Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: LazioLand Player of the Season 2016-17  (Read 1457 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
LazioLand Player of the Season 2016-17
« on: May 08, 2017, 12:36:55 PM »

Now that we've secured a place in Europe and will most probably not have much but pride to play for in 10 days' time, if we want a good debate over the next few weeks, now is the time for the LazioLand Player of the Season poll.

The poll will remain open until the end of the month and your vote can be changed, so you can wait until the season is officially over or you can vote now and change it later if you've yet to make up your mind or want to see how the remaining games play out.

I've only listed players who are likely to start more than 50% of games. If you want to vote for someone who is not on the list, post your suggestion in the thread and we can add it.

:offlag:

dinhochester

• Maestrelli son's
Re: LazioLand Player of the Season 2016-17
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 12:39:23 PM »

The timing of this thread seems favour certain player on the rise... :razz:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 12:48:09 PM »

The timing of this thread seems favour certain player on the rise... :razz:

The timing is never going to be perfect. If we wait a few weeks, a certain player having a big game in the Coppa or someone hitting form in the last three games is going to impact on results. The problem with waiting until the end of the season is that people disappear from the forum so you get less votes and a less representative poll.

Since we've secured Europe - our stated goal - it makes sense to me to try and get everyone to vote and discuss now. Like I said, anyone can change their vote in three weeks or wait if they want.

Stefano6

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 01:02:07 PM »

Its player of the season, not players of the last month, so I hope people remember that!  :bravo:

Theres been a few players who have performed consistently well over the course of the season, but ive gone for Immobile.
Hes given his all every game, runs his socks off, and has scored more than I think was expected from him.
He was something of a gamble considering his 2 previous seasons, but its paid off in a big way.

dinhochester

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 01:12:04 PM »

To be fair, why dont we just count using the player performance thread in the matches thread group?
Just count the Lazioland polls.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 01:22:04 PM »

To be fair, why dont we just count using the player performance thread in the matches thread group?
Just count the Lazioland polls.

The LazioLand polls might not be that relevant to this vote. Perhaps the best player this season is someone who was not the best player in any particular game and therefore didn't win any polls, but has played at a high standard across the season or perhaps the player who has won the most polls is someone who has had 4-5 excellent games but has been ordinary as a whole.

Feel free to use the polls to determine your vote or to use it as a guide, but I think it's best we do a vote in this way as it's what we've always done. But if a lot of people think we shouldn't do this poll and just select a player based on the match polls, we can do that in the future.

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 01:22:32 PM »

Vote for Ciro. The first player in Lotito era who scores more than 20 goals in a season. Someone who is not only a finisher, but also someone who run his ass off the entire game n opening space to the other player.

I see the temporary result, the poll doesnt favour any particular player. Immobile still leading with FA n Sergej (guess who voted him? :razz:) share one vote.
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
A ROMA LA LAZIO C'E SOLO LA LAZIO!!! FORZA LAZIO!!!

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 01:26:00 PM »

This was actually quite hard one. Overall the season has been a great success and there are several players who have had a great season. I always rate players who can keep good level of playing throughout the whole season and not the ones who had highest peaks but struggled somewhere in middle.

So I chose Felipe Anderson. He has been steadily good/great the whole season - created chances, kept running, helped defence, dribbled, assisted and scored some. He probably had like 2-3 poor games but overall he's been great. Not a world class player but really important player for Lazio and showed that we don't miss Candreva at all.

Immobile would be my number two choice. Scored impressive amount of goals and always fighting and running. But he had 2 months where he couldn't score a goal even though he had great chances pretty much every game. Not a world class striker but fits amazingly well in Inzaghi's style.

Third would most likely be Lulic. I don't rate his skills highly but his workrate, attitude and versatility is unique and every team needs players like him. He's not a player who will break defences with his skills at the start of the game but he is the player who will beat tired defenders after ~70 minutes of playing and that's where he really excels, finding space at the end of the games and making crucial assists/goals when needed.

Surprise of the season: Strakosha. I didn't expect to see him playing this season even if I knew Marchetti would be injured a lot. But Inzaghi trusted in him and he showed that he is cabable of playing in the Serie A level. There are still lots of mistakes but he has good reflexes and looks hungry to get better. This season has been great experience for him and expect him to continue growing. Definitely want him to stay even if he wouldn't be our number 1 choice next season.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 01:37:02 PM »

I voted for Immobile. I think he's played at a very high level all season and I think his goalscoring exploits have made it an easy choice in the end.

Anderson has played at a consistently high level this season and certainly deserves to do well in this poll, but I can't get away from the fact that he's played almost 90 minutes every game and it took him a penalty yesterday to get his 4th Serie A goal of the season. As a winger, that's not a good enough return especially when the kid who has spent much of the season on the bench was scoring his 14th yesterday.

So many other players had great seasons but didn't deliver the consistency Immobile and Anderson did, be it through injury or not breaking into the team for a while or just being a bit inconsistent or whatever.

LazialefromGhent

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 01:39:23 PM »

Definitely Immobile for me. He always gave a full 100% on the pitch. Pushing his teammates, proud to wear our jersey and make it wet.

Also off the pitch he is a great person, real Laziale!
-AVE LAZIO POPULUS TUUS TE ACCLAMAT-
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6