Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Lotito-era: Best 22 vs Worst 22  (Read 1583 times)

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Lotito-era: Best 22 vs Worst 22
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 07:00:06 AM »

Best:

Peruzzi
       Litchsteiner  De Vrij   Biava   Kolarov
Felipe Anderson  Hernanes    Biglia    Mauri
                      Klose        Rocchi

My eleven, although this would be more attack minded especially on the midfield. All of these players have been taking Lazio to a higher level for more than 1 season, although arguably De Vrij and Biglia only had 1 exceptional season and doesn't improve later. Looking back it seems sometimes we have great defense, sometimes we have great goal scorers, sometimes we have creative midfields, unfortunately they spread out over 15 years that's why we rarely make it to CL.

In any case I think our squad this year is strong for the starters and not that far away from this 11, hope we can achieve something this year.

flurffmeister

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 08:45:13 AM »

Baronio and Zauri ?? seriously?
Il tricolore non cancella l'odore.
Lotito Vattene.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 12:08:54 PM »

Best team almost picks itself. As for the worst team, I went for players who were very much 'Lotito-era' and players who at least had opportunities but didn't live up to the billing.

Best 22:

Goalkeepers: Marchetti, Muslera
Defenders: Lichtsteiner, Konko, Dias, Biava, Siviglia, Cribari, Radu, Kolarov
Midfielders: Candreva, Felipe Anderson, Ledesma, Biglia, Brocchi, Hernanes, Mauri, Lulic
Forwards: Rocchi, Klose, Pandev, Zarate

Worst 22:

Goalkeepers: Carrizo, Berisha
Defenders: Stankevicius, Belleri, Artipoli, Piccolo, Giallombardo, Lequi, Seric, Bonetto
Midfielders: Meghni, Bresciano, Mea Vitali, Gonzalez, Keller, Quadri, Bonanni, Eliseu
Forwards: Makinwa, Vignaroli, Saha, Postiga

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 12:24:07 PM »

Best team:

goalies: Muslera and Marchetti
right backs: Lichtsteiner and Oddo
left backs: Kolarov and Radu
center: Biava, Siviglia, Cribari and Dias
midfielders: Ledesma, Dabo, Parolo, Lulic, Mauri, Brocchi, Anderson, Hernanes
forwards: Klose, Rocchi, Zarate, Pandev

For worst one, I need to rethink, it's hard to make 'good' choices there, because of early mercatos (summer 2004 blind picks, eg) hells.

When I look back - we actually had some decent defenders during pre-2010, even with shoestring budget club operated with. Siviglia probably one of mine all time favorites because Delio dried him to the max even when Siviglia was well over the hill and Cribari has been always very solid. Add Stendardo who put his best performance while he was here, Rozenhal who performed good, etc.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:31:36 PM by Crni Đorđe »
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 01:25:17 PM »

Muslera
Lichty-De Vrij-Biava-Kolarov
     Brocchi-Biglia
Anderson-Hernanes-Lulic
          Klose
Sub:
Peruzzi-Oddo-Dias-Sivigla-Radu-Ledesma-Matuzalem-Mauri-Candreva-Rocchi-Zarate

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 02:00:11 PM »

Is Oddo and Pandev Lotito players? I seem to remember them joining before Lotito..

Anyway

Marchetti
Litchsteiner-Biava-Dias-Kolarov
Brocchi-Ledesma
Candreva-Mauri-Lulic
Klose

Subs: Muslera, De Vrij, Siviglia, Hernanes, Biglia, Parolo Rocchhi, Zarate, Felipe, Keita
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

stefano_40

• Aquilotto
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 05:06:32 PM »

Best XI:

Muslera
Lichtsteiner - Biava - Radu - Kolarov
   Ledesma - Hernanes - Mauri(c)
     Candreva - Rocchi - Zarate

On another note, never understood why Siviglia was always so highly rated. In fairness I was only maybe 12-16 years of age when I used to watch him, so maybe I wasn't really as able to judge a football match as well as I would be now. I always remember him being consistently ordinary to poor, generally in the same regards that I would hold Biglia in nowadays. By no means our worst defender of the Lotito era, but just thought it was interesting.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2017, 05:30:33 PM »

Just seeing the names of the likes of Vignaroli, Bresciano, Artipoli, Carrizo, Stankevičius and so makes me feel like this :

VENI VIDI LULIĆ

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2017, 06:11:19 PM »

On another note, never understood why Siviglia was always so highly rated. In fairness I was only maybe 12-16 years of age when I used to watch him, so maybe I wasn't really as able to judge a football match as well as I would be now.

Can only speak for myself here, but I remember him joining us during a very tough period and his first two seasons with us was when we finished mid table or bottom and almost got relegated. But he also helped the team get into the Champions League the year after and as such he was one of the players who helped them team bounce back and get a proper foothold as a top team in the league.

He was always a hard fighting player who you never saw being lazy..not quite as good as Dias or Biava, but definitetly a decent back up for the two..

Dias and Biava were the best CB duo we had under Lotito by the way and our current defenders have some way to go before they get to that level..

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2017, 06:17:49 PM »

Cathal I see you have Eliseu in your worst team..

When I look at the players we had in the past I just can't believe we didn't get more out of him. Think about all the problems we've had on our fullback positions over the year and then look at what he accomplished since he left us..

Maybe just a case of not fitting in with the tactics or whatever, but I do feel the club let him go a bit too soon..

Pages: 1 [2] 3