Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Lazio friends/ Enemies  (Read 3432 times)

manchesterlazio

• Aquilotto
Lazio friends/ Enemies
« on: January 06, 2017, 05:58:00 PM »

Happy New Year to everyone :smile: I was just thinking,apart from 1927 ,Is there any other teams that Laziali really dislike?? ALSO..Are there any teams or fans that Laziali have friendship with or Like? Being from Manchester im not good on the Geography of Italia..Thanks Guys :stendrm:

Stefano6

• LF Legend
Re: Lazio friends/ Enemies
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 06:34:12 PM »

Were supposed to hate Pescara, Milan, Livorno and of course everyone hates Juventus!

We are friends with Inter and Verona. The fans formed some sort of friendship with West Ham, although I think predominantly because of Di Canio.

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 06:49:51 PM »

I think we have some relationship with Ultras Sur, also I have witnessed Espanyol fans in Curva Nord, recently there has been a strong bond between Laziali and Levski Sofia ultras as well.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 07:26:20 PM »

These friendships are called gemellaggio in Italy. Laziali have this connection with Inter fans and Verona fans, Real Madrid, Espanyol, Chelsea, Levski Sofia and probably some others that I can't think of right now. PSG too and now with some Polish groups too, Piacenza...our Ultras also support Palestine and like many, many other ultra fan groups around Europe they support Serbia and our fight for Kosovo. I am not getting into details or politics here, I'm just stating the obvious.

Some of these connections are based on similar political views and some aren't. Chelsea had an ultra group called Headhunters and they had the same political ideology as our Irriducibili...so they visit each other and go to games together.

Our enemies are, besides the ones Stefano already mentioned, Bologna, Marseille, Tottenham...and who knows how many more because we are labelled as a right-wing club, which is not true, and many fan groups who are considered to be left-wing hate us. Can't go into it further, maybe I already said too much.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 07:33:42 PM »

We have a thread here where we discussed this topic

http://forum.lazioland.com/index.php/topic,1881.0.html
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

manchesterlazio

• Aquilotto
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 08:34:53 PM »

"Lazioserbia"..Thanks for that mate,very interesting..also thanks to "Ilsemprelaziale" for the older thread.. :stend1900:

SSL PADRONI DI ROMA

• Aquilotto
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 12:14:52 PM »

These friendships are called gemellaggio in Italy. Laziali have this connection with Inter fans and Verona fans, Real Madrid, Espanyol, Chelsea, Levski Sofia and probably some others that I can't think of right now. PSG too and now with some Polish groups too, Piacenza...our Ultras also support Palestine and like many, many other ultra fan groups around Europe they support Serbia and our fight for Kosovo. I am not getting into details or politics here, I'm just stating the obvious.

Some of these connections are based on similar political views and some aren't. Chelsea had an ultra group called Headhunters and they had the same political ideology as our Irriducibili...so they visit each other and go to games together.

Our enemies are, besides the ones Stefano already mentioned, Bologna, Marseille, Tottenham...and who knows how many more because we are labelled as a right-wing club, which is not true, and many fan groups who are considered to be left-wing hate us. Can't go into it further, maybe I already said too much.

I would say the only gemellaggio at this moment is the one with Inter. It's the only place where Laziali can go and join the home fans if they wish to do so, and the other way around. When we played them recently Inter ultras displayed a banner which read "more than a gemellaggio". It's a very, very strong bond. There were also Laziali amongst the Interisti. In terms of other Italian teams, there is a very strong, historical friendship with Triestina (not sure if you'd call it gemellaggio) and with Ascoli. Personal contacts with Hellas Verona, Chieti... All based on politics.

As for Europe, there's a strong, historical bond with Real Madrid's ultras (although they, like Lazio and so many others, are going through very difficult times), Espanyol and Levski, which at the moment is quite dominant (ultras travelling back and forth constantly). The friendship with West Ham United was started by some of the IRR business men for profit. West Ham, like Lazio (IRR) is a brand, it's in the movies, it's about merchandising, it's all about the €€€'s. The friendship with Wisla was started for money reasons as well, but I'll leave the details of that connection to your own imagination. Not much to do with ultras, nevermind football, let's leave it at that.

Furthermore, there are personal links with some lads of PSG, Ferencváros, some German teams, ecc.

Enemies, where to start. asr, obviously. Then I would say, in Italy: Napoli, Milan, Atalanta, Fiorentina, Bologna, Pescara, Livorno, Brescia, and so many more. Mostly historical enemies with too many stories to tell. Also, you'll notice, many of them have a left-wing fanbase/ultras.

In Europe, any team with left-wing fans or ultras. Marseille is a famous one, Atletico Madrid, some others.

manchesterlazio

• Aquilotto
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 01:03:50 PM »

SSL PARDONI, also very Enlightening..When we came over for the derby in December, was talking to some Laziali in the olimpic bar near stadio olimpico..Told them we came from Manchester and all of my family were Man Utd..One of the lads said Lazio had a liking for United( Jaap Staam, sebo veron, and of course United beating Merda 7-1 at Old trafford some time ago was mentioned) I just wondered if there was any truth in that? :stend1900:

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 03:04:42 PM »

SSL PARDONI, also very Enlightening..When we came over for the derby in December, was talking to some Laziali in the olimpic bar near stadio olimpico..Told them we came from Manchester and all of my family were Man Utd..One of the lads said Lazio had a liking for United( Jaap Staam, sebo veron, and of course United beating Merda 7-1 at Old trafford some time ago was mentioned) I just wondered if there was any truth in that? :stend1900:

After Man Utd trashed 1927 you could see their flags at our home games  :beer: 

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 03:34:46 PM »

Ferguson was sent a crate of Chianti wine after the 7-1, to which he replied with a letter. The letters are somewhere on this forum - I'd find it for you but I'm not able to search at the minute, I'm sure someone else will link you. If not, I'll post it later.

I will ask around about that story if you like and get you the real version of events. I think I know details but I'd like to be sure.

Fergie had a lot of admiration for the 99-00 Lazio so there was always a base respect. As others have noted here, Inter are our only true friends and 1927 our only bitter rivalries.

I wouldn't call our relationship with Man U a friendship as such, but a relationship which is more positive than negative.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 03:36:19 PM by Cathal »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4