Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Wallace Fortuna dos Santos  (Read 1830 times)

hamid

• LF Legend
Re: Wallace Fortuna dos Santos
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2018, 04:52:30 AM »

completely missed his action last match, sound another serious blunder, any link?

I saw it on the highlights too. Go to 1:25. Totally unbelievable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3WEde-0mcI

And I remember there were a time that "according to rumors", Real Madrid wanted to buy him from us!!!
we breathe LAZIO

Cathal

« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2018, 07:29:07 AM »

I think Wallace's performance secured Luiz Felipe's place in the starting eleven moving forward, but I would say one thing:

Wallace at least looks like he knows what to do out there even if execution is an issue. And I'd still take a player who knows how to play and makes mistakes over players who don't seem to know what is going on.

That's why Wallace is getting in the team ahead of Bastos and Caceres and why it could yet continue in my opinion.

Caceres performance in the Derby, for example, was an even worse display than what Wallace showed yesterday in my honest opinion.

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2018, 11:01:22 AM »

Wallace needs a defensive minded RWB next to him. He just can't defend all the space around him. In tight quarters, when we are sitting deep or as CB in a classic 4 men defense, Wallace would do okay.

Solutions to avoid Wallace being a liability:

1) Since we don't create anything through Marusic in attack, I wouldn't mind playing Caceres at RWB when Wallace is in there.

2) Put Badelj next to Leiva. One man isn't enough to protect a shoddy 3 men defense. Leiva is mostly in the middle where Acerbi is solid anyway. With Leiva protecting Wallace and Badelj protecting Radu, space for opponents' attacks is cut in half. Side effect of this would be less defensive responsibility for SMS.

Anyway, Luis Felipe is my favored RCB. Not only quicker but much more confident defending in space than Wallace. But the issue of too much space for opponents is more tactically than player-related.

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2018, 03:47:36 PM »

I don't think any one at RWB can prevent Wallace from making bad passes.

Everything aside, no matter how Wallace and Bastos play, let's say they play well, they're always going to make that fatal mistake once or twice during a match. Just like Rozehnal, Ciani, Cana, Gentiletti. All hopeless.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]