Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Lazio stakeholders  (Read 6092 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Lazio stakeholders
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2016, 01:30:44 PM »

You are in the minority though. I mean, if you were to put a euro on Lazio at the bookmakers to finish 2nd, you'll get somewhere between 30-45 times what you put on.

The bookmakers estimate Lazio have about a 3% or 4% chance of making Champions League through the league. You're talking about it as if we should expect it or more to the point, demand it of Lotito.

There are at least 10 clubs in Italy with more potential than Lazio. Champions League qualification would most likely be a one-time thing.

lazio-stakeholder

• Aquilotto
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2016, 01:55:59 PM »

Cathal Really? I think that is amazing.

I am a football fan and I have always my own opinion.. as every football fan of course.

But I allways (and surely when i buy some shares) do serious fundamental research as well.

(As you already could have knowm from contents of my site of course.)

In 2012 I did this article on chances of Borussia Dortmund and big clubs in general to establish as big clubs thus staying big for a long time after that.

(which of course which is more and more noticed  4 year later.. ALWAYS the same clubs in final stages of Champions league)

took story for you all on Lazio-Stakeholder now, and also SS Lazio mentioned at the time

Borussia Dortmund - chances to establish as a big soccer club.

http://lazio-stakeholder.nl//bvb/content/Dortmund-prospects.html
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 02:57:29 PM by lazio-stakeholder »

lazio-stakeholder

• Aquilotto
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2016, 02:30:56 PM »

Here also a synopsys of me on Borussia Dortmund's Financial development at the time, thanks to CL-entrance.

Lazio when entering CL would however be immediately at about Burussia Dortmund 2012 turnover (i.e. Borussia's second Champions League season)... even at a 20.000 fan average.

So Lazio would truly make a gigantic step forward and also would have (simply because of being an Italian club instead of e.g. russian club) very good chances to stay in (European) top afterwards.

Borussia Dortmund - financial development and comparison versus market leader

http://lazio-stakeholder.nl//bvb/content/Borussia-Dortmund-financial-development.html
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:01:20 PM by lazio-stakeholder »

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2016, 03:00:48 PM »

Ok, you do research, so you have researched Lazio's history and our history with European competition? It doesn't read like you did. It's far too simplistic for a team whose fans are outnumbered 20 to 1 in Rome and have, at most, 6% of the fans in Italy.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2016, 03:40:07 PM »

If you as club from a main soccer country establish  in Champions League you WILL  soon be a 300 million euro revenue club, and then soon also HAVE a big competitive edge over your national competitors.

Simple as that! (but still not everybody is able to understand why)

:supsmile:

Yeah I think we realise that, largely the reason why we compete to try and enter the competition.

But hey, so do Juve, Roma, Milan, Inter, Fiorentina, Napoli, Torino and you could add Sampdoria and Udinese to last 5 years.

It wouldn't surprise me if you were in other teams' forums saying the exact same thing.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2016, 03:46:49 PM »

I am not arrogant but I would remind you of the fact that it is a very great coincedence that you as Lazio fan are discussing here whith the very financial expert and life time soccer addict that 2011 discovered exceptional BVB potential and wrote a lot about it in German fora.

Ok, but, I knew Dortmund had tremendous potential of becoming a powerhouse when they were top of the Bundesliga. Because if you're winning the Bundesliga, and have a 80,000 seater stadium and have one of the biggest, if not the biggest, regional fanbase in football, and you know the revenues the Champions League brings, with the greatest of respect, how could you not see the potential?

I don't want to be disrespectful, perhaps something is getting lost in translation here, but it won't be anywhere near as easy for Lazio for the following reasons.

1) There's more competition in Italy.
2) Lazio rent a stadium.
3) Lazio fans are currently boycotting the rented stadium because it's s**t.
4) Lazio have a rather small fanbase, and are the second - if not third (Juventus fans are everywhere)  - most supported club in Rome.
5) The environment in Rome is toxic (see Roman radio stations).

I appreciate that if Lazio qualify for the Champions League and make it a habit, that alone will catapult us among the top teams in Europe as it does with any club.

But the chances of this are much slimmer than with Dortmund based on the five factors above. It's why we have 116 years in history and have never been the club you claim we have the potential to be. It's not mission impossible, but it's close.

lazio-stakeholder

• Aquilotto
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2016, 03:47:54 PM »

I didn't say LAZIO WILL manage to qualify, i suppose.

Of course there are six serious 6 competitors for four Italian CL spots from 2018 year on.

England no different.  Germany has Leipzig now.

If all six on average can participate two out of of three seasons, that also would be a very big (decisive)  thing for Lazio.
And would put them on a tremendous financial growth path from which (a few years later) they could easily finance a 200 million stadium  (mainly over stock exchange.. but that REQUIRES however fair market valuation.. I am starting to repeat my self .. it is all on my site.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:53:41 PM by lazio-stakeholder »

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2016, 07:14:57 PM »

I don't understand economics well enough to interpret that information so it would be great if you could elaborate on the forum rather than direct traffic to that site.

Because to compare Lazio to Man U in 2001 and use that to interpret Lazio in 2016 in some way seems flawed. I'm saying that as someone who doesn't understand economics as well as you, but knows Lazio were operating rather illegally at that time.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2016, 09:05:13 PM »

I don't mean to be an ass to any of you, but as someone with little to no understanding about stocks and economics, this debate is very confusing due to the lack of structure in the posts and the going back and forth with topics within the same posts.

Just some feedback, I'd love to get a better understanding about the economics of the club, but this type of the debate isn't something I've learnt from :(
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2016, 09:48:18 PM »

I don't think there's much to learn as such unless you have an understanding of the stock market. lazio-stakeholder suspects illegal manipulation from Lotito based on his knowledge of the stock market but he has no evidence as yet. Therefore unless you can understand, what is there to learn?

The back and forth came about because of the suggestion Lazio have the potential to be the next Borussia Dortmund. I understand the point, but I think it's impossible to compare a club with the highest average attendance in world football to a club who has to pay fans to turn up. The difference is obvious.

So like you, I wish I understood the stock more because based on my knowledge of Lazio, Lotito etc. I'm a bit lost myself.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17