Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Poll: Which emerging 'homegrown' player has the brightest future?  (Read 574 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend

I've been thinking about this today during and after discussions on the forum so I thought it would make an interesting off-season poll topic. Since we are required to register 'homegrown' talents in future Serie A and European squads, I thought it would be interest to see which player/s have taken the eye so far?

I've eliminated Keita and Cataldi from the poll as I'd consider them to have already made their breakthrough and their future is in doubt anyway. Also decided to avoid any on loan players who could remain elsewhere (Elez, Ikonomidis, Prce) or any player who has gone on loan but hasn't done enough to really merit being in this poll.

Poll is open for 7 days, keen to see everyone's thoughts and to discuss it a bit and it'll be fun to look back on this one in years to come.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
Re: Poll: Which emerging 'homegrown' player has the brightest future?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 07:02:24 PM »

Good idea but I haven't seen half of these players perform...Strakosha would be my pick now, but I want to see others too.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 07:07:55 PM »

I haven't seen half of these players perform...

No worries, that doesn't matter, everyone can vote on what they have seen. I know some people around here follow Primavera quite closely or will have seen some of the others in Serie B so I felt I should include them at least. Don't necessarily expect them to get votes.

LazialefromGhent

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 07:15:40 PM »

Best homegrown this season for me would with no doubt be Strakosha.

As for future I really hope some Italian and Roman players can become pivotal players in our XI.
Murgia is going in the good direction, he should gain some muscle and tactical insight though but is showing lots of promise. So he is my pick in this poll.

I'd love to see Inzaghi play Rossi more, he should have gotten more substitution roles instead of Djordjevic imo.

Also Lombardi has impressed me a few times, but he needs more playing time aswell.
-AVE LAZIO POPULUS TUUS TE ACCLAMAT-

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 07:33:17 PM »

Personally I think Strakosha is a good player, but I don't think he can be a superstar. I mean his potential ceiling is good enough for a top5 team in Serie A but I doubt he can be a goalkeeper for a top 10 team in the world.

I voted for Murgia although I'm not certain that he can be a top 10 midfielder in the world either. I just think that there are lots of potential unleashed there and with more experience he can become really good. Potentially future Italy national team star player.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 07:35:59 PM »

When is the primavera playing against merde?

mikitsi

• Aquilotto
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 07:45:59 PM »

I voted Murgia. Not so much thinking is he going to be superstar or not. But still like to see homegrown Italian player in Lazio jersey.

Cataldi4thewin

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 10:03:56 PM »

I put in my vote for Palombi. Probably the third time I mentioned his name this past month. He was instrumental in Inzaghi's primavera scudetto winning squad and I think Inzaghi would like to work with him again with the big boys. I expect Palombi to be the #3 striker in line behind Immobile and our next signing to come with Djordevic disappearing one way or another. He personally had a positive experience at Ternana where Liverani is coach and plays with Ledesma and Diakite. I think Palombi might be ready to make the jump and will surprise people how good a finisher he is. He plays with a lot of passion and this is a really good opportunity for Inzaghi to adopt him back. This season might be the start of something special between the relationship of Palombi and Laziali. Im not saying he's going to tear it up immediately, but he will satisfy us in his minor role he will play to start off.. Inzaghi willing.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 10:05:45 PM by Cataldi4thewin »
Lazio need more Romans

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 12:31:07 AM »

I believe Portanova should qualify for this poll.
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Evesto

• LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 12:52:55 AM »

Palombi and Germoni are seemingly talented but i have yet to see them play.
For the rest of the list only 2 players emerge, Strakosha and Murgia.
Don't think any of the rest have shown ability to suggest becoming an important player.

Both should stay in the first team next season.
I voted Murgia now, because i think he had it tougher to get into the squad.
I understand that's not totally fair on Strakosha who is practicly first goalie now but we can only pick one.
Pages: [1] 2