Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The end schedule of 17-18 Serie A - How will it go?  (Read 569 times)

Stefano6

• LF Legend
Re: The end schedule of 17-18 Serie A - How will it go?
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 11:43:22 AM »

I normally dont agree with ilsempre, but you guys are honestly exagerating the reaction here...

The point of the thread was to give predictions and discuss how the remaining games might play out and what that means for our final position. The way Roma are playing at the minute, and the way we are playing at the minute, I honestly dont think its a sign of a "poor fan" or "disgusting" to predict that we might lose the derby?
I mean, they did beat us 2 weeks ago, and we cant beat Genoa.

In no way does that mean that ilsempre (or me or whoever) has no faith that we will win, or has given up. But come on guys, be realistic. Being a fan doesnt mean you have to be blind to reality.

Anyway, on topic, personally I see us getting 12 points from Palermo, Samp, Inter and Crotone. I think we can definitely beat Fiorentina, they have been off lately, but a draw away wouldnt be a surprise.
At the risk of backlash and accusations of my standing as a fan, I too think it is likely that we will lose the derby, however I hope im wrong.

Either way, I think 12 points is achievable. Where that puts us depends on what the rest do. All we can do at this point is play our best and see what happens, but I think a Europa League place is almost certain.

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 12:23:56 PM »

Considering our latest displays, I don't see how predicting a loss to merda makes you a lesser fan. Of course we hope for a win, but let's not be blindfolded.
Non of the games are going to be easy, a few teams were slain by Crotone and if there is small chance of survival, they will be a tough nut to crack. It's the end of the season and fatigue will probably play role as well, I think Inzaghi should give more minutes to Lukaku, Patric and even Luis Alberto.

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 01:03:03 PM »

But you just don't put a zero there. It's hurting my eyes  :um_face:

Ok, let's go...

4 Lazio 61
5 Atalanta 60
6 AC Milan 58
7 Inter 56
8 Fiorentina 52

Lazio:

Palermo H
Roma A
Sampdoria H
Fiorentina A
Inter H
Crotone A

Atalanta:

Bologna H
Juventus H
Udinese A
Milan H
Empoli A
Chievo H

AC Milan:

Empoli H
Crotone A
Roma H
Atalanta A
Bologna H
Cagliari A

Inter:

Fiorentina A
Napoli H
Genoa A
Sassuolo H
Lazio A
Udinese H

I will exclude Fiorentina as they won't catch up imo.

The most important thing last round was that merda drew. Now Napoli are only 2 points behind and are putting pressure on merda. I count on both teams to win next round so merda going into the derby with alot of pressure to get 2nd place. merda and "have to win" are not a good combo for them so I'm optimistic.

So why do I think we have the best schedule? Well, maybe not on paper but during the final stages it's much about putting pressure on others and try to be relaxed and focused yourself.

I assume us, Inter, Milan and Atalanta all win next round. Then Atalanta play Juventus and I guess they'll lose. That leaves us still 1 point ahead and a game in hand so we can go into the derby with less pressure then merda. If they lose the derby Napoli might pass them in the table. I give Milan a narrow win in Crotone and Napoli will beat Inter.

Atalanta mighth run into trouble in Udinese, they lost the home game after losing to Juve so why not a replay? Inexperience and nervousness can kick in any moment. Inter win in Genoa and while Napoli will win before merda play Milan the pressure will be on. I'm cheering for Milan but it'll end a draw.
We will face difficulties against Sampdoria but they play their second away match in a row which is always hard and with nothing to play for I put us down for a hardfought win.

When we travel to Fiorentina we will be in a good position where no one can pass us even if we lose. We play the first match of the round and if we avoid defeat it can demotivate others. I think it'll end a draw. Atalanta will beat Milan and Inter win against Sassuolo.

Two rounds to go with us on 69/71 points (I don't think we'll lose the derby so depending on a draw or win), Atalanta on 66p, Milan 65p, Inter 65p.

Here we will ge too cocky and with Inter on a good run I think we'll blow it and lose. No big deal as we can afford to lose since we have better h2h then Atalanta who needs to not only catch us but pass us to finish ahead. Milan and Atalanta both win.

Juicy last round with us on 69p (ok, I think derby will be a draw. Both teams will be too afraid to lose in the end and it was a long time ago it ended a draw so about time), Atalanta on 69p, Milan and Inter on 68p. Milan will lose to Cagliari while the others win.

Final table
4 Lazio 72p
5 Atalanta 72p
6 Inter 71p
7 Milan 68p
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 03:14:35 PM »

Hold on, I never said he is not a fan because of this. I just said it is awful to put a 0. Ilsempre is a big Laziale and I never thought otherwise, I just said that in my opinion it is not cool to say that. No one is accusing ilsempre of anything, me and Rizmo are just expressing our opinion. Ilsempre did you get offended? If so, I apologize as there was no intention to insult you.

As far as I'm concerned we do not even need to reach EL. All I wanted is to beat 1927 and f*ck up their whole season which we did, I wanted them so badly in Coppa that I was almost cheering for them against Cesena. I knew they will not be able to play two Derbies in a month, play against Lyon and Seria A and succeed. All their talk of winning this and winning that was put to bed by us and that is pretty much all I wanted. Prima squadra della Capitalle  :offlag:

We cannot beat Genoa because the ref stole two clearest penalties in the history of football. They cannot beat Atalanta at home, why is that better than not beating Genoa away?

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2017, 04:00:49 PM »

Atalanta with arguably their best player suspended as well. merda aren't playing as good as they did first half of the season but they get results due to Dzeko's scoring form. I'm not particularly worried as I was before the Coppa but now I saw 180 minutes and I'm confident they're not any better then us going toe to toe.
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 05:58:08 PM »

The thing is that we might win all these matches if everything click but we might as well lose them all if things don't click. I would say we will win against Crotone and Palermo, but it's hard to say what happens in the rest of the matches. But I would say we get 9 points minimum but 11-12 max.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 10:52:38 PM »

In our last 12 league games, we've lost once. Through these games, we beat Inter away and dumped 1927 out of the Coppa. Lazio will be the bookmakers' favourites to win 4 if not 5 of these games and on current form (ie. last couple of months rather than last two games) we could conceivably win all 6.

I take nothing for granted and wouldn't be surprised if the wheels fall off the wagon somewhat, but I don't understand making predictions at this point.

Bobbi

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 03:09:29 AM »

I don't like making predictions when it comes to Lazio. We need to go into every match thinking only of that one match and nothing else, putting also concentration on it for 90 minutes. Taking it one step at a time.

We are capable of getting good results against every one of the next six teams and we have to remain positive. I am hoping for a fully fit team and a rejuvenated Lazio. The last few games have not been the best for us but hopefully we kick it off well against Palermo at home next weekend.

:offlag:
Pages: 1 [2]