Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 315

Author Topic: Transfers and Rumours 2017  (Read 107767 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Transfers and Rumours 2017
« Reply #1050 on: March 16, 2017, 07:51:18 PM »

Cragnotti left Lazio in 550 million of debt. Lotito agreed a tax repayment plan to avoid bankruptcy where we pay only 140 million over 23 years. We're over halfway there and still owe 68 million and will pay 5.65 million every year until 2028.

Understanding our actual finances is very difficult for a number of reasons, but what seems clear is that our our financial situation is not particularly healthy at the moment since the club are essentially giving themselves advances on income and we're still making a loss.

Europa League money is only about 15 million if you consider only what UEFA give us to participate, but we also get prize money, ticket revenue etc. As long as we get out of the group, we'd be nearing 25 million in total revenue.

Why shouldn't we pay off our debt in a lump sum? Because to pay 68 million, we'd need to sell star players and if selling star players costs us a place in Europe in the future or a place in the Champions League, paying off our debt will have been a catastrophic mistake because it would've cost us potential revenue.

Everyone is in debt. Real Madrid have about 5-6 times the debt we do - is it a monkey on their back?

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1051 on: March 16, 2017, 08:08:13 PM »

25 million for Europa? ...That can't be right. I remember LLSN said we capped out at 15M but thats because of a first place finish, the wins, the entry and the quarter finals.

a bit of interest?...  I remember when Lotito first took on Lazio, a lot of pundits were saying he was crazy for doing it because the majority of his payments would be all interest and he would never pay off the principle. If this is true, I hope Lotito can pay it off and would not have to start every season in the red from paying rent to CONI for Stadio Olimpico, and my concern the payment to repay Cragnotti's debt. Imagine a debt free Lazio with its own stadium and being payed off completely. This, in turn, would free up funds that used to go to the credit company Lotito deals with.

How do you know we have a repayment plan in place? Say if Lotito wanted to pay off the remaining.... 80M lets say, why can't he pay off his debt? I dont know about any corporate credit regulations, but for example Visa would let you pay off your credit at any time, and to pay off your mortgage here, your allowed to put in a lump sum every so often and to opt out of it (sell or pay off) you would have to pay a moderate fee. Whatever agreement Lotito has, can he not just pay it off and get the monkey off the back once and for all?

Gio.. it would leave us shorthanded a season maybe. I wish I knew exact figures of the credit payments Lotito owed.

DaKiller. Not once have I played Championship Manager.

I get where you are coming from but companies are different to individual people. A company would never sell off assets to pay a loan or debt back early if it can afford to pay back the loan/debt and keep hold of it's assets. I would liken it to selling your car just to clear off your credit card, it's very unlikely you would do that unless you were desperate.

As Cathal said, we definitely have a payment plan set up and I think it will be paid up by around the mid to late 2020s.

It's really not much of an issue for the club because gaining the extra 5.5mil per season (which is debt repayable and interest combined) wouldn't be anywhere near as much of a benefit as to keep our assets or at least reinvest money from sales rather than payoff debt.

Cataldi4thewin

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #1052 on: March 16, 2017, 08:59:56 PM »

Ok thanks guys for the clarification. I do like Gio's example of car debt. I just personally hate debt, and hate interest. Not dislike..hate. If you think about it, your giving a rich person/company/bank free money because they have tons of it, and your net payable amount skyrockets and that much harder to catch up on. But if this debt is putting gas in your car then why sell your means of getting places.

Also Cathal.. 5.65 M over the next 11 years is shy of 68M. There must be more figures or variables involved.

Anyways, my point was selling those 4 players wouldn't exactly decimate the team if you sold them on average for 25M. You could pay off that remainder (if it was possible) and would have a few more millions to buy replacements and still be competitive.

Also, too bad when Lazio dont make Europa, but it seems the seasons we dont make Europa, we are in the Coppa Italia + SupperCoppa anyways to make up for it. :bravo:
Lazio need more Romans

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1053 on: March 16, 2017, 09:14:29 PM »

Also Cathal.. 5.65 M over the next 11 years is shy of 68M. There must be more figures or variables involved.

It was 68 million when Lazio released their last accounts, which would've been as of June 2016. If you consider we have to pay 5.65 in 2017 and 2028 and all years in between, that would take it up to 68 million (if you round up).

It hasn't been 5.65 million every year for 23 years - Lazio had to pay more in the first year to enter into the agreement, which is why that summer was particularly fun.

The reality is, the more money we dedicate to paying off our debts, the less we have to grow the club. That's why everyone operates in debt - spend as much money as you can without people wanting their money back. The richer your club is, the less bothered people are about getting their money back. That's the way the world works, I guess.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1054 on: March 16, 2017, 09:29:44 PM »

If you think about it, your giving a rich person/company/bank free money because they have tons of it, and your net payable amount skyrockets and that much harder to catch up on.

One thing to remember is that bank is in debt to another bank etc. Just as every country has debt. Everyone owes everyone... :supsmile:

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #1055 on: March 17, 2017, 01:15:24 AM »

Everyone owes everyone... :supsmile:

Specially me :(
FORZA LAZIO!

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #1056 on: March 18, 2017, 08:49:13 PM »

Europe brings money and there will not be a big problem to leave 5.6 m asides.
 Except a good chance for EL(or even CL-when a lot of things could changes) we have a very good team with not high salarys.
 Offloading the deadwoods could fixed the salary's of key players,
 Even without selling we could use the other side of taking money policy :
 -Sponsor
 -Tv rights
 - Points in CL ( EL) except competition means also Money...
 Etc
 Selling is easier but also dangerous way :
 -We will buy new players and could happen again that we will Pay for Nothing (Lose)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1057 on: March 21, 2017, 09:50:47 AM »

As the season goes on, I realise more than ever that Lazio need a central midfielder with a playing style that resembles a better version of Lulic.

It's hard to complain about the SMS - Biglia - Parolo trio, but I still think SMS is much more effective in a more advanced position and even if Parolo holds up in his mid-30s, we could do with a midfielder who is able to carry the ball forward and transition between defence and attack. Lulic has never really had the ball control to be that player, although once upon a time, his pace compensated for it.

If we had that sort of player available this season, I think we'd be mixing it with 1927 and Napoli proper.

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #1058 on: March 21, 2017, 10:02:55 AM »

As the season goes on, I realise more than ever that Lazio need a central midfielder with a playing style that resembles a better version of Lulic.

It's hard to complain about the SMS - Biglia - Parolo trio, but I still think SMS is much more effective in a more advanced position and even if Parolo holds up in his mid-30s, we could do with a midfielder who is able to carry the ball forward and transition between defence and attack. Lulic has never really had the ball control to be that player, although once upon a time, his pace compensated for it.

If we had that sort of player available this season, I think we'd be mixing it with 1927 and Napoli proper.

like naingolan for example ?

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #1059 on: March 21, 2017, 10:15:33 AM »

I would love if we can sign Nainggolan or player that resemble him.
True fighter.
Remind me of Vidal.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 315