Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wasted Talents  (Read 591 times)

Strategist

• Aquilotto
Wasted Talents
« on: May 13, 2017, 08:59:49 AM »

In the latest issue of FourFourTwo you will find an article about our very own Ravel Morrison, possibly the most talented player ever to set foot in Formello since Gazza - and, at the same time, the most self-destructive individual to have donned the Lazio jersey since, ehm, Gazza.

Knowing that many Lazioland members do not have access to the magazine, I've uploaded a copy of the article here: https://ibb.co/mUsaMQ
Esistono due modi per tornare dal campo di battaglia: con la testa del nemico, o senza la propria.

hamid

• LF Legend
Re: Wasted Talents
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 01:56:40 PM »

I never saw anything special from Morrison to call him a "Talent", except a few youtube videos of course!
we breathe LAZIO

Strategist

• Aquilotto
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 03:48:35 PM »

You never saw anything from him - period.
Neither Pioli, nor Inzaghi gave him any chances, and probably for a good reason. The eight games he played for Lazio -mostly as a sub- are very little playtime to judge whether he is a true talent or not.
That said, if Fergie says Ravel is a wasted football genius, who am I to question the dude's ability.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 03:50:18 PM by Strategist »
Esistono due modi per tornare dal campo di battaglia: con la testa del nemico, o senza la propria.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 04:24:10 PM »

There are pages and pages of discussion about Ravel and his supposed talent, but the facts are, regardless of how skillful he may be, the fact that he failed at Lazio is not a one off, but rather the latest in a long line of clubs who have given him a chance and regretted it.

There are a couple of us on this forum who have actually seen him play while he was in England, more than a 3 min Youtube clip, so I believe we are better placed to offer an opinion.

Im still amazed at what point people are finally going to give up on him. Hes had more chances than one person deserves and he throws away every one.

Theres only 2 reasons for that. Either, 1, hes not as good as people like to believe. Or 2, his attitude is not the attitude of a professional athlete.
Personally I think its both.

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 04:32:51 PM »

He only has 122 mins on England 2nd division so far. His coach saw him everyday in training n chose not to play him very much. I think it's enough to judge his ability. Words few years ago mean nothing now when we see the reality. Morrison is not the only overrated players in England, to be honest, they like to overhype every new young players.

There is one interesting line that I read in the link that you shared, Morrison is difficult to work with compared to the other players n the team always reluctant to take him away on three day trips abroad. Probably the best explanation why he rarely showed up in formello.
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
A ROMA LA LAZIO C'E SOLO LA LAZIO!!! FORZA LAZIO!!!

Morts

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 11:03:54 PM »

I remember watching him play a few times here in England; twice while playing for Birmingham and twice  when he was back at West Ham again and to be absolutely honest he did not leave me with the impression that he was a world-class midfielder in the making (I personally think his incubation period ended a few years ago)

The only thing that stood out for me was in one of the Hammers games he scored a spectacular goal but in my opinion that alone does not mean that he will turn into a world class player! I have seen just as spectacular goals scored in the Danish first division as well as the Australian A-League without any of those players ever being within reach of the label 'talent' or 'world-class'.

During a few of his loan-spells here in the UK he was often praised for his hard work and work attitude on the pitch however, I am still to see any proof of this!

If you compare him to the rest of 'Class of 1993' he is definitely the odd one out (okay, there are many more who did not make the cut, but none of them had the 'greatest talent' label)

Lukaku
Alex OX-CH
Lukas Digne
Nasti
Draxler
Pogba
Ross Barkley
Dybala

Just to mention a few... And although personal preferences and bias plays a massive role I find it impossible to even consider putting Ravel anywhere near that list!

He is yet another player who was hyped up and probably did not deserve the label in the first place however, when someone like Fergie talks people listen and considering the fact that MU got a great chunk of money for every game he played for hammers it does make sense.

To me he will always be another flop on the same list that includes Doherty, Timm, Januzaj and Macheda!

Morts
Laziale for more than 25 years with equal parts of passion, dedication and madness! Not always active in the forum as I travel much, but always active in my Lazio Heart! NON MOLLARE MAI  *Sydney - London - Denmark*

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 12:57:47 PM »

In the latest issue of FourFourTwo you will find an article about our very own Ravel Morrison, possibly the most talented player ever to set foot in Formello since Gazza - and, at the same time, the most self-destructive individual to have donned the Lazio jersey since, ehm, Gazza.

Knowing that many Lazioland members do not have access to the magazine, I've uploaded a copy of the article here: https://ibb.co/mUsaMQ

Did they mean the most talented English player to set foot in Formello since Gazza? That I can understand... :supsmile:

ForzaLazio

• Aquilotto
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 08:36:36 PM »

Morisson is a maximum pipe he didn't show anything in any professional club  :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
Pages: [1]