Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 524

Author Topic: Transfers and Rumours (2017-2018)  (Read 189655 times)

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
Re: Transfers and Rumours (2017-2018)
« Reply #4190 on: February 07, 2018, 08:34:02 PM »

I don't think our current formation is great for FA. During the preseason he showed great counter attacks with Ciro, but with our current attacking style of dominating possession, there is limited space for FA. Probably suits him better to go back to the wings. In any case it's sad but we can all see reasons for him to leave.

That's where we tend to go wrong on occassion.  Inzaghi should play the direct counter style more when it's the better option.  Conserve some energy for the rest and let a Felipe make the miles more.  It certainly would help during busy schedules.  The way we should have approached Milan.  Lure them out and 1 or 2 good chances would have occured, even with them being very defensive.

I'm not sure about this Evesto. I think our players work harder off the ball than on it. Possession football would suit us more in terms of keeping the players fresh.

However I do agree that the system doesn't fit Anderson.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4191 on: February 07, 2018, 10:06:40 PM »

I don't think our current formation is great for FA. During the preseason he showed great counter attacks with Ciro, but with our current attacking style of dominating possession, there is limited space for FA. Probably suits him better to go back to the wings. In any case it's sad but we can all see reasons for him to leave.

That's where we tend to go wrong on occassion.  Inzaghi should play the direct counter style more when it's the better option.  Conserve some energy for the rest and let a Felipe make the miles more.  It certainly would help during busy schedules.  The way we should have approached Milan.  Lure them out and 1 or 2 good chances would have occured, even with them being very defensive.

I'm not sure about this Evesto. I think our players work harder off the ball than on it. Possession football would suit us more in terms of keeping the players fresh.

However I do agree that the system doesn't fit Anderson.

Get what you mean and it's a system that brought result but it's not always been the righf option.  Our cm'd have to run much more to creat space for Alberto or Sergej to launch Ciro.  If Felipe would be in it he's one to make the space himself with speed and movements.  For example the opening goal from Sergej first derby coppa semi final.

Don't get me wrong we have a good system now, but recovering a little lower to launch the counter made us look real impressive in those derbies.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #4192 on: February 08, 2018, 03:08:05 AM »

About Anderson.  He has been looking bad that's obvious.  Should he be back on track by now, yes that injury is long gone, so it's probably mentally.  But with some clear talk and show of trust that could change, that's what he needs.

He remains a tremendous talent, we've all seen him shine in our shirt and decide games.  Under Pioli he scored important goals from the left, helping us into CL qualification.  Under Inzaghi last season on the right he was the new and improved Candreva delivering numerous assists, getting us into Europe.  Okay it's always the team but his contribution was hugely important. 

It's a different system now but he can still get important and i'm reasonably certain that it will be required. He could be the key to make the difference in the EL. 

People forget quickly seeing another squad getting some impressive results, but football is very pherishable.  In two months he could be the one we look to again for results, that's how things go in this game.

I believe I write somethin like this before

our slim chance to reach cl would be slimmer if we cant use all our asset to the max, and that including gennaro or even jordao

in short, I believe we wont achieve cl spot just with our default starting lineup week in week out, no way

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4193 on: February 08, 2018, 11:28:36 AM »

I think the patience some are willing to show Anderson is gone now at Lazio. We can speculate as to why, but actions speak volumes.

The club have given Parolo, SMS, Immobile and now Luis Alberto significant pay increases in return for an additional year on their contract. Marusic, Strakosha, Murgia, Neto, Jordao, Palombi etc. have long-term deals. There's talk of the club wanting to give Radu another long-term deal and tie Lukaku down for longer, while an outright purchase of Nani is said to be a real possibility. de Vrij has been offered a new contract. Leiva and Lulic have deals which take them well into their 30s.

Basically, the club are trying to retain everyone of use for as long as possible except for one individual: Anderson. He's out-of-contract in two years and is paid just over 1 million. Basically, his contract says 'we value you just a little bit more than Caicedo and Di Gennaro'.

