Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 431

Author Topic: Transfers and Rumours (2017-2018)  (Read 150033 times)

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
Re: Transfers and Rumours (2017-2018)
« Reply #4230 on: February 14, 2018, 03:26:03 PM »

Watched Real against Sociedad and Benzema missed two sitters. How does this guy play for Real 10 years already?

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #4231 on: February 14, 2018, 05:27:33 PM »

Benzema is still at Madrid because he is friends with Ronaldo and is the perfect player for him to play with. He often moves out of the box taking defenders with him and allowing Ronaldo a free run in. He doesn't mind being the non-striker striker to allow Ronaldo to thrive. I remember when he played for France at one of the tournaments and was doing the same thing, vacating the box for virtually the entire game and never looking like scoring himself. The problem was that France didn't have Ronaldo or anyone to exploit the centre forward area so they, and so Benzema, ended up completely ineffective.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #4232 on: February 14, 2018, 05:37:12 PM »

Wow, that's some next-level sugarcoating the fact that Benzema frequently manages to miss the unmissable. Were it not for Higuain he'd be the most-likely-to-choke player in top clubs in Europe
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #4233 on: February 14, 2018, 05:55:50 PM »

:rolley: No sugarcoating, I'm actually agreeing with the fact Benzema isn't much good as a striker. It's easy to keep someone in the team who helps your star man to score record breaking numbers of goals. Imagine if Madrid had a striker who stayed in the box or made the same runs as Ronaldo and tried to, or was good enough to, score hatfulls himself. You'd have an unhappy preening Ronaldo and an unhappy striker who gets in his way. Much better to let Benzema get out of the way!
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4234 on: February 14, 2018, 06:08:14 PM »

Yeah I've never understood what Real Madrid seens in Benzema. He doesn't score enough goals for the opportunities he gets by having those players around him. sometimes I've wondered why Real didn't go for someone like Cavani.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4235 on: February 14, 2018, 09:05:32 PM »

Rumours that Tare is still targetting Caio and Balbuena.
And in Belgium the story is getting launched that Gigot is on the radar for the summer.

Balbuena interests me, experienced, captains his team and not expensive.   A good oldfashioned style no nonsense defender.  No playing back on the GK, clearing and no risks, not a shamed to ram the ball away blindly forward when needed.  A weapon on cornerkicks as well.

campiador

• Aquilotto
« Reply #4236 on: February 14, 2018, 10:44:19 PM »

Rodrigo Caio? That guy is excellent! I remember watching him play for Brazil Olympics (or u-23) team. He was the leader.

Great composure, clinical in defense, plus very comfortable with dribbling and passing long and short balls. A great player for RCB/RWB.

An absolute yes from me!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:46:25 PM by campiador »

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4237 on: February 14, 2018, 11:36:01 PM »

Rodrigo Caio? That guy is excellent! I remember watching him play for Brazil Olympics (or u-23) team. He was the leader.

Great composure, clinical in defense, plus very comfortable with dribbling and passing long and short balls. A great player for RCB/RWB.

An absolute yes from me!

It seems he's very talented yes, but is he even in our range?  That's the big question with him being linked.
Balbuena is something that's clearly possible for Lazio.
But it's all rumours from earlier links that keep sticking.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #4238 on: February 15, 2018, 09:01:48 AM »

An absolute yes from me!

It seems he's very talented yes, but is he even in our range?  That's the big question with him being linked.
Balbuena is something that's clearly possible for Lazio.
But it's all rumours from earlier links that keep sticking.

Think someone had a bid of around 15 million or so accepted last season, so it's pretty unlikely that they'd take anything less. Even at that, for a player who's only played in South America, it's a stretch.

Probably rather spend that kind of money on somebody we know can do it in Italy, or at least a big league in Europe. Not up for more experiments at the back if I'm totally honest.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4239 on: February 15, 2018, 09:08:40 AM »

I'm totally with Stefano here. Prefer someone who already plays in Europe, and ... if i'm honest - i have enough of mental-up and downs brazilian players.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 431