Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Vintage thread - guys who made Lazio history  (Read 783 times)

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Vintage thread - guys who made Lazio history
« on: June 26, 2017, 10:13:52 PM »

We have shortage of this kind of threads on this forum (which is inexplicable and inexcusable for me, because Lazio history is rich of colorful characters, ups-and-downs, wins and losses as rare club history in world may brag about), so French magazine SoFoot may just help us to divert minds somewhere else in this hectic months of mercato where Lazio tifosi, traditionally, don't have much insight in club's targets and are constantly feed with 'esclusiva', 'fumata bianca' and 'ad un passo dalla...' shits that dull journalist throw up.

Anyway, SoFoot made a list of 50 person (football players, in this case) that made Lazio history and left biggest mark on one way or another. Today, SoFoot site acknowledge list of persons classified between position 50 and 25. Tomorrow will be persons from 25 to 4; second and third announced at Wednesday, while winner will be crowned at Thursday.
http://www.sofoot.com/les-50-joueurs-qui-ont-ecrit-l-histoire-de-la-lazio-du-50e-au-25e-444306.html

Here is the list

50: Anfilogino Guarisi
49: Mauro Zarate
48: Claudio Lopez
47: Karl-Heinze Riedle
46: Angelo Peruzzi
45: Goran Pandev
44: Juan Carlos Morrone
43: Hernan Crespo
42: Miroslav Klose
41: Diego Fuser
40: Christian Vieri
39: Alen Boksic
38: Lucas Castroman
37: Luca Marchegiani
36: Paolo Di Canio
35: Ruben Sosa
34: Sergio Conceicao
33: Matias Almeyda
32: Mario Frustalupi
31: Stefano Fiore
30: Tommaso Rocchi
29: Vladimir Jugovic
28: Senad Lulic
27: Roberto Mancini
26: Giuseppe Favalli
25: Fabio Poli

My intention is to hear your opinions - who made our Lazio proud and why?
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Vintage thread - guys who made Lazio history
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 10:26:51 PM »

One way or another..yeah with Fuser on that list I guess they don't only mean leaving a positive legacy  :beer:

It's hard to point out specific players because many of our past players deserves recognition and praise for their professionalism and dedication towards the club and shirt.

The thing that makes me sad is comparing our current team to the players on that list and the ones that will be shown tomorrow.

Lets go 30 years into the future...do you anticipate to see any of our current players on this type of list? Personally, I don't. It's impossible to predict the future, but outside of our primavera kids I don't foresee any current Lazio players turning into legends..

It's really hard for me to articulate what it is I am missing from our current team, but I guess desire is a word that comes close to it.

edit: there's also some players on that list who I don't think deserves to be on a list of Lazio legends..

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:29:07 PM by ilsemprelaziale »
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 10:58:47 PM »

Unfair and strange list.
 Castroman instead Boksic, Pandev instead Peruzzi.
 Sergio-Almayda better ranking than Marchegiani, Jugovic than Rocchi.....Fuser ?! Before Klose!
 Unacceptablle for me.

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 12:12:52 AM »

Yes, when you see Zarate's name there, you clearly understand that the list should not be taken seriously!
we breathe LAZIO

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 12:48:33 AM »

I expect Fiorini to win and tbh had to google Guarisi - I was familiar with the term of 'Brasilazio' but did not know names. Shame  :whistle:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 12:53:57 AM by Akha »
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 12:55:44 AM »

One way or another..yeah with Fuser on that list I guess they don't only mean leaving a positive legacy  :beer:

It's hard to point out specific players because many of our past players deserves recognition and praise for their professionalism and dedication towards the club and shirt.

The thing that makes me sad is comparing our current team to the players on that list and the ones that will be shown tomorrow.

Lets go 30 years into the future...do you anticipate to see any of our current players on this type of list? Personally, I don't. It's impossible to predict the future, but outside of our primavera kids I don't foresee any current Lazio players turning into legends..

It's really hard for me to articulate what it is I am missing from our current team, but I guess desire is a word that comes close to it.

edit: there's also some players on that list who I don't think deserves to be on a list of Lazio legends..

Lulic is going to be much higher than 28 on a list of Lazio legends in 30 years time and many others from the Lotito era are going to remain iconic in 2050 or whatever.

In 300 years time, the Lotito era is still going to be a historic period in our history. It's one thing not identifying with Lazio, it's another to not acknowledge their contribution.

Zarate is on the list for being the brightest hope the club has had under Lotito. Even Anderson and Keita haven't been able to capture hearts in Rome like Zarate.

Cataldi4thewin

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 04:14:14 AM »

Don't forget Zarate even sat with irriducibili and co operated doing the roman salute. He was also intstrumental helping us win a coppa italia.

Looking forward to the next list.
Lazio need more Romans

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 07:05:42 PM »

24: Guerino Gottardi
23: Paolo Negro e Fernando Couto
22: Sentimenti IV
21: Aldo Puccinelli
20: Pierluigi Casiraghi
19: Renzo Garlaschelli
18: Alessandro Calori  :razz:
17: Simone Inzaghi
16: Marcelo Salas
15: Paul Gascoigne
14: Juan Veron
13: Sinisa Mihajlovic
12: Bob Lovati
11: Giuliano Fiorini
10: Pavel Nedved
9: Luciano Re Cecconi
8: Vincenzo D’Amico
7: Pino Wilson
6: Diego Simeone
5: Silvio Piola
4: Bruno Giordano

sky blue is the color

mikitsi

• Aquilotto
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 07:11:55 PM »

21.6.1987 30 years ago Giuliano Fiorini made the most important goal in Lazio history.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 08:09:11 PM by mikitsi »

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 12:39:49 AM »

Regarding Fuser, he was instrumental in that era Lazio and one of the best that Italy had during that period (and wasn't easy to be one of best during that period). His best football came at Rome and that is fact.

Scare came later, from different reason.

With Zarate is hard to deny how much enthusiasm he created single-handedly. Was Signori from different decade and, unfortunately, lasted less long and less important.

Top three to be, as I see: 3. Beppegol; 2. Nesta and undisputed champion - Chinaglia.
sky blue is the color
Pages: [1] 2 3