

It's interesting how quickly three central defenders became the fashion and just as quickly it is starting to fade.

Your formation is certainly something I had wondered about when we first signed Badelj. The extra cover from him and Lucas would strengthen midfield and cover defence. Radu and Romulo would give one defensive and one attacking fullback. The three behind Ciro would offer more creativity and threat and the extra midfield cover would allow them to get in the box more often.

There are several possible problems with this however. Are Radu and Romulo really fullbacks? Would we be severely unbalanced? Is Ramos good enough in a two, it's untested. Where is Parolo? He might be declining but is still a certain starter and favourite of Inzaghi. Do Correa, Sergei and Luis Alberto end up too narrow and get in each other's way? Does too big a gap develop between the defensive players and the front four?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 12:38:49 PM by Ed »
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]