Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43

Author Topic: Lazio Pre-Season (2017)  (Read 14346 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Lazio Pre-Season (2017)
« on: June 07, 2017, 10:20:30 AM »

Let's use this topic to discuss Lazio's pre-season campaign.

It is believed Lazio will be at Auronzo di Cadore from 9th July to 22nd July, ending the retreat with a friendly against newly-promoted SPAL. The team will then have three days rest before heading to Marienfeld in Germany from July 26th to August 6th. Friendlies are said to be lined up with Borussia Mönchengladbach and Hamburg. There is a chance the dates of this camp might change as Inzaghi has apparently requested a week at Formello to prepare for the Supercoppa on 13th August.

To my knowledge, none of this is set in stone but these are the rumoured plans.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Lazio Pre-Season (2017)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 07:03:18 PM »

According to reports, Luca Germoni, Ale Rossi, Simone Palombi, Lorenzo Filippini and Chris Ikonomidis will go to ritiro.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 07:24:55 PM »

According to reports, Luca Germoni, Ale Rossi, Simone Palombi, Lorenzo Filippini and Chris Ikonomidis will go to ritiro.

Inzaghi made a call last season that Ikonomidis had no place in the Lazio squad and Ikonomidis seems to have vindicated that decision with his performances in Denmark.

So it's interesting if he heads to Auronzo di Cadore. What's the chances Ikonomidis is going to be given a shot purely because Lazio don't want to misevaluate his spell in Denmark like they did with a certain Josip Elez?  :whistle:

Danes

• Aquilotto
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 07:38:14 PM »

As an AGF supporter I can say that Josip Elez was a revelation when playing in Denmark. He played like a guy who had played 300 games or something. Ikonomidis has on the other hand shown nothing. I was really excited when AGF brought him in. He started decent but lost his place and in general seemed like he was out of his league. Plenty of times he tried to take on his man but rarely got past him. He has a lot of chances but only scored once I think. I would be really really REALLY surprised if he can cut it at Lazio.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 07:45:55 PM »

As an AGF supporter I can say that Josip Elez was a revelation when playing in Denmark. He played like a guy who had played 300 games or something. Ikonomidis has on the other hand shown nothing. I was really excited when AGF brought him in. He started decent but lost his place and in general seemed like he was out of his league. Plenty of times he tried to take on his man but rarely got past him. He has a lot of chances but only scored once I think. I would be really really REALLY surprised if he can cut it at Lazio.

Thanks for that. Would you say there are any characteristics in the league in general that he has struggled with or do you just think he isn't that good?

Danes

• Aquilotto
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 07:57:42 PM »

Thanks for that. Would you say there are any characteristics in the league in general that he has struggled with or do you just think he isn't that good?

He would probably benefit from a lot of hours in the gym bulking up. He seems like he has decent pace and plenty of spark, but it seemed like the defenders had an easy time outmuscling him and that was apparently all it took to take him out. Its not like the league is overly physical. There are a fair amount of small technical players that are doing well in the league. Elez on the other was a confident defender, didn't have any problems in taking the ball and taking it 20-30 meters up the pitch. Really assured and an awesome set piece taker as well.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 08:24:00 PM »

He would probably benefit from a lot of hours in the gym bulking up. He seems like he has decent pace and plenty of spark, but it seemed like the defenders had an easy time outmuscling him and that was apparently all it took to take him out. Its not like the league is overly physical. There are a fair amount of small technical players that are doing well in the league. Elez on the other was a confident defender, didn't have any problems in taking the ball and taking it 20-30 meters up the pitch. Really assured and an awesome set piece taker as well.

Thanks  :beer:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 09:01:06 PM »

Never ever believed in Ikonomidis, since the first pre season friendly i saw him in.
Seems the club really missed the boat there with Elez.

Strange that Prce isn't named for ritiro?

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 09:04:16 PM »

Never ever believed in Ikonomidis, since the first pre season friendly i saw him in.

Price is on loan at Brescia until 2018.

Ikonomidis' intelligence is what made him stand out in Primavera. Problem is, experienced centre-backs are not as dumb as 17 year-old kids, blunt as that may sound.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 09:10:59 PM »

Price is on loan at Brescia until 2018.

Ikonomidis' intelligence is what made him stand out in Primavera. Problem is, experienced centre-backs are not as dumb as 17 year-old kids, blunt as that may sound.

Nah, i don't take that as blunt, it's just the nature of things.
Tounkara shined there to, look at him now.
The difference between Serie A and primavera is huge.

Okay, so Prce on 2y loan.
Wonder how things will turn out for Lombardi and Crecco this summer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43