Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123]

Author Topic: Claudio Lotito  (Read 74008 times)

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
Re: Claudio Lotito
« Reply #1220 on: January 14, 2018, 06:18:04 PM »

As an Italian, I have to say that I really hope that Lotito does not get the presidency. I just don't think that anything would change from an Italy standpoint, and I'm honestly sick of not being able to get past the world cup group stage.

It won't change unless Damiano Tommasi gets elected. He wants to get rid of Lega Pro and introduce B teams. Essentially, you'd see small Italian clubs dying to make way for B teams.

Gravina and Sibilia, two other candidates, will want similar things as they are presidents of Serie C and Serie D respectively. They'll be keen to keep things like Tavecchio had it.

Lotito is different. Yes, he backed Tavecchio, but he backed Tavecchio to one day be in this position. Lotito has his admirers in Serie A, B, C and D. Also has many that don't like him. He's the spanner in the works.

Tavecchio isn't the problem, neither is Lotito. The problem is that FIGC presidents is essentially elected by small clubs. It's the system.

All fair, was all up for Albertini getting it the last time. Seems like Italian football needs somebody young and dynamic. Was sort of thinking that I didn't want it to be a 1927 man, but as far as I can see, there's no real major implications to that.

Got thinking a bit more then, what difference is the president really going to make if the players aren't there, which they aren't. I've always been accustomed to having a core set of players who were so good that they would start every time they were fit. With De Rossi retiring now, there's no one player who I can see that is good enough to be guaranteed a spot in the team.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:20:59 PM by stefano_40 »
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #1221 on: January 14, 2018, 07:58:05 PM »

It goes beyond football, its the problem with Italy in general.
The people complain the country is always two steps behind everyone else and say something must be done. But the moment anyone suggests anything new, everyone complains, protests, strikes and harps on about "tradition" and in the end nothing changes.

First to complain about something, last to do anything about it.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1222 on: January 15, 2018, 01:16:11 AM »

Lotito decided not to register himself as candidate. 
Guess he wanted to make some people nervous first and show some muscle that he could have won with ease.  :twinkle:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1223 on: January 15, 2018, 08:48:33 AM »

Lotito couldn't win. If Sibilia pulled out or backed Lotito, he'd have ran and probably won. But the fact Sibilia was basically the man who got Tavecchio ousted, I'm guessing he's hellbent on running and winning. And Lotito won't enter to lose.

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #1224 on: January 15, 2018, 09:47:27 PM »

Is there a chance he'll go for it again in the future or was this his best moment? How often are these elections anyway?
Please, take a minute at www.sslazio.dk . If there are other Scandinavian brothers who want to join, feel free!! We all understand each other anyway.

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #1225 on: January 27, 2018, 05:09:46 PM »

😅

"La Repubblica claims Lazio President Claudio Lotito and Juventus chief Beppe Marotta almost came to blows in a Lega Serie A meeting.

The encounter between the 20 top-flight clubs was held on Friday, as they continue to debate over who will be the next President of the FIGC.

Lotito backs Lega Nazionale Dilettanti chief Cosimo Sibilia, while Juve and Marotta have put their weight behind Gianluca Grava.

According to La Repubblica newspaper, a row broke out yesterday in the Lega Serie A meeting, as Lotito was mocking Juventus.

Marotta seemingly reacted and the two men almost came to blows, separated by their colleagues."

Non molare mai  :razz:
Don't hate the player, hate the game!

inhocsignovinces

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #1226 on: January 27, 2018, 06:26:09 PM »

😅

"La Repubblica claims Lazio President Claudio Lotito and Juventus chief Beppe Marotta almost came to blows in a Lega Serie A meeting.

The encounter between the 20 top-flight clubs was held on Friday, as they continue to debate over who will be the next President of the FIGC.

Lotito backs Lega Nazionale Dilettanti chief Cosimo Sibilia, while Juve and Marotta have put their weight behind Gianluca Grava.

According to La Repubblica newspaper, a row broke out yesterday in the Lega Serie A meeting, as Lotito was mocking Juventus.

Marotta seemingly reacted and the two men almost came to blows, separated by their colleagues."

Only in the old country lmao
T’avemo arzato la coppa in faccia.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1227 on: January 27, 2018, 09:40:01 PM »

😅

Gianluca Grava? I definitely missed out something that obviously didn't went unnoticed for morons from FI.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123]