That sends out a clear and strong signal to me. Either Lazio don't want to keep him, or Anderson doesn't want to stick around. So while I agree in theory that Anderson could be one of our most important players again in 2 or 3 months, the impression I'm getting is that someone doesn't want him to be that player in 2-3 months.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4194 on: February 08, 2018, 11:47:01 AM »

LLSN is reporting that Inzaghi spoke to the team, and made it clear that everybody has to give his best - and if someone doesn't want to give his best, he is free to go...
Reports say that the leaders of the team (i guess...Lulic, Parolo maybe more) supports this, and also the rest of the team agrees with that.

In my opinion, FA is out of this squad until he himself is changing his attitude - and Inzaghi let him know this.
As much as i like FA and see him as the best football player since many years - i speak about his possibilities and his talent - we don't need such players in our team. It hurts to see this, but if someone is not ready to give all for the team, it's the wrong place here.

Try to sell him at minimum 20 mill (will be difficult), but sell him. Give him an ultimatium.

The coach is showing the right signs - no one is bigger than the team, no one can do what he wants to. Work for the success for the team and the goals for the team.

Bravo, Mister! :bravo:

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4195 on: February 08, 2018, 01:36:46 PM »

LLSN is reporting that Inzaghi spoke to the team, and made it clear that everybody has to give his best - and if someone doesn't want to give his best, he is free to go...
Reports say that the leaders of the team (i guess...Lulic, Parolo maybe more) supports this, and also the rest of the team agrees with that.

In my opinion, FA is out of this squad until he himself is changing his attitude - and Inzaghi let him know this.
As much as i like FA and see him as the best football player since many years - i speak about his possibilities and his talent - we don't need such players in our team. It hurts to see this, but if someone is not ready to give all for the team, it's the wrong place here.

Try to sell him at minimum 20 mill (will be difficult), but sell him. Give him an ultimatium.

The coach is showing the right signs - no one is bigger than the team, no one can do what he wants to. Work for the success for the team and the goals for the team.

Thank goodness we have a character like Inzaghi leading us. If this was any of our previous managers then I could see things going very badly in the dressing room.

The players however seem to realise and respect that Inzaghi has been here for longer than any of them and I think for the first time the manager holds the cards rather than the players.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #4196 on: February 08, 2018, 03:15:58 PM »

Thank goodness we have a character like Inzaghi leading us. If this was any of our previous managers then I could see things going very badly in the dressing room.

The players however seem to realise and respect that Inzaghi has been here for longer than any of them and I think for the first time the manager holds the cards rather than the players.

Definitely the first time. It's how it should be.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4197 on: February 08, 2018, 03:31:31 PM »

He's making the difference where it usually went wrong also.

Taking things in perspective he probably had patience enough with Felipe, and seeing him lead in Genoa's winner without even trying to help probably was the last straw.  It's understandable.

Inzaghi gives plenty new chances after errors, as long as they keep fighting.  We can't expect him to be a saint any more then that.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #4198 on: February 08, 2018, 05:56:23 PM »

In his favor - it's not like Felipe is not giving 100% game after game. It was an isolated incident if you ask me and maybe caused by him expecting to start against Genoa. I understand Inzaghi's position and I agree with it, but from here to "let's get rid of him for 20 mil asap" is a long way. Also, it's not like we had a super game against Genoa - most of the team played bad.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4199 on: February 08, 2018, 06:55:16 PM »

In his favor - it's not like Felipe is not giving 100% game after game. It was an isolated incident if you ask me and maybe caused by him expecting to start against Genoa. I understand Inzaghi's position and I agree with it, but from here to "let's get rid of him for 20 mil asap" is a long way. Also, it's not like we had a super game against Genoa - most of the team played bad.

I wouldn't say it's an isolated incident since he's been slacking on the field for some weeks now when coming on.  But i'm certainly on thesame page for the rest, to go from this to getting rid of him all the way is not the right option.  The club needs to try and set things straight with him so everybody is on thesame page for the rest of the season.  He still needs to do his job while here.
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 524