Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Luis Muriel or Alejandro Gomez?  (Read 1297 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Luis Muriel or Alejandro Gomez?
« on: June 14, 2017, 10:10:05 PM »

Let's try something different - a transfer poll!

Muriel or Gomez are both being linked heavily with Lazio as potential replacements for Keita. Would probably cost a similar sum of money so assuming you could choose one or the other, who do you go for? And of course... why?

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
Re: Luis Muriel or Alejandro Gomez?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 10:29:28 PM »

Papu. We cant afford to stay out of urope and i am going for the safer older bet. Muriel is too much of a gamble if you ask me.
FORZA LAZIO!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 11:02:20 PM »

I picked Gomez but with strings attached.  It depends on a fair transferprice or not.  He's 29y old and just had his first convincing season.  He's no certainty to deliver.  Big positive, experience and seemingly fit to go all season.

Did not pick Muriel mostly because of a vary obvious past full of fitness issues.  He's certainly not the type that goes an entire season, and we really need to have a season for once with a fit group again.  Samp is going to want above 10mill for sure and Lazio cannot spend this on a player that struggels to stay fit.

Besides all that the choice just looking at last season would be very difficult.  Gomez had a terrific season for the first time in his career at 29.  Muriel at 26 had his first great season because of having less fitness or injury troubles for once.

It feels like Gomez is the safer bet, but not for a crazy amount.

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 11:18:51 PM »

Muriel. Why? He is younger and as Evesto said, Papu had his first great season at the age of 29. Can he handle the presure in Rome?

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 11:35:39 PM »

Papu Gomez.
Like Evesto mentioned, Muriel seems have a trouble in fitness department,.
We have to stay away from players with this kind of issue.

flurffmeister

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 11:42:22 PM »

As much as i'd like to have another Argentinean in our squad but i will go with Muriel for one simple reason , we are spending aproximately 15 million euros on 30 years old Papu(8million plus Berisha estimated at 7) at 30 papu can give us at most 2 good seasons and then he will decline would spend 15 million on a 30 years old winger?
Il tricolore non cancella l'odore.
Lotito Vattene.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 11:44:26 PM »

I voted Muriel for the same reason flurff did. Alejandro Gomez has no real resale value so for that deal to be worthwhile, he needs to show the form of his life for 2-3 seasons at Lazio. Whereas Muriel, for all my doubts about him, will hold value which makes the deal less of a risk.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 12:09:59 AM »

I would have voted neither if that was an option..

Both of them are overpriced for what they will deliver and I feel we should be investing in other positions first. I liked the Muriel player who used to be deadly on counter attacks, but in recent years he got fat and slow..

As for Gomez, I'd only take him if it on a bargain. He's way too old for us to put down a significant amount of money on him..

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

stefano_40

• Aquilotto
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 12:22:09 AM »

Both of them are overpriced for what they will deliver and I feel we should be investing in other positions first. I liked the Muriel player who used to be deadly on counter attacks, but in recent years he got fat and slow..

As for Gomez, I'd only take him if it on a bargain. He's way too old for us to put down a significant amount of money on him..

What he said  :whistle:
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 12:28:12 AM »

Neither of them would be on my personal list either. Picked Gomez because the it's a poll, and then for the reasons mentioned.  29 yes, but he's a very fit guy, can't see why he couldn't give 4 decent seasons.

The resale value of course is a very valid point, didn't think of this.  But i still can't find myself picking Muriel at some point.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4