Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 524

Author Topic: Transfers and Rumours (2017-2018)  (Read 189658 times)

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
Re: Transfers and Rumours (2017-2018)
« Reply #4300 on: February 22, 2018, 12:09:14 PM »

Izzo would be bound for Juve or Napoli, if not there already, if he hadn't been embroiled in that scandal.

He'd also be World Cup bound.... if Italy made it.

Good time to strike for him IMO.
La Lazio Ť la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #4301 on: February 22, 2018, 12:29:57 PM »

It's not really about the money, but the scouting. Wallace and Bastos didn't come cheap and they're still terrible. Luiz Felipe is young and free but he is the one performing. We had flops like Novaretti, Gentiletti, Rozehnal, Ciani, Bisevac and many more in CB, which makes me wonder how long we studied them for.

The good ones are Siviglia, Biava, Dias, plenty of experience in high level leagues and are reliable established players. De Vrij was an international star so he is proven as well. All others including Hoedt are simply overhyped investments that couldn't perform.

Although the 8m spent on De Vrij couldn't be recovered, I'd say it's still well worth the price for being a cornerstone for our defense for 3 seasons. With others we'd be leaking many more goals. We don't need to spend a lot, just need to spend wise.

I don't remember Gentiletti being that poor before his injury, then what happened after could not be blamed on Tare. As for Ciani I'm probably one of few who really liked him.. for the rest i agree.

But, Dias came from playing only in South America. How is that "plenty of experience in high level leagues and are reliable established players" ?

About Hoedt, we have one of the best deals that Tare has ever made here. We bought him for 0 and sold him for about Ä17M(?).

Gentiletti had two good games against weak opponents which we thought he was the solution, but now we know he is a flop like Bastos

Dias was playing in the Brazilian league in one of the best teams, and I think someone mentioned he was in Brazilian team of the year before he came. He was regular for many seasons also. That is better than some Mexican league player who shone for a season or two. So I still classify him having a good background.

For Hoedt, it was the best deal cause he is so worthless and we sold him for much money. Not that I don't like the deal, but I'm pointing out he's a poor player that can't defend and we're all surprised to see him gone so well. None would be happy if he stayed instead.

Just saying we need more proven players, which are in fact not costly.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4302 on: February 22, 2018, 09:58:01 PM »

Tare had some words tonight for De Vrij's agents, 'they didn't play fairly and made a game of the negotiations'

Also had a few words in general,
'Lazio must be seen as a point of arrival and not as a stepping stone'  :twinkle:

gibson_lp2

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #4303 on: February 23, 2018, 07:40:36 AM »

Letís relax... De Vrij is good but he isnít THAT good. Itís a shame he is leaving but losing keita hurt more even though we got paid for him.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #4304 on: February 23, 2018, 09:56:01 AM »

I actually think that De Vrij is very good for us. I do not think that he will be easily replaceable and the thought of a backline Bastos - Wallace - Radu is not very reassuring. I would really like an italian defender to replace him.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4305 on: February 23, 2018, 12:12:46 PM »

Got suspicious of Patric starting over new SEG client Bastos last night, so did a little bit of investigating. Found out that a hairdresser in Rome - practically the hairdresser of almost all Lazio players - has recently become an SEG agent.

So when Tare says SEG are behaving incorrectly, I wonder how much of it is to do with straight up negotiations with de Vrij and how much of it is, in all probability, to do with hiring a guy with access to almost all Lazio players to be one of their 'agents'.

One look at this Instagram page probably says it all.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #4306 on: February 23, 2018, 12:23:22 PM »

Well, Raiola started as a pizza guy :D
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4307 on: February 23, 2018, 12:26:40 PM »

Well, Raiola started as a pizza guy :D

And Jorge Mendes was in a nightclub when he got his break. My assumption would be that this hairdresser got hired by SEG because he had access to Lazio players, and he's now in the process of snapping them up.

Oh, and another thing - all those images of Bastos signing with SEG and attached announcements appear to have disappeared from the internet...

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #4308 on: February 23, 2018, 12:28:11 PM »

Well I know where im going to get my next haircut

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #4309 on: February 23, 2018, 12:29:46 PM »

If he's as good an agent as he is a haidresser, he won't go far

I mean just look at Luis Alberto and Anderson  :fingerup:
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 524