Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Lazio Pre-Season (2017)  (Read 6617 times)

Giolazio

• LF Legend
Re: Lazio Pre-Season (2017)
« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2017, 10:00:21 PM »

Bottom line is Anderson is being transformed into being able to play Keita's role and there's no way one of them is the other's understudy.

Now if Inzaghi is using 3-5-2 as a base formation to work on this summer with a view to being able to play variations of it during the season, then we shouldn't read much into it. But that is unlikely.

While it could mean in all likelihood that Keita is being sold, I think Inzaghi would be dumb to not look at other options for Anderson and a vice-Keita as we have 3 competitions and we can't always play Keita - Immobile upfront.

avushka

• Aquilotto
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2017, 12:43:37 PM »

Already a done deal - Lucas Leiva’s Liverpool career appears to be drawing to an end with Lazio lodging a £5 million bid.  :bravo:

Lucas is due to face Wigan tonight in his club’s second friendly of pre-season, but his participation in that match is currently in doubt as negotiations continue this afternoon. Looking forward  :sciarpa05: Look up for the schedule https://777score.com/football/teams/lazio-2153 Juventus on board soon.. :ohnoo:

Evesto

• LF Legend
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2017, 08:33:18 PM »

Without trying to create rumours or stories, some player chose to spend their day off together up and about :

- former primavera's : Strakosha, Crecco, Lombardi

- the dutch speaking bunch : De Vrij, Hoedt, Kishna, Lukaku

- the samba-alliance : Felipe Luiz, Bastos, Wallace, Anderson

- the balkan group : Sergej, Marusic, Djordjevic, Basta, Vargic

- and Patric went solo (because Keita is with his girl in Milano  :vcool:)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #173 on: July 18, 2017, 06:09:33 PM »

Today's training line-ups are... interesting...

(3-5-2): Strakosha; Wallace, Luiz Felipe, Hoedt; Marusic, Oikonomidis, Luis Alberto, Lulic, Lombardi; Djordjevic, Felipe Anderson.

(4-2-3-1): Vargic (Guerrieri); Basta, Bastos, De Vrij, Radu; Murgia, Milinkovic; Patric, Palombi, Crecco; Immobile.

So we have 4-2-3-1 for the first time under Inzaghi (?), Palombi in a deeper role, Patric in a more advanced role, Bastos in the back four where he's supposedly not comfortable.

Looks like we might be seeing system changes throughout 2017-18.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #174 on: July 18, 2017, 06:19:50 PM »

In other news, Malaga - Lazio scheduled for 5th August at 20:30 CET.

Evesto

• LF Legend
« Reply #175 on: July 18, 2017, 06:27:24 PM »

(3-5-2): Strakosha; Wallace, Luiz Felipe, Hoedt; Marusic, Oikonomidis, Luis Alberto, Lulic, Lombardi; Djordjevic, Felipe Anderson.

(4-2-3-1): Vargic (Guerrieri); Basta, Bastos, De Vrij, Radu; Murgia, Milinkovic; Patric, Palombi, Crecco; Immobile.

So we have 4-2-3-1 for the first time under Inzaghi (?), Palombi in a deeper role, Patric in a more advanced role, Bastos in the back four where he's supposedly not comfortable.

I'm guessing the 4231 is to accomodate the test with Bastos in a 4 man backline with De Vrij. 
I've been waiting for this, working Bastos in to that position. 
My favoured type of defensive duo, a  footballing CB and a breaker.

What interests me is that Luiz keeps playing central CB in a 352. 
I would have expected Hoedt or Wallace to replace De Vrij there. 

Kishna isn't playing and he's fit, transfer to Benevento .... ?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:34:13 PM by Evesto »

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #176 on: July 18, 2017, 06:33:27 PM »

I argued vehemently last season that 4-2-3-1 wasn't as much as a fit for this team as many here argued, but looking at our team and the way the market is going, it's making a lot of sense, especially if Keita leaves.

SMS, Anderson and Luis Alberto would all naturally enjoy playing behind Immobile. Murgia can also play behind the striker. So could Di Gennaro if he arrives. Lulic also knows that system well. Crecco, Lombardi, Ikonomidis and seemingly Palombi and Patric are all potential options too.

We basically have 11 players who could play in a postion that doesn't exist in a 3-5-2 so for that reason, 4-2-3-1 begins to look credible in my opinion. Especially as I think a Leiva - Parolo pairing in that system might work a treat.

Evesto

• LF Legend
« Reply #177 on: July 18, 2017, 06:42:24 PM »

I argued vehemently last season that 4-2-3-1 wasn't as much as a fit for this team as many here argued, but looking at our team and the way the market is going, it's making a lot of sense, especially if Keita leaves.

SMS, Anderson and Luis Alberto would all naturally enjoy playing behind Immobile. Murgia can also play behind the striker. So could Di Gennaro if he arrives. Lulic also knows that system well. Crecco, Lombardi, Ikonomidis and seemingly Palombi and Patric are all potential options too.

We basically have 11 players who could play in a postion that doesn't exist in a 3-5-2 so for that reason, 4-2-3-1 begins to look credible in my opinion. Especially as I think a Leiva - Parolo pairing in that system might work a treat.

I remember those discussions as i was also one of the few against playing Keita in a 4231 on the left.
Lulic on the left and Leiva joining Parolo indeed changes that completely.
Biglia leaving puts swipes the basic 433 formed with Pioli of the table.
But 433 with the point forward or a 4231 can be more or less thesame, depending on the personal used.

torsten

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #178 on: July 18, 2017, 06:45:39 PM »

Could be, could also be to learn the players to positioning themselves for different formations.
Alessandro Nesta, Fernando Couto, Stefano Fiore, Tommaso Rocchi, Stefano Mauri, Giuseppe Biava, Federico Marchetti, Danilo Cataldi, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Simone Inzaghi

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #179 on: July 18, 2017, 07:00:12 PM »

Ok, Inzaghi tried different line-ups and now there's confusion over the formation. It seems the media can't work out if 3-5-2, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 is being played at any one time.

LLSN saying the following:

(4-2-3-1): Vargic; Wallace, Luiz Felipe, Hoedt, Lulic; Oikonomidis, Luis Alberto; Marusic, Felipe Anderson, Lombardi; Rossi

(4-4-2): Stakosha (Guerrieri); Bastos, de Vrij, Radu, Patric; Basta, Milinkovic, Murgia, Crecco; Palombi, Immobile

Lazialita' going with this:

(4-4-2) – Vargic; Wallace, Luiz Felipe, Hoedt, Lulic; Marusic, Oikonomidis, Luis Alberto, Lombardi; Felipe Anderson, Rossi.

(3-5-2) – Strakosha (Guerrieri); Bastos, de Vrij, Radu; Basta, Milinkovic-Savic, Murgia, Crecco, Patric; Immobile, Palombi.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25