Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: LazioLand Player of the Season 2016-17  (Read 1461 times)

hamid

• LF Legend
Re: LazioLand Player of the Season 2016-17
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 02:00:25 PM »

I will vote at the end of the season. But my pick will probably be between Keita, Sergej and Imobile.
we breathe LAZIO

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 03:05:20 PM »

I think that Immobile was the player that lifted us with his goals this season. 22+ goals is a lot and we did not see such numbers since Crespo was here. So yeah - Immobile was for me decisive this season.

Keita started bad but finished as the most promising player in Serie A and one of the most promising in the world. It's unbelievable that he managed 14 goals starting only 75% of the time. So I would call him our best player under 25 this season.

From the veterans, I think that Lulic had an exceptional season.  Always put effort, gave a lot of assists. Biglia was also consistent. Parolo seemed rather on a down slope and so did Radu.

A special note on Felipe: I think that he had a good season, but to be honest I am a bit dissapointed. Yes, it was a good season for a good player. But this was not a world class season if you ask me.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 03:59:22 PM »

It isn't as difficult to choose a selection for player of the season as it has been in some recent seasons because we have been successful and players have generally performed to a decent level throughout to achieve the good results. There are several viable options rather than just one certainty or no standout player at all.

It would be difficult not to vote for Immobile purely on the reasons listed above. We haven't had a 20 goal striker in recent years and even the great Miro couldn't hit that mark so Ciro has been an unequivocal success. Having a enviable work rate as well just makes him even more likeable as a player!

Keita is young player of the season for us and probably Serie A as a whole. So what if he only recently exploded into form, his ability was bubbling under earlier on and we all knew he could hit something like his current level if he got a regular starting place.

Milinkovic-Savic has not been consistent but has been crucial at times with his strength and a few goals and latterly his decisive passing and more creativity. He might make mistakes or not dominate midfield in certain games but we have to remember his age and the fact it is only really his first season as a definite starter here. Like Keita, he has so much potential.

Biglia, Lulic and Anderson have all had more consistent seasons than Keita or Milinkovic but none have been standout performers and, as draz noted, perhaps we expected more from them at times. Anderson in particular has not been our key man when perhaps he started the season with that title on his shoulders in my opinion. Nothing hugely spectacular and little of the magic we saw previously. Don't misunderstand me, he has been decent enough but hasn't really shone, although work rate and general tactical nous has improved in his game.

It's probably obvious that none of the defence are mentioned much in this discussion. Nobody has been terrible throughout but equally all our myriad options have suffered ups and downs with mistakes at times. Hoedt has been on an upward trajectory since gaining Inzaghi's trust, De Vrij has been generally good but not always as good as he could and Wallace has recovered well recently from being dropped earlier on.

Someone made special mention for Strakosha and I think he certainly deserves credit for stepping in and showing maturity beyond his years for the most part. Mistakes and lapses are understandable and should not tarnish a good breakthrough season for him. Whether Marchetti remains or not, I hope Thomas gets a fair crack at retaining the number one shirt next season.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 04:01:15 PM by Ed »
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 04:37:05 PM »

If I could vote for the real MVP imo of the season, it would be Inzaghi. I always hoped he would have what it takes, but he surpassed even my wildest dreams. To go into the season without replacing Candreva on the wings and in January to really thin out the squad took courage. Whether people believe Lotito was being cheap or Inzaghi trusted in what he had is besides the point as he used what he had and got incredible results. We are 2 points away from our highest ever points total.

Since the poll is obviously about players I have gone for Immobile. I was over the moon when we signed him and he really didn't let us down. Always fighting, and he may take a crazy shot rather than pass at times but that just shows me he is purely thinking about goals, and that's all I can ask from our centre forward. His work rate is second to none.

But I also want to point out that this season's success goes to everyone. Every single player in our roster as it stands has had a role to play in getting us where we are, even Alberto with his goal in Genoa. This is the most satisfying aspect of the season. 

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 08:51:05 PM »

Well, like Gio just said if the poll weren't for players only Inzaghi would be the man of the season for Lazio.

But now for the player, this season we suddenly have a luxuary in choices:

Sergej : 7 assists - 4 goals (+ 3 goals - assist Coppa)
Lulic: 9 assists - 3 goals (+ 1 assist Coppa)
Felipe : 9 assists - 4 goals (+ 2 assists - 1 goal Coppa)

These stats above are worth mentioning.

Keita: 3 assists, 14 goals
Ciro: 6 assists, 22 goals (+ 3 goals Coppa)

As i always vote statistical for such a poll Ciro would be a shoe in of course but the midfield behind him made a lot possible.  And of course Keita's uprising has been exiting.

