Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Serie A: Cagliari-Lazio, Sunday, 19-03-17  (Read 3330 times)

Sile

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Cagliari-Lazio, Sunday, 19-03-17
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2017, 11:57:33 AM »

There's a lot of things that need to improve significantly if we are to break down these types of opponents. First of all we need a better set-piece taker. Biglia's crosses are always directed at the 5m line, rarely fly over the first defender.
Second, we need better communication in the counter, we need to stretch them out instead of smashing into a wall.
And third, we need to mix things up a bit, not just play the ball down the right side.
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2017, 12:00:53 PM »

Cagliari is currently 14th
Sassuolo is 15th
they are around similar strength
we play away match on those.
lets see whether sergej can make difference on sassuolo.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2017, 12:12:15 PM »

Sassuolo and Cagliari are two completely different football teams, can't evaluate SMS' importance to the team on the basis of one opponent. On top of that, we'll be fitter by the time we play Sassuolo but we'll have the Derby on our mind so there are other factors to consider.

Like I said before this game, as much as we could say SMS will be missed against Cagliari - and he was - he wasn't good against Torino and didn't make the difference when we played a similar opponent with a similar philosophy or strategy (Chievo). We can't say we'd have won this game with SMS - I think it's quite likely we'd have got the same result, especially as SMS isn't 100% fit at the moment anyway.

Inzaghi said it himself - SMS' is important to the way we play so his absent is/was felt, but he's not a decisive player.

And Sile is right - we need to improve in a lot of areas to break down teams that set up like Cagliari did. Many times we just inject more pace and work harder and we grab a result like we did against Crotone, for example. But I never felt that was happening yesterday and looking at our subs, I don't think Inzaghi felt we'd get over the line. We just didn't have enough about us and I think Cagliari were very, very good.

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2017, 02:32:22 PM »

SMS's presence is sorely missed because his subs are either Lulic or Murgia. Lulic Biglia Parolo was the mega combo 3 years ago, but now they are collectively weakened and not as sharp as they once were. Defensively they might still be ok, but offensively they would be hard to break down opponents. SMS's ability is not world class to change every game's result, it's our bench that makes his importance more well known that it should be.

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2017, 02:53:23 PM »

Our tridente had bad games yesterday n our three midfielders didnt push forward. You can see big gap between midfielders n attackers, usually we had Sergej there, but we had nobody when he wasnt available. I think Inzaghi put Djorje in to fill Sergej's role, but we all know he is suck, so it makes no difference. I can also see the point bringing Alberto in, but he just has no ability to become game changer, especially with very few mins on field this season. To be honest, I cant see anybody from the bench became game changer yesterday since most of them are defensive players n inexperience, while the others are just suck. This international break comes in the right time n lets move on.
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
A ROMA LA LAZIO C'E SOLO LA LAZIO!!! FORZA LAZIO!!!

LazioKosovo

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »

I said to Phantomm just after the match. You have to be sadist or had-core fan to watch that game for 90 minutes.

chandraicang

• Aquilotto
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2017, 05:23:44 PM »

Sometimes I miss long shots galore to break down park the bus. Two seasons ago we had Candreva, not to forget Parolo and even Biglia had the ability to blast the ball from long range. But this long shots can be frustrating though  :um_face:
To cover a football pitch there is no better formation than a 4-3-3

eleven

• Aquilotto
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2017, 10:42:22 PM »

I said to Phantomm just after the match. You have to be sadist or had-core fan to watch that game for 90 minutes.

i watched full 90 min ,my face after the game =  :what:

117bono117

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2017, 03:10:16 AM »

so many good comments about the game.
it was really a sick game. and inzaghi for the first time didnt know what to do to break the dead lock!
if anything, lukaku showed us many times that he is a wonderful player when attacking. this is the kind of games that you capitalize on him. and create a left side full of attacking players with lulic keita and him instead of radu which was replaced due to injury! djorjevic was useless. the bigger surprise was luis alberto who couldnt complete a single pass! a play maker they said.
it's one of these games that should have been killed by a set piece. but we were unlucky when it comes to the corners we had or the free kicks.

anderson should have scored if he for once start to act seriously in front of goal.
too bad we lost two points vs a team like cagliari !!
SS LAZIO: A BATTLE OF PRIDE!!

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2017, 06:53:18 AM »

so many good comments about the game.
it was really a sick game. and inzaghi for the first time didnt know what to do to break the dead lock!
if anything, lukaku showed us many times that he is a wonderful player when attacking. this is the kind of games that you capitalize on him. and create a left side full of attacking players with lulic keita and him instead of radu which was replaced due to injury! djorjevic was useless. the bigger surprise was luis alberto who couldnt complete a single pass! a play maker they said.
it's one of these games that should have been killed by a set piece. but we were unlucky when it comes to the corners we had or the free kicks.

anderson should have scored if he for once start to act seriously in front of goal.
too bad we lost two points vs a team like cagliari !!

Nope, not the 1st time really

anyhow, it could be worse  :whistle:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18