Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League 2016-17  (Read 1107 times)

Cathal

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2016-17
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 11:53:47 AM »

I'm actually surprised how low scoring the round has been so far. I thought I had a pretty poor day, a couple of players I thought about selecting scored and then I had good points on the bench, but it seems most had a real shocker.

But I do think the valuations are generally quite high this year, which I suspect will make many teams look the same.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 12:01:41 PM »

Yeah, I think if, as I expect, virtually everyone has Aguero then you can only really afford one or two more top priced players and so have to find more cheaper filler. Once some potential new Vardy or Mahrez's start to appear it might be easier to find a better balance.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2016, 11:39:31 AM »

There would have been a table by now but along with all the changes to the website the format of the table is different and looked wrong when I tried to copy it to here. Each team is spread over two lines but all squashed up to the left which makes it hard on the eye to just follow down weekly and total scores. I'll have another look but I don't want to have to edit every line each time for obvious reasons.

Kevin is top on 68, Pasi second on 63 and Scott third on 61. Aguero was predictably a popular captain choice while Coutinho was the top scoring player with two goals.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 09:52:40 AM »

There doesn't seem to be a way around the table format problem so I'm not sure what to do about it. In some of the first seasons that we played the LazioLand league I had to edit the table quite a bit to sort out column breaks and that sort of thing. It took quite a while and was a bit of a pain before even starting a small write up about the scoring. This time the table would need similar, if not more, editing because the team name is above the manager name which messes it up once transferred to plain text in the forum.

I don't know how useful it really was to you for me to post the table each week, was everybody just looking on the FF site anyway? If anyone has a solution or an opinion then feel free to let me know.

A quick reminder that Manchester United play Southampton today so you need to sort out your teams by 19:00 GMT tonight.

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2016, 12:01:29 PM »

Starting to look better, but need to get rid of that Wickham dud  :whistle:

Just hope Agero copies Zlatan yesterday and we're good.
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Silindeee

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2016, 06:25:17 PM »

Do you have problems login in at your account ?or its me only

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 09:49:30 AM »

There is not a problem logging in for me. How long have you been unable to log in?

As you will have noticed by the lack of updates, I have not found a solution to the table format issue. There have been no messages demanding a table so I assume that nobody is really missing my weekly gibbering reports. It does feel as though any discussion around the game has disappeared so far this season, which does appear to correlate with the absence of the table.

As it would take so long to reformat the full table, how about an occasional top five? This week we saw the return to form of the FPL Master who joins Martin and Scott as joint leader just a solitary point ahead of Kevin. An abundance of midfield points was key to the good scores with De Bruyne proving a very capable captain choice in Aguero's absence and Sterling also continuing to flourish for Manchester City. The highest score this week came down in thirteenth place where Dimitar managed to confound the norm by only playing one striker yet achieving the highest total with some good defensive points added to De Bruyne's huge haul. I know last season's champion would forever bear a grudge if I didn't mention him; Rick is currently just outside the top five, ten points behind another Mak-inspired team!

1 Mozzarella Normale Eivind Ytreland   75   289
2 Meranzov CF Martin Meranzov   69   289
3 Undici Leoni Scott Balaam   65   289

4 Tudengi eine Kevin T   54   288
5 Return Of The Mak Ed Gill   67   264

13 El Matagigantes Dimitar Konstantinov   77   242
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:51:59 AM by Ed »

Giosselino

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 03:16:28 PM »

I've really made a very slow beginning this season (my first full season in the League) since I've trusted too many french players. I would use wildcards to get rid of some of them. I'm glad to have Etienne Capoue in the squad. Maybe Didier Deschamps should also get interested in him too.
"Essere laziale qualcosa di speciale, diverso dalla massa. E stato l'instinto a spingermi verso i colori biancocelesti e la passione per l'aquila, un animale affascinante, regale, fiero."

Giosselino

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 06:05:24 PM »

It's a tough competition between Mozzarella Normale, Meranzov CF, Undici Leoni and Tudengi eine  :bravo:
I've noticed that they all have Ibrahimovic in their squad (I've prefered picking Vardy instead of the swede). Maybe Ibra is the key to succeed ?
"Essere laziale qualcosa di speciale, diverso dalla massa. E stato l'instinto a spingermi verso i colori biancocelesti e la passione per l'aquila, un animale affascinante, regale, fiero."

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2016, 03:09:19 PM »

I love your weekly updates Ed, they contribute to a fun game! With the difficulty in copying the table, a top 5 will do just fine!

Can't wait until your next update buddy  :whistle:
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9