But since we can't get around his numbers and his hard work game after game i'll just go for Ciro right away.

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 09:51:28 PM »

So many players had great seasons so it's a bunch to chose from. Ciro being the obvious one but my vote will go to Sergej. A totally different player from his first season. It took him a year to acclimatize and he's looking so much more comfortable and dominating now in his second year.

7 goals and 8 assists. Pretty much all of them decisive. Gamechangers. Gamewinners.

- Assisted Ciro for our 1st goal against Atalanta. Giving Ciro his debut goal in his debut game which made wonders for his confidence going on to score 20+.
- Broke the deadlock against Pescara, where we all were cursing another game where we couldn't score against a defensive bottom of the table team, with a crazy header from out of this world.
- Assisted for the 1st goal against Udinese.
- Scored the only goal against Palermo with a cheeky flick.
- Scored the 1st goal against Sampdoria.
- Assisted for the 1st goal against Fiorentina
- When our season was in the balance and Atalanta led 0-1 very undeservedly, he scored just before HT to boost our morale and we went on to win 2-1.
- Came on as sub when we looked like losing it all against Genoa in the Coppa, going from 2-0 to 2-2, scored after 10 minutes to put us through to the next round.
- Scored the 1st goal against merda in the 1st leg.
- Assisted Ciro with a great through ball to make it 0-2 away to Bologna.
- Scored the 1st and assisted the 2nd with a great pass to Ciro in the 2nd leg.
- Assisted for Ciro's 2nd against Palermo
- Fine assist to Keita and 1-0 in the derby
- Another splendid through ball for Keita and 1-0 against Sampdoria.

SMS has been playing on a high level all season with very few bad games. Most headers won in the league I believe. Starting to be a very complete midfielder and also very important - commiting to the club by putting pen to paper on a contract extension.

Or the short version, when you score two and assist one against merda in one season you're the player of the season  :beer:

Watch him decide the Coppa final as well...
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

dinhochester

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 01:44:58 AM »

7 goals and 8 assists. Pretty much all of them decisive. Gamechangers. Gamewinners.

What a post Rizmo.
Other players give good performance but Sergej gives us the wins exactly when needed the most.
I agree, games changer.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 08:24:05 AM »

Rizmo is dinhochester's brother from another mother  :wow:

There's still time, maybe Patric comes on late in Coppa to score a hattrick to win the title
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 09:48:21 AM »

this just shows you what a good season we had when we have so many players to chose from.
but for me it has to be between SMS and Immobile, and I am still not decided between them hence I am waiting for the coppa final to decide.
Immobile will finish close to 30 goals between serie A and coppa, that is Huge.
SMS is the one that made the big difference for us this year IMO,espcially against 1927 in coppa. he ran the midfeld like a king and TBH I think he will be one of the most sought after in Europe this year
Keita had a gr8 finish to the season and is a rising star, if he continues like this he will be the player of the year next year, but most his contribution were not decisive in most matches. scoring a hatrick ina game where we cored 6 is not game changing. but I credit him for the derby win last week , that was all him. I give him the man of the april

I'm still waiting the coppa final and will decide

christ_JM

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 10:29:20 AM »

Some very good posts in this thread.

This was actually quite hard one. Overall the season has been a great success and there are several players who have had a great season. I always rate players who can keep good level of playing throughout the whole season and not the ones who had highest peaks but struggled somewhere in middle.

Third would most likely be Lulic. I don't rate his skills highly but his workrate, attitude and versatility is unique and every team needs players like him. He's not a player who will break defences with his skills at the start of the game but he is the player who will beat tired defenders after ~70 minutes of playing and that's where he really excels, finding space at the end of the games and making crucial assists/goals when needed.

I voted for Lulic.

It was very tough. The win against Roma in the league was very important for not only the Coppa, but for next season. We have struggled to beat the "big" teams in the league and it looked like we would draw the Roma game again after being the better side, but Lulic was super important in the 2nd half and was able to have the composure and selflessness to run with the ball and pass to to Keita.

Anderson's end product (particularly shooting) has been poor by his standards but he has been in great positions.

Immobile is a great finisher but sometimes he rushes his first touch but he has been great.

Biglia's 2nd half to the season has been his best period of performance at Lazio imo. He has been offensively more apt and recovers more balls than previously.

To be honest, most players have performed well. It's strange to say that Parolo has had an "average" season when he scored 4 goals in a match. Unbelievable.

SMS and Basta have been great when utilised and become more of a threat this season also.

Onwards and upwards! :offlag:
Laziale!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6