Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: COPPA ITALIA FINAL: Lazio-Juventus, Wednesday, 17-05-17  (Read 4285 times)

LaziAli

• LF Mods
  • Maestrelli son's
COPPA ITALIA FINAL: Lazio-Juventus, Wednesday, 17-05-17
« on: May 14, 2017, 02:45:05 AM »

:offlag: :offlag: :offlag:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:07:25 PM by LaziAli »
Unity in Diversity

dinhochester

• LF Legend
Re: COPPA ITALIA FINAL: Lazio-Juventus, Wednesday, 17-05-17
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 03:38:42 AM »

I am still disappointed with Inzaghi resting key players in Fiorentina match.
i just hope Sergej, Devrij, Basta, Lulic, and Biglia are well prepared for this match, because it has been longer than usual since they play a real match.
Parolo situation will decude how we will setup the midfield.
If Parolo is okay, then

Strakosha
             Bastos Devrij Radu
Basta Parolo Biglia Sergej Lulic
                         Keita
                     Immobile

Sub Luis in 2nd half if needed for Keita or Immobile.

If Parolo isnt okay, then dont force him.
I will put Luis Alberto as central midfielder ala Mauri.

Strakosha
        Bastos Devrij Radu
Basta Luis Biglia Sergej Lulic
                    Keita
                 Immobile

Tennis player Vitas Gerulaitis lost 16 times in a row to Jimmy Connors. he then won a game and said " and let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 04:37:40 AM by dinhochester »

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 07:38:37 AM »

I am still disappointed with Inzaghi resting key players in Fiorentina match.

I can't begin to tell you how much this statement is deluded.

Hope realise yourself one day ...  :roll_eyes:

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 09:28:42 AM »

I want to see that our players will not get into this match with big respect for Juve .
 I want to see Lulic-SMS mentality in field (dont F. care about Juve or .....)
 The only questions are :
 Keita/FA with Ciro
 Keita-FA (Keita in striker position)
 Radu in LB-Lulic in midfield -Parolo bench(isnt ready) or Lulic in LB with Parolo in midfield
         Strakosha
 Basta-Bastos-DV-Wallace-Lulic
     Parolo-Biglia-SMS
             Keita
              Ciro
Practice eset pieces during the weekend please
   :offlag:

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 02:21:46 PM »

LLSN reports that they are quite optimistic about Marco featuring in the final. I hope it will be so.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 02:59:27 PM »

LLSN reports that they are quite optimistic about Marco featuring in the final. I hope it will be so.
What is actually happened to him during fiorentina match?
I could not watch the game.
Someone said he had tendon issue.
if that is the case, i dont think that 4 days are enough to recover.
Thr last thing i want is inzaghi forcing playing parolo when be is not 100 per cent.
We can utilize luis Alberto as a central midfielder and Sergej will be tasked more defensively.

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 06:32:03 PM »

I really don't understand this issue about Viola game. Inzaghi played Parolo and look what happened. The game in Florence was meaningless for us, just a training game. Any coach would rest his key players in that game.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 07:34:01 PM »

I really don't understand this issue about Viola game. Inzaghi played Parolo and look what happened. The game in Florence was meaningless for us, just a training game. Any coach would rest his key players in that game.

There is no fuss. Some here are talking as if it's universally accepted that the right thing for a manager manager to do in our situation is to rest players. Well, it's not. Klopp did it earlier in Liverpool's season resting players in the cups to focus on the league and their league form fell to pieces. Mourinho did it last weekend saying Europa League was the priority and his team played like garbage on Thursday night.

If we win the cup or put in an incredible display in defeat, I'll hold up my hands and admit I'm wrong. But if I see players look off the pace or unmotivated, I'll be annoyed.

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 09:20:51 PM »

There is no fuss. Some here are talking as if it's universally accepted that the right thing for a manager manager to do in our situation is to rest players. Well, it's not. Klopp did it earlier in Liverpool's season resting players in the cups to focus on the league and their league form fell to pieces. Mourinho did it last weekend saying Europa League was the priority and his team played like garbage on Thursday night.

If we win the cup or put in an incredible display in defeat, I'll hold up my hands and admit I'm wrong. But if I see players look off the pace or unmotivated, I'll be annoyed.
Well, if the fact we are playing a coppa final at Olimpico against Juve beating merde in semifinal isn't motivation enough for our players, then it dosen't really matter what team played in Florence.
We are talking about one game here at the end of the season, Klopp and Mourinho have rested players for months now. Look what happened to Parolo. Should we have risked more players?

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 10:05:24 PM »

There are comments like Inzaghi threw the game at Viola.  Untill Sousa's 3 subs move we had the game and without Lombardi's unfortunate incident we come home with a point, taken with a B team away at Viola.  Everyone would have applauded i think.

De Vrij & Sergej weren't fit.  Further Simone opted to rest 5 more starting players.
Since Juve are resting 6 starting players tonight i don't see it being so unique.

My only issue was bringing Lombardi when having Crecco on the bench who has more defensive instincts, especially for a wingback position.  For the rest the team played well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21