Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Lotito-era: Best 22 vs Worst 22  (Read 1997 times)

Addi1900

• Aquilotto
Re: Lotito-era: Best 22 vs Worst 22
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 05:22:36 AM »

Marchetti
          De Vrij - Biava - Dias
Lichtsteiner                       Kolarov
             Ledesma - Biglia
Anderson                       Lulic
                    Klose

Special mention: Mauri, Rocchi, Brocchi, Radu
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 05:25:01 AM by Addi1900 »
I too play the banjo

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2017, 05:51:36 AM »

Best team:

goalies: Muslera and Marchetti
right backs: Lichtsteiner and Oddo
left backs: Kolarov and Radu
center: Biava, Siviglia, Cribari and Dias
midfielders: Ledesma, Dabo, Parolo, Lulic, Mauri, Brocchi, Anderson, Hernanes
forwards: Klose, Rocchi, Zarate, Pandev

For worst one, I need to rethink, it's hard to make 'good' choices there, because of early mercatos (summer 2004 blind picks, eg) hells.

When I look back - we actually had some decent defenders during pre-2010, even with shoestring budget club operated with. Siviglia probably one of mine all time favorites because Delio dried him to the max even when Siviglia was well over the hill and Cribari has been always very solid. Add Stendardo who put his best performance while he was here, Rozenhal who performed good, etc.

Siviglia was pretty decent especially given his age, and Cribari had his better days before the mask injury, Stendardo was good also however never nailed a starting spot. But Rozenhal..... he was really really bad. He concedes 1 silly goal every match and he's much like Hoedt but even more frustrating.

Novaretti, Hoedt, Rozenhal are the worst defenders, Ciani and Cana are next, but Rozenhal would really top my list of worst CB in Lazio.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2017, 11:43:25 AM »

In my opinion, not much between Cribari, Siviglia, Biava and Dias. They were all great for a season or two, and they all went into decline. Cribari declined the most dramatically which is probably why the other three seem to feature more in these 'best' teams.

Honestly, I think de Vrij's level is there or thereabouts compared to the aforementioned players, but he hasn't been here as long. Stendardo would probably make the 'best' team if he had another season at Lazio - he wasn't far of getting in the Italy team while at Lazio.

As for Rozehnal, I cannot believe how lowly rated he is here. Was he good for us? No. But he wasn't anywhere near as bad as Ciani, Novaretti etc. Rozehnal was surrounded by bad defenders - Ciani couldn't do a job for us if you surrounded him with Nesta, Maldini etc.

Nando87

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2017, 05:31:48 PM »

Siviglia was not a good player.

Peruzzi was a cragnotti buy.

Candreva is a staple in the lotito all time best xi.
SPQR

Morts

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2017, 09:20:36 AM »

This will obviously be very subjective as it always is with posts like this but nevertheless:

Best 12.5
GK Peruzzi (although I am not sure he can be considered a Lotito Era player)
RB Lichtsteiner (I am by no means a fan of his but on his best days he is a must in my book)
CB: Dias and De Vrij (at his best)
LB: Kolarov
MF: Candreva, Hernanes, Mauri. Anderson, Ledesma
CF: Klose, Zarate (Rocchi)

Bench: Muslera Oddo (if considered a Lotito player) MF: Parolo, Biglia, Lulic and Oddo

WORST XII

Carizzo
Zauri, Diakite, Stinkivicioys, Bonetto
Bresciano, Keller, Eliseu, Meghni
Maki, Saha, Postiga, DJ Cisse (out of position)
Laziale for more than 25 years with equal parts of passion, dedication and madness! Not always active in the forum as I travel much, but always active in my Lazio Heart! NON MOLLARE MAI  *Sydney - London - Denmark*

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 02:30:22 PM »

Peruzzi played four seasons at Lotito's Lazio, he's more than qualified for this thread.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 04:29:09 PM »

Really surprised to see Zauri on the worst line-ups.

If it's just that he is worse than Radu, Lulic and Kolarov then ok, but he was very good in his day.

Nass

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 08:27:15 PM »

It is true Zauri does not deserve being on worst list, I put him there only because I couldn't think of any worse performance on right-back position. Stankeviciuos was not best either but to be fair he only played as rb less than 100 minutes, so to pick a right-back for this worst performing is difficult. Cavanda had at least a couple of MoM-performances (remember Tottenham?) and Pereirinha was totally OK when full fit as if I remember correctly Zauri single-handedly cost us many defeats from his right-back spot. All in all, I'm all in to replace him from my worst list, but with who?

Morts

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2017, 08:37:44 PM »

Peruzzi played four seasons at Lotito's Lazio, he's more than qualified for this thread.

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my comment.. I didn't mean he didn't qualify I was just debating if his best season/a were under Lotito.  Nevertheless he's a ****ing legend and I'm happy that he's still part of the club.
Laziale for more than 25 years with equal parts of passion, dedication and madness! Not always active in the forum as I travel much, but always active in my Lazio Heart! NON MOLLARE MAI  *Sydney - London - Denmark*

mamangfreak

• Aquilotto
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2017, 11:18:13 PM »

for me, zauri, peruzzi, oddo, and dabo not lotito player, so they not in my top 22.
anyone say zauri worst defender was ridiculous...he was better than radu and kolarov.
my best 22:
GK: muslera, marchetti
DEF: (R)lichtsteiner, basta (C)de vrij, dias, biava, and siviglia (L)radu and kolarov
MID: (R)f. anderson, candreva (C)biglia, ledesma, hernanes, parolo (L)mauri and lulic
FOR: klose, rocchi, pandev, and (okay maybe too soon) immobile.
best eleven: muslera; lichtsteiner, de vrij, dias, radu; f. anderson, biglia, hernanes, mauri; klose, pandev.
not bad from our chairman  :supsmile: :supsmile: :supsmile:
 :offlag: :offlag: :offlag:

Pages: 1 2 [3]