Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: Adam Marušić  (Read 3875 times)

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
Re: Adam Marušić
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 01:31:14 AM »

I just hope that he can play some good matches before January.....

Amir

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 02:09:19 PM »

I am pretty confident Marusic will be a good signing. He must not rush though. It took Luis Alberto a full year to understand Serie A and how things go here.

Further to that, he has his compatriot in the same position from whom he can learn.
AVE LAZIO - Popolus tuus te acclamat

Cathal

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 02:18:01 PM »

There's no way a player who was predominantly a winger in Belgium was going to come Italy and play as a wing-back and hit the ground running. There's a lot to learn.

But with that in mind, I can't understand how he's seeing so much action already and as much as I recognise there are areas of his game that need to improve, I'm not quite sure I'm seeing the attitude I expected from him. He doesn't seem very willing to do the dirty work which is required of a player in his position.

LazioKosovo

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 02:23:01 PM »

I am pretty confident Marusic will be a good signing. He must not rush though. It took Luis Alberto a full year to understand Serie A and how things go here.

Further to that, he has his compatriot in the same position from whom he can learn.

Compatriot???hmmm,,,,,ko zna, shvatice

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 02:32:03 PM »

I'm not quite sure I'm seeing the attitude I expected from him. He doesn't seem very willing to do the dirty work which is required of a player in his position.
Yes, this is important. he seems not aggresive or like making challenges.
This is not easy to change.
As you said, very important attribute for a wingbacks.
It seems that both him and Lukaku might not suitable for wing backs and might more suitable in more attacking position.

blue_sky

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 03:09:19 PM »

I'm not quite sure I'm seeing the attitude I expected from him. He doesn't seem very willing to do the dirty work which is required of a player in his position.
Yes, this is important. he seems not aggresive or like making challenges.
This is not easy to change.
As you said, very important attribute for a wingbacks.
It seems that both him and Lukaku might not suitable for wing backs and might more suitable in more attacking position.
I see it as a process to adapt Italian football. DV, Hoedt and Wallace were in first years who very naive. DV now when he faces a stronger attackers, he will do everything to stop him. Only Bastos is a way too late.
Marusic and Lukaku are also in level where I called it slow progress. Among all, only DV adaptation is the highest. Then Alberto

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 04:07:43 PM »

It seems to become pretty standard that Inzaghi brings in Lukaku and Marusic as subs in the second half. This works because both are physical players that can push a tired opponent. So not the worst idea. i don't really think that either of them is ready to be a starter.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 04:43:05 PM »

There's no way a player who was predominantly a winger in Belgium was going to come Italy and play as a wing-back and hit the ground running. There's a lot to learn.

But with that in mind, I can't understand how he's seeing so much action already and as much as I recognise there are areas of his game that need to improve, I'm not quite sure I'm seeing the attitude I expected from him. He doesn't seem very willing to do the dirty work which is required of a player in his position.

Right on the money with the first and i'm surprised the 2nd also is true.  I didn't expect him not to step up this way, it was his trademark more or less to help out everywhere.  Maybe he's afraid to make faults or misjudge, he looks to be playing with the breaks on at times, especially in defence.

It seems to become pretty standard that Inzaghi brings in Lukaku and Marusic as subs in the second half. This works because both are physical players that can push a tired opponent. So not the worst idea. i don't really think that either of them is ready to be a starter.

Lukaku was already known here for not defending and these comments are back up in the press after Vitesse.  Boskamp said out loud it's crazy to him that Lukaku is playing in Serie A, let alone at a topside.

I agre, neither of them are close to being ready for the 1st eleven, maybe just as wingbacks when playing not that openly but certainly not as fullbacks, that would end dramaticly.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2017, 05:10:50 PM »

Right on the money with the first and i'm surprised the 2nd also is true.  I didn't expect him not to step up this way, it was his trademark more or less to help out everywhere.  Maybe he's afraid to make faults or misjudge, he looks to be playing with the breaks on at times, especially in defence.

Lukaku was already known here for not defending and these comments are back up in the press after Vitesse.  Boskamp said out loud it's crazy to him that Lukaku is playing in Serie A, let alone at a topside.

I agre, neither of them are close to being ready for the 1st eleven, maybe just as wingbacks when playing not that openly but certainly not as fullbacks, that would end dramaticly.

Marusic did give away the penalty against Juve, perhaps that lingers in his mind. However he needs to get tighter to his back, track man and if he is going to leave a man at least communicate to another player to pick him up.

Regarding Lukaku, never understood why he is a wing back? Why not just be an AML?

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 05:15:24 PM »

Compatriot???hmmm,,,,,ko zna, shvatice

What's not to understand?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21