Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 432

Author Topic: Transfers and Rumours (2017-2018)  (Read 150366 times)

Giosselino

• Aquilotto
Re: Transfers and Rumours (2017-2018)
« Reply #4210 on: February 13, 2018, 10:42:50 AM »

Samuel Gigot ? I should be happy to see a french player joining Lazio but I don't see the point in recruiting a guy who only played in French Ligue 2 before going to Jupiler League.
He is also known for being a player who is booked very often, nearly one yellow card in every game played  :whistle:
"Essere laziale qualcosa di speciale, diverso dalla massa. E stato l'instinto a spingermi verso i colori biancocelesti e la passione per l'aquila, un animale affascinante, regale, fiero."

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4211 on: February 13, 2018, 11:09:17 AM »

Bastos has signed up with de Vrij's agents, just announced.

Now, this is interesting... because that's either going to smooth things along with de Vrij's contract in that the agency have another reason to not to get in Tare's bad books, or Bastos is going to find himself in Tare's bad books...

I suspect the former.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4212 on: February 13, 2018, 12:42:19 PM »

Next time we sign a CB I'd like us to go with a different approach. Let's either splash out on a profile or instead sign a CB from one of the smaller clubs in Serie A. Someone who's already been tested in Serie A.

Every time we try and be clever by signing a CB from a smaller league it ends up going horribly wrong. Maybe it's time the club realises that and decides to spend a bit more on that position.

Those names you mentioned, big no thanks from me. No reason to assume any of them are better than Bastos and Wallace.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4213 on: February 13, 2018, 02:21:11 PM »

Radiosei claim Tare has an eye on Gent's Samuel Gigot. Our Belgian contingent here can probably fill us in, but seems he can play as a centre-back, right-back and defensive-mid so I would guess this is an option to slot in at right centre-back. Diego Reyes, out of contract this summer, has a similar profile and is apparently also on the shortlist.

Radiosei also name Braga centre-back Bruno Viana as an option given our ties with Jorge Mendes and this is the one that got my attention - Bologna left-back Adam Masina also said to be of interest.

Gigot at Kortrijk upon arriving in Belgium was promissing but shaky.  Took to many cards and was simply not calm enough, to eager.  But skill was certainly visable.

Then went to KAA Gent to play in as RCB (3-4-3).  But upon his arrival there the team was in downfull as things were coming to and end with coach Vanhaezebrouck flirting with Anderlecht. 

Now Gent has become a solid and structered team (4-2-3-1) with Gigot as right CB completely finding his way.  He's definitly a player with intelligence and skill, playing the offside trap perfectly btw ...  :twinkle:
And most certainly is the type for an RCB position.

But all of this of course is on Jupiler League level.  Wich means he's good in a league where Marusic was wanted by the teams who push for the title before coming to Rome. 

Samuel Gigot ? I should be happy to see a french player joining Lazio but I don't see the point in recruiting a guy who only played in French Ligue 2 before going to Jupiler League.
He is also known for being a player who is booked very often, nearly one yellow card in every game played  :whistle:

He really was that's true, most certainly at Kortrijk as wel.  But he's currently on 50 full 90min games at Gent and has taken 7 yellow cards.  That's very reasonable imo.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:56:12 PM by Evesto »

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4214 on: February 13, 2018, 02:33:31 PM »

For CB's Tare shouldn't really be looking in Belgium imo.  There's only a handfull that could handle a higher level at the moment from all the clubs in the 1st division.

- Kara (Anderlecht)
- Colley (Genk)
- Mitrovic (Brugge)
- Gigot (Gent)

That's it, the rest would completely fall trough abroad and most likely one or two of these also.

Kara is most certainly the most valuable.  Solid, athletic, skilled.  But there's no way he'd go under 10mill and i'm guessing most certainly a couple more because Anderlecht has huge debts and always aim to cash in bigtime.

Colley at Genk was the best to seasons ago here, but is currently having some decline.

Matej Mitrovic is on loan from Besiktas here in Brugge with a buyout option for 5mill.
And i must say what i've seen from his so far he might be worth it. 
Good player, i liked him from the first appearence and the perfect profile for RCB.
Calm and solid, i would trade him with Bastos without a second doubt.

blue_sky

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #4215 on: February 13, 2018, 04:43:53 PM »

Just to add that report from Llsn Lazio is observing Hector Herrera and Diego Reyes when match between Porto vs Liverpool.
Herrera from what see in transfermarkt is expired in 2019 with ages 27-28. Good profile and good box to box midfielder with 1 level above Murgia and same level with Parolo

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4216 on: February 13, 2018, 06:56:47 PM »

LLSN's understanding of Diego Reyes' situation is that the player was offered to Lazio in recent days (free agent in summer) and Lazio said no on the grounds that he's a non-EU player... which suggests Lazio already have a non-EU player in mind for the summer market.

That would make me think Azmoun could be back on the agenda, although considering he's barely played this season and has been far from setting the world alight when he has played, I'd be surprised if Lazio were still interested.

But no doubt the media will come up with some non-EU names to keep us clicking on webpages.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4217 on: February 13, 2018, 07:30:32 PM »

LLSN's understanding of Diego Reyes' situation is that the player was offered to Lazio in recent days (free agent in summer) and Lazio said no on the grounds that he's a non-EU player... which suggests Lazio already have a non-EU player in mind for the summer market.

That would make me think Azmoun could be back on the agenda, although considering he's barely played this season and has been far from setting the world alight when he has played, I'd be surprised if Lazio were still interested.

But no doubt the media will come up with some non-EU names to keep us clicking on webpages.

Herrera then, could be.  Certainly on my list.

No point in getting more in the attacking roster wich is filled, when midfield and defence aren't balanced.
But with our management logic is never to be fully expected.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4218 on: February 13, 2018, 07:53:00 PM »

Hector Herrera seems like an interesting player for sure, wouldn't mind seeing him here but I wonder if we could do better with that non eu spot.

Still a lot of questions that needs to be answered this season, do we make it to the CL and then keep De Vrij/Sergej etc or does it go like it's gone in the past where we get knocked down to EL places. If the latter happens some of our best players will leave and they need to be replaced.

Right now the most realistic scenario is Europa League next season. I'd hate to see two of our best players leave in the summer and then seeing them being replaced by fringe players from lesser leagues.

Either way, Lotito is going to have to spend some money in the summer.

Parolo 33 years old
Basta 33 years old
Lulic 32 years old
Lucas 31 years old
Radu 31 years old
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #4219 on: February 13, 2018, 08:01:50 PM »

Herrera is a good player, id like him, useful versatile midfielder. Didnt realise he was so young actually, seems like hes been around forever
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 432