Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 118

Author Topic: Transfers and Rumours (2017-2018)  (Read 22580 times)

ilsemprelaziale

• LF Legend
Re: Re: Transfers and Rumours 2017
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 02:06:49 PM »

Since when is not using your contacts been successful in any walk of life? It's literally what everyone does in life. If I got my mate to cut my hair for free, would you criticise me for not going to the barbers and paying full whack?

For me, the criticism is what's lazy here - Tare using a contact is bad because Marusic isn't well-known and because he isn't well-known, he must be rubbish.
I would critisize you if you were someone who cared a lot about your hair and took good care of it on a daily basis, but then for your monthly cut you'd go down to your friend paying 5 euros for him to fu ck it up over spending twice as much and looking awesome instead

This is not based on this summer by the way, so I am not speaking about the Marusic transfer now, but instead as a general thing with Lazio and Tare.

Do you guys feel Tare has done a good job as a sporting director or do you think he could do better? I am not calling him a failure because I realize we have limited money, but we're a very inconsistent football club and I wonder whether it has something to do with the way Tare works...
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 02:10:45 PM »

If Milan and Inter's investment pays off, the only way Tare can react to it is if he finds 500 million down the back of his sofa. In the meantime, he can only continue doing what he does and hope we finish above Inter and Milan again next season because, you know, everyone speaks about their threat every July and come the following May, they are laughing stocks.

I agree that the contractual sagas with Biglia, Keita and de Vrij is probably where blame can be placed on the club, but we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Like I said, Biglia said he wanted to retire at Lazio a few months ago, but apparently a month ago he told Lazio he wanted to leave - and that's our captain - messy situation for the club which is almost ALL on Biglia.

Since when is not using your contacts been successful in any walk of life? It's literally what everyone does in life. If I got my mate to cut my hair for free, would you criticise me for not going to the barbers and paying full whack?

For me, the criticism is what's lazy here - Tare using a contact is bad because Marusic isn't well-known and because he isn't well-known, he must be rubbish.
I would critisize you if you were someone who cared a lot about your hair and took good care of it on a daily basis, but then for your monthly cut you'd go down to your friend paying 5 euros for him to fu ck it up over spending twice as much and looking awesome instead

But you are assuming my mate is terrible at cutting hair, and you haven't seen my hair. That's exactly why you get a bit of backlash at this time of year - you don't wait on anything to play out.

My hair might be f**king fantastic.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 02:23:09 PM »

I am not sure if the club could do more to solve the Biglia, De Vrij and Keita saga.
Biglia got a great offer and to be honest he should have taken it. But he made it clear that he wants to leave. What can the club do other than trying to get as much money for him as possible?
De Vrij declared in the dutch media from begining that he sees Lazio as a step, not as an end station. To be honest he is behaving quite poorly now since Lazio paid his salary for a full injury year and now he makes it clear that he intends to leave for free next year. I find this rather annoying. I would rather sell him now and get some money. Also give more space to Wallace and Bastos.
Keita is an interesting case - he was asking for a lot when he was not playing that well. When he started to play well, we tried to offer several contracts and he rejects them. Now it seems that he really wants to leave to Juve, which if you ask me is a poor career decision. Would I keep him? Yes. But he is damn spoiled and he has a stupid agent. So I would also not mind getting some cash for him.
In the end I think we might keep all 3 but that might mean losing at least 40 mil (say that Biglia is valued now at min 10, De Vrij at 15, Keita also at 15 -> they all could be worth 0 next year). So yeah - it is nice to dream at getting 60-70 mil for the 3. but if you would ask me - take 40 mil now or 0 next year - I would sell them as soon as possible. With 40 mil we can get some good reinforcements.

ilsemprelaziale

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 02:24:23 PM »

If Milan and Inter's investment pays off, the only way Tare can react to it is if he finds 500 million down the back of his sofa. In the meantime, he can only continue doing what he does and hope we finish above Inter and Milan again next season because, you know, everyone speaks about their threat every July and come the following May, they are laughing stocks.

I agree that the contractual sagas with Biglia, Keita and de Vrij is probably where blame can be placed on the club, but we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Like I said, Biglia said he wanted to retire at Lazio a few months ago, but apparently a month ago he told Lazio he wanted to leave - and that's our captain - messy situation for the club which is almost ALL on Biglia.

