Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 326

Author Topic: Transfers and Rumours (2017-2018)  (Read 83507 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Transfers and Rumours (2017-2018)
« Reply #700 on: July 17, 2017, 01:10:15 PM »

With injury, there is no such a thing as "get back to his best".
It is just a fantasy hope to be honest.

Why dont he "get back to his best" at Liverpool?

It's unlikely that a player is going to be at his healthiest in their 30s as they come closer to the end of their career, but it's not impossible. Di Natale, for example, had serious knee problems his whole career but managed to stay healthy and find his best form in his mid-30s.

Lucas Leiva has had knee problems which plagued him for years, but in the last three seasons, he's been fairly healthy. There's nothing to suggest he can't do what Di Natale did. It's optimistic, but it's not "fantasy". Lazio wouldn't be signing him if they felt he couldn't get him back to his best form.

It comes across as if you are either forming an opinion on Leiva based on the most subjective opinions or you are using subjective opinions as the proof to back up your own initial opinion on the signing, but there's facts out there for Leiva and in my opinion, if you want to know more about Leiva, go with the facts rather than the opinions.

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #701 on: July 17, 2017, 01:32:36 PM »

Does anyone else see the Lucas Leiva signing similar to our signing of Brocchi nine years ago (yes it's been that long!).
Brocchi maybe had more impact on the attacking phase of play, and was more in your face, but I think their approach to the game and their respective professionalism is similar.

Leiva could end up walking away from this club in a few years' time as a very respected player.

He's also used to playing at a much faster tempo and against more physical opposition than most Serie A midfielders so he'll bring something important to the team.

I like this signing a lot.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #702 on: July 17, 2017, 01:38:09 PM »

Does anyone else see the Lucas Leiva signing similar to our signing of Brocchi nine years ago (yes it's been that long!).

To an extent, yes, because Leiva is someone who people will see as a fighter because he has a fantastic attitude and will put his body on the line.

I don't think they are particularly similar players or even similar people, but I can see Leiva gaining the same kind of respect Brocchi did as long as he holds up physically.

Basically, they are both very ugly on the eye but effective in what they do and those players tend to be seen in a certain light.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #703 on: July 17, 2017, 01:56:36 PM »

Lulic said something about Leiva that I really liked. Lulic acknowledged that the team has so many youngsters that they need players like Leiva..leaders

Biglia never struck me as the kind of leader who helps youngsters outside the pitch, not like Mauri for example. Where as with Leiva it's the complete opposite.

Based on Liverpool fans reactions and comments I'd say he was their Mauri..humble, charismatic and well liked. Having someone like him will help a lot I suspect..

I've gone from meh to being excited about Leiva..
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #704 on: July 17, 2017, 02:19:34 PM »

Whats behind Keita story ?
 I just hope that if dont stay-he will go outside of Italy.
 Pasalic ? the price is acceptable for young player(good CV/Chelsea-Milan), but do you see him as the starting eleven player ?-Me, no.
 So, do those 8 m are smart invest or not ?

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #705 on: July 17, 2017, 02:28:50 PM »

Well, if Keita went to sign for Inter last night, Wallace and Bastos are about to leave Simone for Pippo and sign for Venezia while de Vrij is off the Chievo or Hellas.

Joke aside, I don't think there is any story.

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #706 on: July 17, 2017, 03:18:03 PM »

Germoni on loan to Parma with an option to buy. Lazio with a buy back clause.
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #707 on: July 17, 2017, 03:27:27 PM »

Leiva is the guy I never liked, no particular reason, I just thought he isn't a good player. But of course I am willing and even more eager to see what he brings to Lazio. There are so many players who weren't at their best while playing in the Premier League and then, after going to another league, showed another side to their game. And I think Serie A is going to fit him much better than Premier League.

And that date of birth  :razz:

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #708 on: July 17, 2017, 03:29:17 PM »

Well, if Keita went to sign for Inter last night, Wallace and Bastos are about to leave Simone for Pippo and sign for Venezia while de Vrij is off the Chievo or Hellas.

Joke aside, I don't think there is any story.

Fair argument. But why didnt he play?
FORZA LAZIO!

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #709 on: July 17, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »

Fair argument. But why didnt he play?

Well, it's possible that he has a slight injury problem and therefore was spared from the match and allowed to leave camp early to go visit his girlfriend. The knee injury he was apparently faking last summer is apparently still something that needs to be managed a year later, despite the fact it never existed in the first place. So there's an alternative explanation.

But of course, it's possible that he is negotiating with any team in world football as any team would do such negotiations in Milan. So if Keita's in Milan, there's going to be a story. It's that he's on the verge of signing for Inter for a fee of 20 million that I simply do not believe. If true, I'm sure we'd have heard more by 4pm this afternoon.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 326