Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Qualification  (Read 9425 times)

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Qualification
« Reply #340 on: December 01, 2017, 06:26:19 PM »

Brasil, Switzerland and Costa Rica are my lucky guess for Serbia.

Too lucky?  :supsmile:

And you wrote them in the same order that they are listed in the group  :what:

What was the logic? I've got to know where that came from!

There wasn't much logic, really. That day I saw pots and imagined some combination but anything bar Brasil were sheer luck.  :supsmile: Brasil I expected. Brasil will be now on fifth match against Serbia at World Cups and that's our record in number of confrontation (given that Serbia is considered as successor of all Yugoslavia teams). Another reason is that old Yugoslavian teams were called "Brasilians of Europe" and wouldn't be bad to reincarnate some sentiments from past. With Brasil in first pot, I then went sure that another European team will come from second pot (more than third). In third we had Denmark that we played in earlier qualification for Euro and simply didn't strike to me that group would consist from two European nations from third and fourth pot. Would be too much.

Then, Switzerland as manager (not to mention team) has one ex-Yugoslavia bounded man in Petkovic and that may add extra spice to duel. Finally, Costa Rica would be another american team that would balance forces in group with two-two.

It hasn't been use of logic much, but sheer feeling.  :supsmile:
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #341 on: December 01, 2017, 11:45:07 PM »

That is insane Djordje haha.

Good draw for Australia considering we would have found any group with two heavyweights impossible.
Peru and Denmark are both possible to get results against on our day so we'll have better chances to progress than in 2010 and 2014 ironically, given our team is weaker.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #342 on: December 02, 2017, 10:55:09 AM »

Portugal - Spain - Iran - Morocco

I like the group! It's nice to play against two world class teams. It seems a very difficult group, but we will have one of the best coaches in the tournament; Carlos Queiroz.

The only thing that I don't like about the group is that I have to see Red jersey in every game!

In the WC 2014, Onzai, Biglia and Lulic all played against Iran (Lulic sat on the bench of course), and this time, it's Luis Alberto and Nani! :laziostend:

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:59:29 AM by hamid »
we breathe LAZIO

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #343 on: December 02, 2017, 12:34:29 PM »

Portugal - Spain - Iran - Morocco

I like the group! It's nice to play against two world class teams. It seems a very difficult group, but we will have one of the best coaches in the tournament; Carlos Queiroz.

The only thing that I don't like about the group is that I have to see Red jersey in every game!

In the WC 2014, Onzai, Biglia and Lulic all played against Iran (Lulic sat on the bench of course), and this time, it's Luis Alberto and Nani! :laziostend:

It's a shame Asia's best team got the impossible group while Asia's scumbags Saudi Arabia got, not only the group of life, but the opening game FFS!

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #344 on: December 02, 2017, 04:46:25 PM »

Nice group for Russia, not fixed at all  :ohnoo:

Solid group for Serbia. First game with Costa Rica and then against Switzerland. The last game of the group with Brazil who always played badly against us.

Milinkovic Savic will hopefully have a spot in the first team and if so his price will build up.

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #345 on: December 05, 2017, 11:54:40 AM »

Jurgen Klinsmann reportedly trying to get himself in contention for the Australia job.

Early names being thrown forward are lazioserbia's favourite Slavoljub Muslin and... our Sven!

Personally I'd rather an Australian coach that knows the players than a B-grade European coach looking for easy and quick coin.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]