Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Luis Muriel or Alejandro Gomez?  (Read 1658 times)

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
Re: Luis Muriel or Alejandro Gomez?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 01:52:04 AM »

You should have put an option for not wanting any of them and I know you are already thinking about doing it next time  :twinkle:. That said, I would like to see Gomez here teaming up with Immobile and Milinkovic Savic but my concern is that if he does not perform well we are in deep shit. It would be a very big miss if the amount reported is true.

Gomez could progress in Lazio simply because he would play with better players. But unless he makes a boom in his first year we would never be able to get that money back. And that is my concern, we simply cannot spend so much money on one player. Reports these days say that we offer 20 for Gomez, 15 for Muriel, 15 for Jemerson, 14 for Caio...when have we offered that much money to anyone in one window? I think all these rumors are bullshit. Would Lotito really give 20 millions to Atalanta? Jovetic costs around 10 and he is a proven player. Had his ups and downs but a good player. Never understood why we never went for him.

Muriel was great before but now he looks like Ronaldo. Chubby would have to have great season to come close to the standard of our current players. But maybe that is exactly what he needs? He has been playing for Sampdoria since I can remember and Lazio can be the chance he might be waiting for a long time. The price on him is crazy. Would not pay him more than 10 millions and maybe a bonus if he plays well.

:beer:

Cataldi4thewin

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 03:01:28 AM »

Gomez is three years older than Muriel and if they were the same age Gomez would be worth three times more.

Saying Gomez only had 1 good year is harsh. This one previous year he was just spectacular. Like Wow, holy shit this guy is beating his marker on demand. There is something special with that Atalanta team. Very solid with a great mix of youth and experience, so I must credit players and staff entirely for the revelation. Gomez though was special. Offensively speaking, my MVP this season would go to Mertens and runner up Gomez.

If we buy Gomez, do not think to sell him. At 29, we get 3 great seasons out of him. If lucky and turns into a Di Natale then maybe more and Lazio would get a bargain for 20 Mill. Listen, you get what you pay for and if Lazio buy him, that means they are transitioning into a buyer club and out of a selling club. It would be very ambitious to buy Gomez knowing he has 3 great years in him. If you want to challenge for Champions League next season, you get Gomez not Muriel.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 03:17:43 AM by Cataldi4thewin »
Lazio need more Romans

randy_laziale

• Aquilotto
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 04:47:44 AM »

If we buy Gomez, do not think to sell him. At 29, we get 3 great seasons out of him. If lucky and turns into a Di Natale then maybe more and Lazio would get a bargain for 20 Mill. Listen, you get what you pay for and if Lazio buy him, that means they are transitioning into a buyer club and out of a selling club. It would be very ambitious to buy Gomez knowing he has 3 great years in him. If you want to challenge for Champions League next season, you get Gomez not Muriel.

Agree, do not think to sell him again after 2 or 3 years.. just maximize his 2-3 years at Lazio.. prefer Gomez than Muriel.. subjective opinion : love to see another Argentinian in Lazio.. just remember the good old days, Almeyda, Veron, Simeone..  yeah i know Gomez is no Veron though..

:band04: :band04: :band04:

darran

• Aquilotto
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 05:20:33 AM »

I voted for Muriel as it largely makes more economical sense to get him. We are getting a player who has not reached his peak. Play our cards right and sort him out which I believe Inzaghi will be able to, will see us getting a player who can deliver for at least 3 years and still command a good transfer fee should he decide to move on to a bigger club.

Papu Gomez on the other hand is 29 and seems more like a guarantee but age is going to come catching up. From then on, his value is just going to go on a downward trend and we will have a low probability of getting back most of our investment at that point of time.

mamangfreak

• Aquilotto
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2017, 05:48:33 AM »

difficult choice....but i prefer muriel over gomez.
if i see gomez in two years, he become one best underrated player in serie a. i want him at lazio.
BUT it's not about age and or too expesive (true what cataldi said), it's about style of play. if we saw gomez this season, he's not servant but finisher or poacher like immobile. which i doubt he want become servant and take immobile role, it's not good for immobile and lazio. different with muriel, this season he serve quagliarella maybe he willing serve immobile, although gomez overall better than muriel.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 06:04:32 AM »

Dont you guys who choose Muriel think that he is overweight and cant keep his fitness?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 06:07:09 AM by dinhochester »

Terzino

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 06:57:13 AM »

I find it interesting that Gomez is leading (10 to 7 at this moment). Muriel was an easy choice over Papu for me.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 08:08:29 AM »

You should have put an option for not wanting any of them and I know you are already thinking about doing it next time  :twinkle:.

I thought about it, but if I did that, it might not have been much of a poll because how many people would've voted "neither" because in an ideal world, we'd keep Keita? I know I would have.

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 08:19:15 AM »

I also dont want to pick any of them. Muriel has fitness issue n seemed overweight, while Gomez is aging, we should only go for players like Klose if we chase someone above 30. But if I have to choose, I'll vote Gomez because I like him since his days in Catania. Beside that, he has personal attachment with "black mamba". :razz:

Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
A ROMA LA LAZIO C'E SOLO LA LAZIO!!! FORZA LAZIO!!!

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 08:32:25 AM »

Papu Gomez without a doubt. the guy is a step above in serie A and was second best to only Mertens in my opinion.
he is only 29 and you make it seem like he is 40. who said only 2-3 years ? players tend to go at least to 33 or 34 these days, that is a full 5 years.
you need to look at it in this perspective... 15 mil over 5 years, that is 3mil per season + his salary. not that much I would say for a super talent

don't forget, we sold candreva for 22 mil and he is 29 also. and I rate papu much more. we are selling Biglia for 18 mil and he is 31. so basically in 2 years we can still sell Papu for 15 mil again if we want to
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4