Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Ultras suspend boycott...  (Read 5508 times)

inhocsignovinces

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Ultras suspend boycott...
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 09:38:06 PM »

If we're in the top 5 in December I expect to see a packed house. If we're mid table, I expect to see 10,000.

We always bring a lot away so Milan should be fun regardless.
T’avemo arzato la coppa in faccia.

SSL PADRONI DI ROMA

• Aquilotto
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2016, 02:19:58 PM »

As far as I can gather, there's been a divide between different Ultras. Just wondering, who in your opinion are the 'ULTRAS' and who are the 'UŁTRA$' - the stadium-goers or those who are continuing the boycott?

Always the same people... Let's have a look at who told people, all of a sudden, to go back to the stadium, about a week (?) after the massive protest in Rome? Let me say this: when there's IRR involved, then it will be about money, business, deals,... And they'll do whatever to reach power and money, even if it means hurting the team.

I think it's not just a division between ultras by the way, it's a division between fans of all kinds and ages. The Curva Nord goers are fed up with the incoherence of their 'leaders', that's very clear now. The Curva Nord is empty. Only a couple of hundred hardcore is there, nobody else. Then all the other fans, same thing. I know many, many people who refuse to enter the stadium because of the barriers, because of Lotito, because of repression, because of shitty stadium, beause of... Everyone has their reason.

But this time around the Curva Nord is the big loser, if you ask me. The people, for once, are not listening to their demands, and that's quite special in my opinion. And people are saying it out loud. That didn't happen a lot, if ever, in the past.

SSL PADRONI DI ROMA

• Aquilotto
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2016, 02:21:08 PM »

Better be a packed house when I'm there in December or I'm gonna have a bone to pick.

I think you may be disappointed pal.

Against Juve there were as many, if not more, Juve fans than home fans. Curva Nord was completely and utterly outsang. Same against Pescara actually, their fans (big rival) were louder than ours.

I repeat: Curva Nord has gambled, and lost. I don't see how they can fix this.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2016, 02:29:05 PM »

I think it's not just a division between ultras by the way, it's a division between fans of all kinds and ages. The Curva Nord goers are fed up with the incoherence of their 'leaders', that's very clear now. The Curva Nord is empty. Only a couple of hundred hardcore is there, nobody else. Then all the other fans, same thing. I know many, many people who refuse to enter the stadium because of the barriers, because of Lotito, because of repression, because of shitty stadium, beause of... Everyone has their reason.

But this time around the Curva Nord is the big loser, if you ask me. The people, for once, are not listening to their demands, and that's quite special in my opinion. And people are saying it out loud. That didn't happen a lot, if ever, in the past.

I think we're now in agreement  :vcool:

I do think this runs a bit deeper than the Curva Nord now. I do think it's beginning to impact significantly on other sectors of the crowd. Some are now staying at home, others not.

And you know I've always thought the Curva Nord would lose the war, even if they won some battles along the way. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out but everyone is a loser for the timebeing.

Might actually be a good thing. I don't know.

SSL PADRONI DI ROMA

• Aquilotto
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 09:32:12 AM »

I think we're now in agreement  :vcool:

:what: :beer:

I do think this runs a bit deeper than the Curva Nord now. I do think it's beginning to impact significantly on other sectors of the crowd. Some are now staying at home, others not.

And you know I've always thought the Curva Nord would lose the war, even if they won some battles along the way. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out but everyone is a loser for the timebeing.

Might actually be a good thing. I don't know.

Perhaps it's to do with the times we're living in. Twenty years ago you entered the Curva Nord and you envied the leaders, you looked up to them. Their words, their actions, their movements were everything. Now there's facebook, twitter, instagram, everyone has an opinion and everyone is sharing it.

Curva Nord made a huge mistake by suddenly urging people to go back to the stadium, despite the 'war' with Lotito, despite the (protest against the) barriers. Maybe you're right, maybe this is a good thing, in the long run. Maybe this will 'clear out' the fanbase, and the Curva Nord in particular. Because for the money grabbing UŁTRA$ it's all about selling their merchandising (and other things), so the more people the better. No people = no business.

Perhaps, with time, the Curva Nord will slowly fill itself again, out of love for Lazio. Perhaps people will be fed up with not seeing their Lazio. Perhaps we'll go back to the roots: taking your son to the match, having a beer, talking football, watching the match, e basta.

Then again, maybe not. Lazio is no PSG or Real Madrid, where the ultras were banned from the stadium but the stadium was full because of the fact that they're huge clubs who win basically every match. So maybe this could go on for a long, long time? Lotito's not going anywhere, is he. And the barriers? They're staying aren't they.

For me there's only one solution now, and I have to say: you were right all along. Go back to the have funing stadium. Put on your sky blue shirt, your scarf, take your son and your friends, sing till you drop, shout and swear, enjoy the match, see your favourite players, have a beer, have another one.

+ football, passion
- business, deals, mafia

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 11:52:41 AM »

Our fans was Loud in Udine  :offlag:
 I hope that we will see the same atmosphere in Rome soon.

Agent Orange

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2016, 08:52:35 AM »

Our fans was Loud in Udine  :offlag:
 I hope that we will see the same atmosphere in Rome soon.

Yes i am agreeing with you 100% i miss the atmosphere even though i watch on TV, the only time i hear the fans is at the away games..

It's sad that our very promising team/squadra doesnt get 100% "Curva Nord at it's best" treatment, then would everyone rise and play harder, run longer and never give up ever with a FULL CURVA NORD behind them... That's just the way it is...

I am still aiming to come to Rome and watch Lazio this season, been a while, and miss some of you fellas but i want the Curva to be full, is that an illusion or can it happen anytime soon?
Forza Lazio!

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2016, 09:47:37 AM »

I think it can happen. I mean, every Lazio fan is as passionate as you, me or the next one and it must be very difficult to stay away if you're protesting. But if the team continues like they have, if Inzaghi keeps pouring Lazialita over the players and we're up there in the Top 3 I hope and believe the fans will return.

And if that happens, it's not because the fans only support the team in good times. We know for a fact it's not true but I think it's just easier to stay away if the team, manangement and everything is in turmoil. It'll be too hard to not go see Lazio play if they play great football an fight for the top spots. It's like you're on a break with your gf and she's acting like a bitch all the time, then you stay the hell away. But if she starting to be nice, looking beautiful again and smiling then you'll run back to her  :rolley:
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2016, 10:12:05 AM »

We have this kind of problems for a long time...
 But I miss the matches like vs Cesena (3-2 after 0-2/with 10 men in the field)....CN was loud and seems like we had a player more...
 Or like vs Empoli two seasons ago when we fight for CL position....

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2016, 06:10:46 PM »

This is a unique situation though. Have fans ever been so divided? The Ultras are divided which has led to a divided Curva and then everyone else is divided over the situation that has been created by the Ultras.

There's no doubt in my mind that results affects the enthusiasm of the fans, but this boycott has done some real damage. You can see with SSL PADRONI DI ROMA that the straw has broke the camel's back for some now. That's difficult to repair.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10