Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Vintage thread - guys who made Lazio history  (Read 658 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Vintage thread - guys who made Lazio history
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 06:05:19 PM »

Guerino Gottardi was a utility player who was instrumental in the 1998 Coppa Italia success and therefore key in instigating much of the success we had under Cragnotti. Simone Inzaghi was also a vital player for us during those glory days.

Lucas Castroman scored one goal in the Derby della Capitale that cements his place in history forever, but he showed some real promise at Lazio overall, although he faded into obscurity soon after.

I think Mauri should be on the list, but I'm not sure about Ledesma and some of the others that have been mentioned. We're talking 50 players and that's not a lot of spaces for 117 years of history.

No way I'd have Siviglia near the list, but Dabo is an interesting shout.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 08:14:59 PM »

Mauri for sure should be there.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 09:46:59 PM »

Guerino Gottardi was a utility player who was instrumental in the 1998 Coppa Italia success and therefore key in instigating much of the success we had under Cragnotti. Simone Inzaghi was also a vital player for us during those glory days.

Lucas Castroman scored one goal in the Derby della Capitale that cements his place in history forever, but he showed some real promise at Lazio overall, although he faded into obscurity soon after.

I think Mauri should be on the list, but I'm not sure about Ledesma and some of the others that have been mentioned. We're talking 50 players and that's not a lot of spaces for 117 years of history.

No way I'd have Siviglia near the list, but Dabo is an interesting shout.

Ledesma scored at least 2 goals in the Derby, just like Stankovic...and if you ask me these two guys scored the most amazing goals in Derbies. If these things cement a player's place in our history then these two deserve it more than anyone else...no space for them is strange, same for Mauri who gave his career to Lazio.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 10:14:00 PM »

Some Derby goals are more important than others. Plenty of players with 2 or more Derby goals who are not on the list.

Cataldi4thewin

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 10:20:11 PM »

Perruzzi Oddo are some proud Laziali who won a World Cup in 06. I think its nice we had some representation from that incredible run. Mancini. Vieri.

These names above are just special mentions really.

Di Canio probably had one of the biggest image with Lazio. If he had stayed he would be really high up. 

I believe Candreva when he said he really wanted to be an icon of Lazio. Too bad for him, lost out on our captain who wants out. Now he can only be a special mention.

On that note, Liverani also served Lazio well.

A shoutout to Romagnoli who posted himself in a Lazio jersey once he got sold by rioma. That was pretty ballsy for his love for the shirt.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:24:32 PM by Cataldi4thewin »
Lazio need more Romans

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2017, 10:24:23 PM »

From current team, on some list to be made 2050, I can see only Lulic really and, if bit of luck help us and certain player commits to this club at some deeper level - Immobile.

There is more players that aren't mentioned on this list, some of them even committed most of their lives to Lazio and deserves to be there.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:33:18 PM by Crni Đorđe »
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2017, 12:22:25 AM »

Gottardi scored the goal and won the penalty in coppa of 98....but with big respect for him I dont think that he deserve the place in list.
 Castroman also scored in last minute for 2-2 ....Behrami in last min scored for 3-2 in derby...but I dont see them to be part of our list.
 Cragnotti times was great but player stay for two years and their possition are better than for players from champions team that was there for decade(example Veron-Simeone etc vs Negro-Pancaro-Favalli-Boksic....).
 Zarate in the list Ledesma-Mauri out of list ?!!!!!
 Strange list...Blacklist  :supsmile:

Morts

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2017, 10:28:41 AM »

How can anyone take this list serious without Keller in top 10??

On a more serious note, the exclusion of Mauri is mind-baffling. 3 Derby goals and 9.5 years at the club.  :what:
Laziale for more than 25 years with equal parts of passion, dedication and madness! Not always active in the forum as I travel much, but always active in my Lazio Heart! NON MOLLARE MAI  *Sydney - London - Denmark*

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2017, 02:00:37 PM »

It's a pretty good list. Maybe you'd include Mauri at Pandev's expense?
Castroman certainly made derby history but so did Behrami. Not that I'd include Avalon in such a list.
Then you have guys like our inaugural captain Sante Ancherani. There wouldn't be too many slur who know what he contributed to the club and I'm not one of them but it's a fair bet he made a massive impact on our history.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2017, 05:56:44 PM »

I like the bit of Maki etc. love and feel his absence kind of devalues this list, but in reality I think you are all right to say Mauri is the one obvious name missing. He might not have been the best player we've ever had but he was a long serving captain and even got better at scoring as he went on. Ledesma too deserves a mention because of longevity and stability through a chaotic period. The order is a bit strange at times, for example Favalli should be way higher than Pancaro and Couto and Klose did more for us than Vieri in his one season.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"
Pages: 1 2 [3]