Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Seleco - flashback from past  (Read 2645 times)

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
Re: Seleco - flashback from past
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2017, 01:34:33 PM »

Im pretty pleased about this, can you imagine if we do another deal to use the maglia bandiera next season too, but this time with Seleco on it - we would make a fortune on shirt sales alone!

Will be buying next seasons shirt for sure.

Regarding maglia bandiera, Canigiani said that 'Eagle shirt won't return next season, but perhaps something even more incredible than return of eagle shirt'. It's curious cliffhanger, supposedly about next season shirts.

Must say I'm already impatient.  :razz:

Wonder if that's what will premiere in the Coppa final.

Yeah and what could be more unexpected than maglia bandiera has been? Really, how many of you expected to see maglia bandiera ever again?

I'm thinking about crest from that period. Maybe with some restyling, to make duo deja vu.

Perhaps without outside line, with more "lively" aquila? Don't know, just guessing what would be even more incredible.

This would be fantastic.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2017, 02:34:13 PM »

This crest discussion is interesting.

People here are keen on the idea of going back to a crest that we used 30 years ago for a jersey. People here fell in love with a jersey which was an imitation of a design we used 30 years ago.

I accept there's people on this forum and in Rome who are either familiar with these times because they lived through it or who familiarised themselves with our history, but to use a 30 year-old crest next season on any jersey would be targeting the wrong audience once again.

Yes, this is a traditional club and it's important to embrace that, but at some point, we're going to have to modernise ourselves. Of course I think all these things are beautiful, but these things are also badly outdated. The current Lazio logo will look very outdated to neutrals - trust me.

So I'm not taking it for granted this time that the club will go back to the 70s/80s for inspiration.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2017, 02:39:53 PM »

The abovementioned logo of a stylized eagle got nothing but praise wherever it was discussed. The maglia bandiera is gorgeous even to "neutrals" as you put it. Retro is in Cathal, get with the times
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2017, 02:59:57 PM »

The abovementioned logo of a stylized eagle got nothing but praise wherever it was discussed. The maglia bandiera is gorgeous even to "neutrals" as you put it. Retro is in Cathal, get with the times

So in, I'm not aware of any other club dredging up 30 year-old design ideas for re-use and haven't encountered a single neutral myself who didn't regard it as ugly.

Lazio made 1.3 million in total from all merchandise the season we re-introduced the maglia bandiera.

In your speak, our merch was so hip, it had an estimated street value of half-a-Mauricio  :vcool:

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2017, 03:06:46 PM »

That would be fun - cause home kit that year was of white color.  :supsmile:

Was the away sky-blue? Pretty sure I've seen that design with the colours reversed for that season. In any case, either jersey could be used. It's something I'd expect the club to mark.

Actually, there were three shirt during that season, from what I gathered. For Coppa final was used above posted white with blue collar. During league matches was used traditional sky blue with black or white pants.

But for first round of that season there is 'incident':

Perhaps black or navy blue color.

About crest, look what Juventus did with it. Restyled eagle from 80s wouldn't be miss in my opinion, not for older generations, not for new Laziali still to come. New, golden eagle based on this sky blue from past...  :whistle: :whistle:
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2017, 03:16:59 PM »

So in, I'm not aware of any other club dredging up 30 year-old design ideas for re-use and haven't encountered a single neutral myself who didn't regard it as ugly.

Lazio made 1.3 million in total from all merchandise the season we re-introduced the maglia bandiera.

In your speak, our merch was so hip, it had an estimated street value of half-a-Mauricio  :vcool:

Liverpool are doing it, for one. And it looks nice.
 On the other hand, Juve have made their logo more modern and became a laughing stock all over the world. Your pick.

And our merchandise sales are never that great, at least give the fans what they want, and the fans want the maglia bandiera.
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2017, 03:28:43 PM »

The fact you guys are bringing up the Juventus logo in this debate is proof their logo re-design worked for them. Got your attention as neutrals, didn't it?

Whereas I used to be a Liverpool fan as a very young child, didn't hear about their new jersey, think it looks ugly now I've Googled it (thought it was ugly in the 90s as well) and will probably forget about it before I see it in action.

I get your point, but I stand by my own here - Lazio could do with changing things up. And I'm not talking about sticking a big L on the top left of our shirts. But something.

Stefano6

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2017, 03:42:25 PM »

Man City recently "reverted" to a badge that is almost identical to one they had through the 70s and 80s

I dont think we should change our badge completely, but to use a retro one on the home shirt for example, for one season, I dont see a problem with it. In fact I would support it, its something other clubs have done in the past and im sure is a trend that will continue.

If they have decided that we cant use the maglia bandiera next season, then a retro style badge is the next best thing in my eyes.

The maglia bandiera was almost universally loved and praised, and while I dont think a retro badge would have the world going crazy, I think it would certainly get more praise than, for instance, Juves ugly J.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:44:15 PM by Stefano6 »

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2017, 03:44:15 PM »

Liverpool are doing it, for one. And it looks nice.
 On the other hand, Juve have made their logo more modern and became a laughing stock all over the world. Your pick.

Exactly. Their new crest is awful but the old one wasn't that great either.

Our crest is one of the most beautiful in world football as far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't change a thing.

Hahaha look at that shitty Man City crest! First they had red and yellow stripes and now they have blue and white? Retards  :ohnoo:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:46:12 PM by lazioserbia »

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2017, 03:55:01 PM »

Im pretty pleased about this, can you imagine if we do another deal to use the maglia bandiera next season too, but this time with Seleco on it - we would make a fortune on shirt sales alone!

Will be buying next seasons shirt for sure.

Regarding maglia bandiera, Canigiani said that 'Eagle shirt won't return next season, but perhaps something even more incredible than return of eagle shirt'. It's curious cliffhanger, supposedly about next season shirts.

Must say I'm already impatient.  :razz:

Wonder if that's what will premiere in the Coppa final.

Yeah and what could be more unexpected than maglia bandiera has been? Really, how many of you expected to see maglia bandiera ever again?

I'm thinking about crest from that period. Maybe with some restyling, to make duo deja vu.

Perhaps without outside line, with more "lively" aquila? Don't know, just guessing what would be even more incredible.

I got that tattooed and I want it back on our jerseys. The one we have now is golden ( :beer:) but this one is if you ask me, a masterpiece.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12