Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Qualification  (Read 9052 times)

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
Re: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Qualification
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2017, 10:04:11 AM »

I remember when the US, Bruce Arena specifically, called us "the weak team" before the 2006 WC.

They've literally had a path created for them to reach every tournament and were gifted World Cup hosting rights to give them a leg up because they couldn't do it alone.

Not sure there is a team I dislike more in international football, apart from maybe England.

I'll concede though that playing away games in CONCACAF is probably extremely difficult, as I'm sure Australia will find out when they go to Honduras next month.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2017, 11:16:09 AM »

South American Champs - Chile - OUT
Concacaf Champs - USA - OUT
African Champs - Cameroun - OUT

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2017, 11:28:43 AM »

Not sure there is a team I dislike more in international football, apart from maybe England.

Amen to that!

Really pleased USA are not in this tournament. Watch Trump try and nuke FIFA now... :razz:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2017, 11:44:27 AM »

Really pleased USA are not in this tournament. Watch Trump try and nuke FIFA now... :razz:

USA already 'nuked' FIFA, and now Blatter is gone, they're in bed together for the 2026 World Cup.

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2017, 12:18:42 PM »

... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2017, 01:14:45 PM »

Who are people tipping to pick up the last few places?

Not sure when the European playoffs draw is but I presume it'll be done ASAP.

Then you have Peru v NZ and Honduras v Australia.

Tunisia look like they've wrapped up qualifying. Senegal play South Africa twice. Morocco plays Ivory Coast with the winner to go through (Morocco only needs a draw).
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2017, 01:20:12 PM »

Who are people tipping to pick up the last few places?

Not sure when the European playoffs draw is but I presume it'll be done ASAP.

Then you have Peru v NZ and Honduras v Australia.

Tunisia look like they've wrapped up qualifying. Senegal play South Africa twice. Morocco plays Ivory Coast with the winner to go through (Morocco only needs a draw).

Play-off draw for European teams is next Thursday I believe. Without seeing the draw, I'd lean towards the seeds progressing; Switzerland, Italy, Croatia and Denmark. Sweden will have a chance if they avoid Italy in my opinion and the other three will be potential banana skins, but you just can't fancy them.

I'd take Peru over NZ (although something of a result for NZ to be getting Peru) and I'd probably take Australia over Honduras.

Can't see beyond Tunisia, Senegal and Ivory Coast in Africa.

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2017, 01:54:54 PM »

I watched Albania vs Italy live and must say, Italy sucks big time. They have no game plan, nothing.

Needless to say, I was focused on our Ciro and Marco. Interesting to see what they do without the ball, when the focus is elsewhere.

Parolo is quiet, never in the spotlight, but does a lot of dirty work in terms of running a lot and making himself available for a pass and unblock various situations.

Ciro always gives 100%. Always attacks the goalkeeper and defenders aggressively but never with intention of hurting anyone.

What I noticed is that, Eder was kind of hindering Ciro`s game as they were too close to one another. Ciro is better when operating as alone striker with support coming from behind or wide.

Needless to say, watching the game in the stadium gives a totally different perspective from watching the same on tv.

Candreva sucked big time and one guy from the stands called him 'Chinese-made' (made in China). I died laughing.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2017, 04:54:32 PM »

Embarrassing defending in Croatia - Greece, embarrassing refereeing in Northern Ireland - Switzerland.

Setting the tone for Sweden - Italy and Denmark - Ireland  :supsmile:

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2017, 06:06:31 PM »

I'm gonna enjoy tonight's match with a cold beer
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35