But you are assuming my mate is terrible at cutting hair, and you haven't seen my hair. That's exactly why you get a bit of backlash at this time of year - you don't wait on anything to play out.

My hair might be f**king fantastic.

:supsmile: :supsmile: :supsmile: :supsmile:
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2017, 02:52:02 PM »

Do you guys feel Tare has done a good job as a sporting director or do you think he could do better? I am not calling him a failure because I realize we have limited money, but we're a very inconsistent football club and I wonder whether it has something to do with the way Tare works...

I feel Cathal summarized it quite well... we tend not to wait on anything to play out. we criticize far too fast and far too often as I think people get some kind of satisfaction out of it.
Back to your Tare question, I think Tare is doing a very good job as a SD and this is because I rate his job based on the outcome vs the tools he was given to use. Looking at inter DS, Tare looks like a superstar.

for example:

We buy an unknown player called SMS for peanuts, they buy Kondogbia for 45 mil I think.
2 years later, we have one of the most sought after midfielders rated at 50mil+ vs kondogbia who cant and wont retrieve what was paid for him 2 years ago.
it's all comes down to ROI. return on Investment, and Lazio's is one of the highest in the business in Serie A if not the highest

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 03:02:54 PM »

Well, in truth, it's no good discussing this market in 2-3 years time and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But for me, I don't understand how Tare can be criticised for using his contacts when every single human being on planet earth does the same in various walks of life, and I don't understand the idea that Tare can be doing a bad job because Milan and Inter are investing when obviously Tare can't control what Milan and Inter do.

If there's one thing that bugs me about discussions on Lazio - and this goes for the forum and off the forum - it's that there seems to be little regard for what the other 19 teams do in Serie A. If Milan and Inter invest heavily and finish in the Top 3 next season and we miss out on Europe, that does not necessarily mean Tare has done or is doing a bad job. The flip side of that is that bad managers have won the Scudetto, or clubs run by terrible owners.

Harmi1985

• Aquilotto
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 03:28:22 PM »

i get the point that Dakiller is saying and i may be one of Tare harshest critics, but my problem is not just the players that Tare or Lotito buys, it how they deal with business, you can say yes Sms is worth 50 million at the moment, but just like Keita just like Pandev, just like Zarate, how do we know that in a couple of years time there will be a possible contract dispute with him and we will end up losing out on millions for him as we had done with those mentioned players, its not just the whole buying players that i have an issue with its also the way the club is run, nobody wants to do business with Lotito

i am a lazio fan and have been for 20 years, and as a football fan you want excitement around the club, u want that feeling that yes this may be the season, but im not feeling that, and its that level of frustration that makes me feel angry
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 03:30:45 PM by Harmi1985 »

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 03:38:00 PM »

Pandev is the only player we lost money on because of a contract dispute. That was almost 8 years ago and was before Tare. And I was never bothered about Pandev going because I felt Lazio would move forward as a club without him because I never got a favourable impression of him as a player or person. Lazio moved forward without him and he's shown his true colours, so I still see that as a win.

We haven't lost money on Keita yet, and Zarate's situation wasn't a contractual dispute - it was a technical decision by Reja. He also sent Floccari packing but no one talks about losing money on Floccari or his behaviour because he came back and proved a point under the next manager.

There are things I am more than happy to criticise the club for at the moment and I can understand being frustrated or lacking in feeling for the club from time-to-time, but why be angry about something before it has even happened yet?

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 03:40:18 PM »

i get the point that Dakiller is saying and i may be one of Tare harshest critics, but my problem is not just the players that Tare or Lotito buys, it how they deal with business, you can say yes Sms is worth 50 million at the moment, but just like Keita just like Pandev, just like Zarate, how do we know that in a couple of years time there will be a possible contract dispute with him and we will end up losing out on millions for him as we had done with those mentioned players, its not just the whole buying players that i have an issue with its also the way the club is run, nobody wants to do business with Lotito

i am a lazio fan and have been for 20 years, and as a football fan you want excitement around the club, u want that feeling that yes this may be the season, but im not feeling that, and its that level of frustration that makes me feel angry

What you are saying is legit, but what does Tare have to do with it ? Contract extensions are also stipulated by the agent fees and salary which both are capped by Lotito.
I am discussing Tare's JOB as a DS and extending contracts just like buying players is an outcome based on what tools he has, which are limited

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 04:46:45 PM »

Reports that De Vrij declined another offer for extenstion and is set for Rube in 2018
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 118