Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]

Author Topic: Tactics Discussion  (Read 25934 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Tactics Discussion
« Reply #510 on: July 02, 2018, 03:52:42 PM »

Mine is still our old formation with Acerbi perhaps replacing De Vrij.
Berisha and Durmisi won't replace Lulic and Parolo upon arrival.
This is real life.  :twinkle:

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquilotto
« Reply #511 on: July 02, 2018, 07:03:29 PM »

Still remember the day Inzaghi switched to 3511. It was a derby and we totally caught them by surprise. At that time, our 4 man defense was bleeding goals like crazy and I think the switch to 3511 was meant to be more solid at the back, more than anything else. Isn't it quite funny that this system has turned us into the offensive powerhouse of Serie A, but we still bleed goals at the back?

Somehow Inzaghi managed to turn the main disadvantage of a back three into an exploit for us. Usually a back three, which is a back five when opponents attack, leaves holes in the "half spaces" to be exploited. These holes attract opponents to move up and play higher, which leaves Ciro with lots of space to exploit when we win the ball back. He is a great striker anyway, but giving him space is what makes him really lethal. On the flip side, playing against deeper sitting, more disciplined teams is tough for us. Often our quality with SMS, LA, FA and Ciro in attack was enough to break them down, but don't forget we lost some crucial "easy" points against weaker opposition.

I'm not biased towards towards back three over back four. But like most in here would agree, Inzaghi should continue to develop our current 3511, especially as long as we have Ciro in his prime. Find the right defensive setup with Acerbi plus another quality CB, and get more out of our wingback play which leaves much to be desired compared to other 352 teams. Marusic could improve but needs some serious competition. Durmisi can hopefully help immediately at left wingback, even if splitting time with Lulic at the beginning.

Building around Ciro is a good idea, but this season we need to have a better plan B. If everybody is healthy there isn't really much we can improve in attack, but we could still become more flexible. I'd much rather have more variations of our 3511 than just putting our best offensive players on the field in a rigid 4231 shape. We could use a 3421 variant, or go with 2 real strikers in a more classic 352. Don't want to see a scenario again where Caicedo, who I still don't think is a bad player, is thrown into the fire and expected to play Ciro's role, or playing two wingbacks that don't have creative ability or speed.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #512 on: July 02, 2018, 07:36:04 PM »

Because of the midblock setup in that 3-5-1-1 we won the Supercoppa and beat Juve in the Serie A at home later on.  Because of that formation Inzaghi is able to put a player close to Ciro wich makes him extremely dangerous.

If Wallace or Bastos would have worked out better after the start of the season or Luiz Felipe would have been integrated sooner we'd be in the CL now.  Also the lesser experience of Strakosha had a big impact on the endresult.

What the club had planned worked out, except for the impact of certain CB's and the weight on Strakosha's shoulders.

campiador

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #513 on: July 10, 2018, 08:41:51 PM »

Watching France-Belgium. France are playing with two Second Strikers, Mbappe and Griezman. I hope Inzaghi takes some time to devise a Plan B, where we can field LA and FA simultaneously.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #514 on: July 12, 2018, 04:05:34 AM »

Strakosha
            Luiz Acerbi Radu
Marusic Berisha Leiva Sergej Lulic
                   Luis
                Immobile

Proto
        Caceres Wallace Bastos
Basta Parolo Cataldi Murgia Durmisi
                  Sprocati
                  Caicedo

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #515 on: July 13, 2018, 01:45:40 AM »

Strakosha
Bastos-Acerbi-......
......Parolo-Leiva-Lulic
          ........-LA
             Ciro
Considering that SMS will not stay(Lotito would not say no to 100m +. Marusic-Radu-Wallace-Ramos are not for first team.
 Bastos instead Wallace-Ramos.
 But I would like :
 Strakosha
.....-......-Acerbi-Lulic
    Parolo-Leiva-Berisha
       ......-LA
         Ciro

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #516 on: July 13, 2018, 02:18:40 AM »

Alternative tactic